PYGFO Check-in for Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning! I had a delightful birthday. God blessed me with an abundance of birthday calls and messages in the forums and in person. I started my day with the Body Max 2 cardio blast premix. It was filmed on my birthday last year! I had a delicious birthday too with a blueberry pancake for a treat Saturday morning (courtesy of my friend Rebecca) and chocolate amaretto cheesecake for dessert Saturday night. :9 Yummy! :9 Oh, I enjoyed a glass of sweet tea too. :9

I finally unpacked my suitcase Sunday but only because I need it to start packing for another trip. LOL! I am going to visit my precious niece who will be 2 years old in November. Her baby brother is due to arrive in November, and I want to spend some special time with her first. She is a doll, and I am so excited! Mom called from the grocery store Sunday to tell me about all the goodies she is planning to fix for me. She bought fresh blueberries to make homemade blueberry pancakes as well as the Texas Sheet Cake she promised to bake. :9 She also told me that we will be eating out several times while I am there. This is what I get for growing up in a Southern home! May God have mercy on my butt and thighs and waistline too! I hope Cathe is cooking up a good rotation for September! I am looking forward to eating purely to bless my body after Labor Day. August has been about feasting and fun. It is time to return to a focus on fitness!

It is time for a non-Cathe week. I have been doing her workouts exclusively since Mother’s Day (other than a few workouts at the club) and decided to take a break from Cathe this week and hit the ground running next week after Labor Day. I am already having Cathe withdrawals, but I am having fun playing with Tracey’s workouts. I received all of them as a gift and previewed all of them this weekend. I love dancy hi-lo workouts and was expecting that one to be my favorite. After a few minutes, I switched to Step Sweatfast. The second workout on this DVD is her best in my opinion. The choreography is dancy with no breakdown. I actually did it on the floor after doing Cathe step workouts on consecutive days, and it makes a fun hi-lo workout. I want to try it again with a step. The sculpting workout is more functional with advanced moves like kneeling on a stability ball while doing upper body work, and the core workout is too long and advanced for me at this time. I can tell from all these workouts that core work is her strength, but I am not ready for her core workout yet. If anyone wants to try just one of Tracey’s workouts, I would go for Step Sweatfest. I had so much fun watching Allison in this step workout. She is a ball of energy!

Monday was a day of belated birthday blessings! I received a beautiful birthday card from my father with a money order. I thought he forgot because he did not call me. I was surprised! He left when I was a baby, and I have not seen him in person since I was 9 years old. I am hoping to meet him again soon. The card included this blessing: “May God’s abundant blessings fill your life today and every day.” Mom sent me a beautiful card last week.

Oh, I am sweeter than birthday cake itself. :7 Just ask Cathe! ;-) (It is because I am full of sugar!) :7

Gin, I responded to your birthday thread last night. You need to read my response and the special one just above it! The Texas birthday girls were blessed last night! :7 You are special, and I am sweeter than birthday cake itself. :7

Love and hugs to all my Road Trip sisters. I am hoping to return later for personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Goodmorning Heather and all PYGFO ladies to follow! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday and the visit with your niece sounds very fun. I'm sure she will appreciate the added attention with a new sibling on the way.

Last night I just rode on my recumbent bike for a while until my legs were jello. I had planned to do a step workout afterwards but it got late and I just called it a night. Tonight I will either do the step routine I meant to do last night or some kickboxing or both... We'll see how energetic I feel. :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday morning!

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today was IMAX2...FUN!!

Heather--SO glad you had a wonderful birthday! You are sweeter than birthday cake itself! I agree! I did see all of the dear posts of good wishes for my birthday yesterday and was so touched by them all. They made my day.....especially the one from Cathe, herself!! :+ :+ :+ Happy, happy, joy, joy!!:)

Gotta run....back to work started yesterday.

Happy day everyone!
Gin

Morning Ladies!

Today is BM2#3+C&Wstep. I thought I would have the house to myself yesterday...well, my oldest decided to spend the day with me. I guess even 21 yo's need some mommy time:)

Liann, enjoy your workout tonight.

Gin, how special to have Cathe wish you a Happy Birthday! :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi facers.

Heather, it's wonderful that your birthday was so blessed with fun and friends. The trip to visit your niece sounds great. Does your family live far from you? Try to keep your portions small and enjoy all the treats your mom makes. I'm like her. I show my love with stuff from the kitchen. I don't why my DH isn't over 300 pounds.

So Gin, how was work?

Michelle, it's nice that your 21 yo still needs you.

I just finished Leaner Legs and am fried. I'm headed to the kitchen to show my family how much I love them with a peach pie. Then on to some house work. Bye for now.

Good afternoon my PYGFO friends!

I am finally checking in. It's like if I don't get here first thing in the morning I get antsy!!

Heather: Glad your birthday was special and sweet. Enjoy your visit!and, what is a Texas sheet cake? Is it any different than a NY sheet cake?? I mean, NY Cheesecake, actually Bronx cheesecake is like nothing else on the planet... but what's the difference with the sheet cake?

Gin: So glad you had a great birthday! I saw your personal HB message from Cathe. Um, excuse me, Miss " Very Special!" Haha... actually, I can't think of many other sweeter people who deserved that more than you!!

