PYGFO Check-in for February 3-9, 2008

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
PYGFO Sisters:

I started a weekly check-in for us since we are a smaller group now.

Consistency is rewarding me with results. I lost 12 pounds in January and inches everywhere. My waist is 2 inches smaller, my abdomen is 2 inches smaller, my hips are 2 inches smaller, and my thighs are each an inch smaller. After dropping 4 pounds the first week, I have been consistently losing 2 pounds every week. I am amazed because my weight loss has always been sporadic in the past and never predictable like this. The 4-Day Split is my series!

This is my rest day, so I am off to enjoy the stability ball segment of Stretch Max before church.

Robin, I am keep you in my prayers. I am glad to know that you are not in pain.

Carolyn and Tess, have fun today.

Gin, we need to plan something fun for the spring.

Michelle, I miss your morning check-ins with your cute images.

Hugs to Liann, Lara, and Laura.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning:)

Heather, great idea on having a weekly check-in, I think I like that better. Congratulations on the weight loss!

Today in addition to my cardio workout I'm going to the arcade to play Pump It Up- It's like DDR except harder}( My oldest son has played this for years and just recently got me to try it, now I am hooked. I even ordered an xbox version so I can play it at home.

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

I have a Cathe accomplishment to celebrate! I discovered the joy of Step Blast. I finally understand why people love this one. I never bonded with this workout before for some reason, and the third combination was always a big challenge for me. After mastering Higher Intensity Step, I sailed through Step Blast Friday morning without a hitch (but with a few hitch kicks). Yippee! I had a mental block about the third combination, so I am excited to share that I have finally mastered it. I feel so accomplished!

Michelle, thanks for checking in today! Tess suggested a weekly format last month, and I decided to run with it.

These were my workouts this past week:

01-28-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
01-28-08 p.m. water aerobics class/water jogging

01-29-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox (cardio) + Gym Style Legs (standing legs and stretch) + Core Max (first segment)

01-30-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio, shoulders, and stretch)
01-30-08 p.m. Biggest Loser Challenge (team training with Laurie)

01-31-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

02-01-08 a.m. Step Blast

02-02-08 a.m. Kick Max (boot camp challenge premix) + Core Max (complete core premix)

02-03-08 a.m. Stretch Max (stability ball segment)

My goal for the new week is to keep pressing on and keep increasing my weights with PlateMates.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PYGFO Check-in

Hello.

I just got back from watching the Super Bowl. What a game!! I am so glad the Giants won! Today was DM for me. I am not looking forward to my long work day tomorrow. It is hard to go back since I have been off for 4 days (2 b/c of snow). It has been nice to just be lazy (and to workout).

Heather...Congrats on your inches/weight loss!! It sounds like you are having fun while you are melting all of those pounds away!! I wish you continued success. I remember the 3rd combo of SB was so frustrating to learn. I enjoy that segment more than any of the others in that workout now that I have it down!

Michelle...I have never played that game before. It sounds like lots of fun! We are still trying to find a Wii. It will be a late Christmas present for DH when we can find one in stock.

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I did PS CST and walked 3 miles.

Heather--Great idea to have just a weekly thread. Thank you! I am going ot the health food store to buy some cranberry juice after school today so that I can start making your concoction. Sounds good.

Michelle--We have a "jump house" place here in town called Pump It Up. I hear the kids talk about it.

Lara--I have been off for 3 days and am going back today. I think I am ready. How is the weather there? It is different every moment here. This morning it was 70 degress!!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi PYGFO pals. Gosh, I thought being home all day, I'd have more computer time, but it hasn't been that way. More knitting time though.

Heather, way to go on your weight and inches!!! And you can't know how much your prayers mean. I'm sure all the prayers said on my behalf is why my knee is doing so well. Step Blast is one of my favorites. I may make it my first step workout when the doctor gives the green light.

Carolyn and Tess, how was the GTG?

Gin, I agree. A weekly thread is more doable for me too.

Michelle, what is Pump it up?

Lara, we enjoyed the game too.

I'm trying to do a short one-upper-body-part-a-day workout, along with my knee exercises. I started with my chest today.

Hi everyone. All is going good here. This morning's workout was the BFL upper body routine from the book. I'm going to give the BFL workouts a 4 week try to see what I think. I like the time efficiency of them. Was done very quickly this morning. I don't think I'm going to do the cardio the way he says though, because I am enjoying running too much. Yesterday was my first 25 minute run. I did pretty well overall. I did have to break and walk 2 minutes because my HR was going crazy, but after I caught my breath and got back into it, I felt really good. Running definitely releases endorphins for me.

