PYGFO Friday 1/11

Good Morning Gals,

Glad to see Robin and Liann are still among us.
I know everyone is super busy, but if anyone has time, We'd love to hear from you:D

Is anyone going to be pre-ordering the STS series? I'm still on the fence about it. It is a lot of $$$ and sounds great, but I need to see some of the questions answered from Cathe or SNM first. My biggest concern is , what to do with all my other Cathe dvd's. I have lots of them and enjoy doing all of them as well. We have a squat rack and leg extension/hamstring curl but no leg press. I'm sure my DH could hang a pull up bar in the basement.

Well, I'm off to do some upper body work. Wish me luck :7

Roin - Let us know how your doctor appt goes.
Lara - How is the pregnancy going? Are you still able to workout?

Tess, Vicki, Michelle, Allison, Heather, Gin, Lara,Laura and everyone else, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Carolyn

Good morning strangers!!

I miss you all. Just going through a bit of a time personally and have been very resistant to being on the computer. Not to worry, nothing having to do with DH or DS's!! Some things happened with a "friend" of mine and I have just been very emotional and upset. Anyway, I'm still here, just not in full force yet! I just didn't want you all who I consider to be my friends to think I've abandoned you!!

I actually do have to run for now, I have a client coming in a minute. I haven't looked at the thread in almost a week, so I'll try and catch up later and will report in tomorrow. I'm keeping up with all my workouts on top of teaching class. Trying to not eat so much peanut butter since I am emotional ( says that as the jar sits opened right next to her LOL)and that is my comfort food. Um, it's not really working though!

Okay, there's the door, gotta run!!

Love to all! Have a great day!

I'm here, I'm here!

I'm sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I've been on the forums, but just too lazy to check in. I'm sorry. I'm a horrible PYGFOer... :)

I feel so fat today. I know it's annoying to hear that from people but it's true. It's jean day at work and I had to get my jeans on with a friggin' crane this morning. I don't know what went wrong. They're soooo tight in the legs. I feel like I'm waddling when I walk. I hate being uncomfortable like this. I haven't changed my eating at all but I have been doing more cardio and endurance lifting and less heavy weights. Maybe that's the culprit. I'm just so annoyed right now. I ordered the Gym Styles series this week though and they came in the mail yesterday so I'm going to start a rotation with them starting Monday. I'm excited for that. Maybe these dvd's will get my arse back in gear!

I'm not planning on ordering the STS series. To be honest, it's kind of a relief to me. I'm not hemming and hawing. I know that this series is just not what I want. I don't have the money right now, it sounds like a lot more work and commitment than I'm ready for (the whole 1RM max thing is pretty involved!) and I'd rather alternate the dvd's I have now. For people who want it--I can't wait to hear their reviews! If you're willing to put in the time and money for it, that's awesome! Me, not so much. ;)

Ok, well, I must get back to my lame job now. Again, I'm sorry for not checking in for so long. But I'm glad to be back!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Hi Carolyn, Allison, & Vicki!!! Glad to see all of you ladies on here! :) I've been a bad PYGFO'er too, not checking in very often.

I'm with all of you on the new workouts. I'd really like to have them, just to "have" them, but I know I do not need them right now. I still haven't done all of the Cathe & Tracey workouts that I currently have. I have enough videos to keep me going for several years, so I will just wait a while before getting the new workout.

Carolyn - Have fun with UB!

Vicki - I'm sending you tons of HUGS!!!

Allison - I was doing one of my Tracey workouts with my DH the other night and I kept saying, "look there's Allison!!! She's one of my online buddies." He just rolls his eyes at me. ;)

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans? I will be cleaning house on Saturday, but hope to drag the DH out for dinner at least one night. If I'm really lucky, maybe I'll get a movie out of him too. ;)

Good Afternoon PYGFOers!

Today I ran 3 miles and then did PLB. I am so excited that it's the weekend. Very tired.:p

Carolyn--I plan on pre-ordering STS. I knew it would be pricey and have saved the $200. Am. EX gc that my class gave me for Christmas, otherwise my DH might throw a fit. But, I still don't completely understand it. I'll have to read again.