Liann: I love the new avatar pic!! That is the famous braided hairdo1 OOOO, I just have to say it... you know what I'm going to say right?? here it comes.... you are just TOO ADORABLE!!! ( sorry, I couldn't help myself :7 )

Michelle: That's nice that your daughter visited ( it is, right?) Awww.... she needed her mommy. How sweet!

Robinellers: hey now with that peach pie!! That's a whole lotta lovin'!!

Okay, so the boys and DH had a great day at the concert yesterday!! They hung out all day with Peter Holsapple who has been touring and playing with Hootie for 10 years now. He also was with the continental Drifters and the DB's as well as was married to Susan Cowsill of the Cowsills from back in the day. ( incidentally, Susan Cowsill does a cover of one of my boys' original songs at her concerts now. It is a song written after Hurricane Katrina and was written in memory of her brother Barry who died in the hurricane. She loved it and contacted us and we have met with her a few times now!)Anyway, Peter was wonderful and has become a great friend to us, and the boys and DH got unbelieveable seats for the concert, complimentary ( thank goodness 'cause those tickets were 50.00 each!!) and backstage passes. They hung out backstage with the Hootie and the Blowfish guys until Counting Crows were ready to play, and watched Counting Crows from a special seating section with Peter when they went on!) So, they had a wonderful day w/o me ;( But, they got in at 4:00 A.M. and I had to teach at 9:00 this morning so it was definitely better I didn't go. It makes me feel so good that they get to have these special things in their life. They have been through so much, between being born so prematurely ( 26 weeks for my triplets), having so much surgery and therapy all their life due to their cerebral palsy and then losing their brother at 6 yrs. old, it makes my heart smile that they have been so blessed in so many other ways. I am probably the luckiest mother in the world to have boys with the most loving caring hearts you could imagine. (don't mind me, I'm having a moment... guess I'm sharing it with you guys! Thanks for indulging me.)

My w/o today was teaching this morning and then again tonight. Enough said!! Eating has been a litle carb crazy due to PMS... Oh, and what's with these hot flashes every morning?? Excuse me, when the heck did all this perimenopause stuff happen. I'm still 18 in my mind!! Helloooooo!!

Okay, as usual this is a loooong post, so I'll sign off for now! Love and hugs to all of you! Have a wonderful day!!

Oh Vicki, that's so sweet hearing you gush about your boys! ;) Makes me wants kids for like a nano-second (which is saying a lot)! What is their web address again by the way? My DH keeps asking and I forgot to write it down the last time I saw you post it. Sounds like they had an awesome time at the concert! :) Too bad rocker mamma needed her beauty sleep and couldn't go (not that you of all people "need" beauty sleep - you know what I meant)! ;)

Hey Liann: caught you again before I sign off. LOL about the wanting kids for a nano-second! so, the boys have a website and a myspace. their myspace is better because they have 5 songs on their music player. The song about the hurricane is called "Walk Through the water" and you have to scroll down on the player as it is the 5th song.

so, it's: myspace.com/afragiletomorrow and also afragiletomorrow.com

Thanks so much for asking!! ( cutie petutie... hehe)

Good afternoon ladies. I do not have time for personals today. I have been in a meeting all day at work and now trying to catch up on some work. I had to be in early this morning so didn't have time for my workout but I'm hoping to get to it tonight. If not, tomorrow will be PUB.

Have a great day ladies. :) :) :)

Hi Again!

Michelle--You look way too young to have a 21 yo!! Well, that just says what kind of mom you are that he? wants to spend time with you!

Robin--Work is good. Good to be back and visit and plan with the other teachers. Now on Friday, the little 4 year olds come to meet me. Although I already know 8 of the 10.:)

Vicki--Texas Sheet cake is a 9x13 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, maybe with pecans in the frosting, I believe. I've lived in TX all of my 48 years, so I should know this. I'll look up a recipe for you.;-) Glad your boys had a good time at the concert. You also, my dear, look way too young to be having any hot flashes! But, sorry about that.:-(

Hi to Liann and Tess!

Gin:)

Well, I'm still (obviously) not checking in regularly, but here's hoping!! We close on our house on Thursday and move in the same night. My Phillip just got his spot in the office at church today and was setting up and decorating. Guess what? In addition to all the family pix from our recent trip, he has a picture of CATHE AND ME from the RT. I love it!!! Wow. Not only did he send me, now he's posting the pix at his office. What a guy.

Vicki, I love hearing you gush about your kids, too. Kids are just great. Liann, I never was one to really want kids right up until the moment that we decided we were ready. All these folks that were just "dying" to have a baby . . . that was never me. But when I did decide it was time, something just clicked over. My husband and I LOVE our kids and really enjoy them. But it's OK if you're not dying to have them. Vicki, what a testimony that your family can inspire others. :)

Trying to eat healthy, but just not managing to get the workouts in. When we move to our own house, I keep saying!!

See you!

Laura

Awww- thank you Gin, yes my oldest is a he:)

There was a recipe for Texas Sheet cake posted a few months back on OD. I believe Heather posted it. That was the best cake! I think I could have truly eaten all of it:p :+ LOL, Heather- you and I posted at the same time, thank you for finding that recipe!

Tess- so glad you could stop in and say 'hi':)
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.