PYGFO Check-in for Thursday, December 13, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
PYGFO Sisters:

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway. I have a fierce case of PMS, and I am tempted to eat anything that is not nailed down and can’t outrun me. I am officially falling off the December rotation this morning. Running is Cathe’s game plan for today. I fear that I might run to Cracker Barrel! It is actually in the 30s this morning and way too cold for this Texas girl. I am not a treadmill runner either, and the morning staff at the club would pass out if I walked in after all this time! I have not been to the club since Halloween, and I do not remember the last time I was there in the morning.

The weather in Texas is crazy this week. It has been cycling between hot and sunny (in the 80s) to cold and rainy (in the 40s) on alternating days. My body is in shock! Thankfully, I am maintaining a positive attitude and keeping the blues at bay. I invested in a light box last year (as therapy for SAD). That helps. I have also learned to be gentle with myself this time of year and keep stress to a minimum. I spend more time reading, watching movies, and relaxing with friends. I do not pressure myself to be as productive. Blessing my body with more sleep and taking time to rest and recharge is more beneficial. I am content to maintain my weight this month. I enjoy treats in moderation and drink plenty of water. I do not stress over trying to be perfect with my eating. And Cathe’s fun workouts, praise God, just plain make me happy! The December rotation so far has been perfect for me because I need fun and less demanding workouts this month. Pushing myself too hard or going to the opposite extreme and not working out at all can send me sliding down a slippery slope into a pit of depression. I am not in the mood for running today or HSTA leg press hell tomorrow. I have not done a non-Cathe workout in months, so I may pull out a Kari or Christi dancy hi-lo workout this morning.

I had a run-in with miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups and Hershey’s Hugs this week. I lost the fight!

Robin, welcome back! I missed you! I totally understand the need to take a forum break, but you are welcome here even when you are in a funk. I suggest buying one of those step mats to use in place of your step while your knee recovers. It is supposed to absorb shock. You can also try the step platform with no risers. I get a great workout this way.

Michelle, I love the cute hairstyle! As always, your warm smile lights up your avatar! If you want some cold and rainy weather, I will gladly give you mine. If it has to be this cold, I wish it would snow so I have something pretty to see!

Allison, take care of that knee so you can bounce around with Cathe for years to come!

Gin, do a few leg presses for me! High Step Training is not a personal favorite. High Step Challenge is way more fun for me with better music too.

Vicki, you need to take a road trip to Texas. This place makes the pace in Atlanta feel frantic! I am with Tess. Southern girls prefer a more leisurely lifestyle. I get stressed out just reading about your whirlwind schedule. I have never visited New York and would love to plan a trip as a reward when I reach my goal weight. Will you be my tour guide?

Carolyn, I have been crazy busy and super stressed at work too. I hope your schedule settles down soon.

Lara, Cardio Kicks is fun! It is more of a hi-lo workout with a kickboxing flavor. Cathe did some Cardio Kicks moves during the Road Trip. Give it a whirl!

Laura, I hope you have fun in California. I am so sad that we did not get together while you were in Texas. I cannot believe it is time for you to leave already.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Goodmorning Heather and all who follow.

Hather, I wonder if chocolate has a plan to take over the world? I, too, have been losing the battle. My particular enemy is Hersheys dark chocolate truffles and Nestles caramel treasures.

I was pooped when I got home from the grocery store last night and used that as an excuse to not lift. There is a big snow storm predicted here today and everyone and their brother was at the store last night. If I can get home from work safely, I'm ready to weather the storm with plenty of bread and soy milk. LOL.

Have a wonderful day all. Is anyone else in the track of today's storm? Vickie? Allison? And Saturday a Noreaster is predicted to dump another half foot. Oh the weather outside is frightful....

Good morning,

Nice to "see" you Heather! I hope everyone is doing well. Michelle--I absolutely LOVE your "good morning" sign with the kitty! How cute!

I'm not in the best mood today. My SO went out last night to have "a few beers" with a coworker around 6:30 and decided to waltz in the house at 12:30am...he shouldn't have driven home. I'm livid. He was still asleep this morning when I left for work. I didn't even say goodbye. x(

Anyhoo, we have quite the snow storm on tap for today. Here in Northwest CT we're expected to get between 8-12 inches, with the snow starting around 10am. Almost every school in the state closed for the day even though the snow hasn't started yet. I'm here at work but don't plan on staying long if it gets bad. I don't have four wheel drive and two weeks ago when it iced I couldn't get up my road. Never mind my driveway--MY ROAD! I ended up sliding into the driveway of a house that's being built and walked home. It sucked. I don't plan on letting that happen again today.