Vicki--Hope things improve with your friend. Sorry.

Allison--Enjoy GS. That is truly one of my favs. I cannot even imagine how you would feel fat?!?!x( You are tiny, girl!!:)

Liann--What movie do you want to see? Nothing exciting here this weeekend and I like it that way. I've been so busy. I just want to stay home and relax.

Gin:)

Hi everyone! Still here and still going strong. Robin I am so glad to hear about your knee! Alison, you are definitely not fat girlfriend. Liann - glad to "see" you! Hi Carolyn!! Did you see Lauren's post about crossfit? Looks like we're going in late Jan or Feb if you want to go.

Workouts are great. I have new motivation. I told Vicki earlier that I'm thinking about getting my ACE PT certification. I would really like to learn more of the science behind exercise and who knows, maybe I could train clients part time and that would give me some motivation to really get my body in order. :)

Hope you guys are doing good!!

T

Gin - I just saw you post. How are your headaches?

Oh and I don't think I'm ordering STS. I just don't think I could tell DH I'm about to spend $200 on this after my VERY expensive treamill for Christmas. :)

Tess--That is exciting about you thinking about getting your ACE PT certification!!:) Wht does that involve? What a fun trainer you would be. Just like Vicki! Too bad I don't live closer.
My headaches? Not so good, but I'm hoping will be better soon. I am seeing my 6th dr. and he had me tested for 99 different allergies and took hair samples, etc. Nothing showed up, except my hormone levels were all low (perimenopause) and now has me taking hormone replacement which I have been taking for 1 week now. Had 3 headaches this past week. He tried acupunture and chiropractic readjustment with no success. You were sweet to ask, but are probably sorry you did now!x( Blah, blah, blah!:p

Gin:)

Hi friends.

Gin, I'm sorry the headaches aren't any better. You hadn't mentioned one in a while and I really thought they were clearing up. Hugs.

Tess, whoo hoo to your aspirations to become ACE certified. I agree, you'd be a great trainer.

Liann, LOL about pointing Allison out. I do the same thing. My DD just rolls her eyes at me. My only plans for the weekend are to work some overtime tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm relaxing. Maybe some housework. Nothing exciting, that's for sure.

Allison, glad to see you back. Isn't it crazy how we get our minds set on how we look? Believe me, you ARE NOT fat. You are beautiful!

Vicki, here's a hug for you too! You know, we are great to vent, moan or commenserate with. We're here if you need an ear.

Hey, Carolyn, you're getting pretty good at starting the thread!

Michelle, where are you? I saw a post from you on the open forum, but miss you here!

For those of you who haven't seen my post, the doctor said I have a classic medial meniscus tear. I'm tentatively scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on the 29th. He said I'd be on crutches for one day, then slowly work back to my normal activites. He thought it would take about 4 weeks, give or take. I'm so relieved it's fixable and I'll be able to step in a couple months. Also, it should be fine for our trip to St John, which always includes lots of hiking and snorkeling.

I don't plan of preordering the new series, as much as I hate to say it. Mostly for the same reasons many of you gave. Too much $$ right now. Too much hard core weight training for my own goals and life right now.

Have a great weekend all. Hope to see you all back.

Hello.

It has been a busy day (and I am about to fall asleep) so this will just be a quick check-in. I have been working out and I am still feeling well. I am hungry ALL THE TIME!! I will let you all know how my doctor appointment went tomorrow:) I have to say it was pretty uneventful though. I think all they wanted was my money!!

Carolyn...Thanks for asking about me! I am doing well except for gaining too much weight already:( As long as I keep feeling well, I will keep working out though. I have pretty much kept everything the same except for lowering some of the blast intensities.

Robin...Sorry about your knee, but I am glad you got a diagnosis. That is what my DH had earlier this fall. He is doing really well. I know you will be back to stepping before you know it. Keep us posted!!

Hello to everyone else!! I read everyone's post and will try to catch up over the weekend. Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.