Last night I managed to get in 4DS Kickbox and abs, high intensity drills from KPC plus abs and HIS (step only). I haven't had a cardio sweatfest like that in a long time! Today I hope to do some lifting. My behind is s.o.r.e from all that kickboxing! I hate kickboxing and never do it, so when I do, I'm always feeling it the next day!

Robin--I totally understand your need to chill out after going grocery shopping last night. Grocery shopping is a workout in itself normally but this time of year it's even worse! All those people stocking up on milk and batteries at the mere mention of a dusting of snow. x( Ugh. So annoying. I went grocery shopping last night too and was ready to scream at all the morons in that store.

Ok, I have to do some work. Hope you all have a great day!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today was HSTA. It sounds as if not many like this one. I didn't mind it all of the leg presses. I knew they were coming. The workout moves quickly and kept my HR up the entire time.

We have our Christmas program at school today....Fun!

Heather--I hear you with the chocolate. m&ms...yum-o! I thought I heard you say that you were going to start running. What happened with that? You just have to wear the right warm gear to get out there in the 30 degree weather!}( We have had some crazy weather here!

Robin--Good Morning!!

Michelle--Love all of your fancy pictures. Wish I knew how to do those. What is wrong with CK??;-) You are messing with the rotation!!;-)

Allison--I usually am upper body sore from kickboxing.

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Gin, I am only messing with the workouts I don't have.;)

Allison, I am SOOOOOO proud of you for doing all that kickboxing!!You go girl!!;) :+ :7

ETA: I WANT SNOW!!!!!<stomp,stomp,stomp> <~~my sad attempt at throwing a childish fit:p

Good Morning!!

Michelle, you want snow??? Come on up to New York girl!!! You will get it! We started at about 8:30 a.M. and we already have about 2 inches. We are expected to get up to 12 by tonight. I have all 4 guys out there shoveling as we speak. DH will probably get stuck at work tonight so I have only DS's to shovel, we have a plow but... of course it's not set up on the tractor yet for the season. Why would it be, I mean, it's only December for goodness sakes!! LOL!

Robin and Allison: how are you with supplies? I think we should be okay, I usually bake with the boys when it snows, so that's probably on the agenda. I didn't go to the store last night because I was at rehearsal, so we have to make do with whatever is in the house. I'm pretty sure we won't starve! I always crack up at people in the grocery store before a storm. It's like they will never see another loaf of bread or gallon of milk for the rest of their lives!! Too funny!

Heather: I would absolutely be your tour guide when you come to New York. Oh, fun, fun fun! Get ready to kick it up a notch Miss Southern girl!!

Gin: Not to worry about me... I always seem to make it through the madness. But you are so sweet!!!

Tess: Where are you?? Oh, BTW, Brendan was told yesterday that at the next jazz band concert at school they are doing "Stairway to Heaven" and he is getting a solo!! It's in the spring... Cool, huh?? ( Did you all know that Tess is a huge Zeppelin Fan??? Tehe)

Carolyn: I can only say the same to you that everyone said to me... try and relax. I know how stressed you must feel since I am in the same boat, but try and take it one thing at a time. Yea, I know, I know, but do as I say not as I do. Yup, that's my motto!!

So, we are supposed to open tonight for Nutcracker, but I doubt that will happen. Too bad, we have been rehearsing for so long and all those kids have worked so hard. Then we have 4 more shows over the weekend, and we are supposed to get that big NorEaster. Oh well, we can't control the weather. But still, it's alot of work to have it cancelled, and we sell out most of our shows. Maybe they can do them next weekend. we'll see, of course that will send me into "Lock me up and put me in the nut house" mode, but, ya know, oh well.

Okay, off to workout. I am planning to do UB from BM2, then I think KB from 4ds. I absolutley LOVE that KB workout. It flies by!!

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Hello ladies! No snow here, just nasty freezing rain. :p

Did Push Pull last night for the first time. Man, am I feeling it in the inner thighs from those squeezes on the ball! Ouchie! The night before that I did Kick, Punch, & Crunch. I plan on doing at least half of Drill Max tonight. I'm on a roll for once, so I'm afraid to take a break! Hope everyone is doing well!!! Gotta run and brave the icy streets now. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.