Robin - we ended up cancelling the GTG yesterday. :( DH wanted to spend the afternoon doing home improvements and they took longer than I thought they would. Then Lorie cancelled to so we decided we would postpone it.

Michelle - that pump it up game sounds cool. I'm thinking I might want to get a wii or xbox or something I can play these types of games on. I don't know any details about coming to Raleigh yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do!

Heather - thanks for starting the thread and WTG on the weight loss!

Gin - I bought some cranberry juice over the weekend and tried Heather's cocktail and I do feel a lot less bloat.

Hello to Carolyn, Vicki, Laura, Lara and anyone who stops by later!

Hey girls.

Just been reading the threads since I was last on on Wednesday. Surgeries, snow days, Chuck Wagon parties, haircuts . . . busy ladies!

Hello to all. Wish I had time for personals.

Today was a killer legs and chest workout at the gym. Tomorrow is a rest day, and then Wednesday I'll do my own kind of circuit using the machines.

Eating has been really great, too. I'm expecting my body to realize what's going on pretty soon and start dropping a few excess pounds I've built up in the last couple months. :)

I must be off now. Bye.

Laura

Hello.

I was unable to workout today. I picked up an extra long work day this week and won't be able to take a nap (or workout) until Thursday. Maybe I can squeeze one workout in there somewhere! I really am tired today though.

Gin...the weather here is crazy!! It was over 70 here today and just a few days ago we were out for snow. It is suppose to pour tomorrow and then turn cold again on Wednesday. You just never know what to expect. I was ready to go back to see my kids, but not for the long work day:) My kids were really good today, so I can't complain too much.

Robin...I hope your workout went well. I know, that game was so much fun!! I couldn't sleep last night b/c I was SO excited!! OR, maybe it was because of all the unhealthy Super Bowl food I ate last night. I don't think the baby liked it!!

Tess...I have wanted to try that Cranberry cocktail since I saw Heather's post, but I haven't made it to the store yet. I hope it gets rid of baby bloat too!! Sorry you had to postpone your GTG.

Laura...It sounds like you had a great workout! I miss my gym workouts sometimes. DH and I joined a gym together, but we still workout separately. He goes to his old gym and I workout at home. I guess we need to start going to our new gym or cancel the membership. We just haven't coordinated our workout schedules yet!

I hope you all have a great Super Tuesday!!

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I did Step Works. Not my favorite ( I got it in a trade) but it was good.
I bought the cranberry juice concentrate and have had it 2 days now. Wow. Pucker up!:eek:

Robin--What are you knitting? I love to needlepoint! Hope you inching your way closer and closer to being able to do SB!

Tess--Anymore crazy Chuck Norris dreams lately? Is the BFL w'o similiar to the Pyramids? Glad you enjoy running. It is fun!

Laura--Where are you now? Great to see that you are still with us!

Lara--Our weather sounds alike, except no snow here. Yesterday it was up to 70's. We need the a/c on and today rain. Down to 30's again tomorrow!

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. This morning I barely had any energy but I managed to squeak out 2 15 minute jogging intervals on the treadmill. I'll confess that DH and I are doing a low carb diet and my energy has been way down. I'm not really telling anyone about it because I know I'll get a lot of "advice" from people about it. I'm really just doing it for DH because he has a lot of weight to lose and this is what has worked for him in the past. I have lost 3 lbs so I'm not complaining. I used to eat this way for years and was able to maintain a very healthy body weight, but packed it on again when I went to more traditional WOE. OK enough about that.

Laura - glad to see you checking in here! We miss ya. When do you go back to Uganda? I thought about you this morning because I was looking at the Cathe calendar and there is a RT pic on Feb. that says people as far away as Uganda came!

Lara - we are having crazy weather here too. It's hard to believe it's Feb. Yesterday I saw a guy outside running in a short sleeve shirt and shorts. It's moderate here but Feb is supposed to be COLD.

Gin - no more Chuck Norris dreams lately LOL. Yes the cranberry juice cocktail is quite tart isn't it. I put a little stevia in it to make it sweeter.

Michelle - the game looks like fun!

Talk to everyone later.

T

Oh Gin - yes BFL workouts are similar to the pyramids, kind of. The rep / sets are a little different. It basically goes like this for each body part.

2 up / 1 down count, one minute rest between sets:

12 reps light weight
10 reps medium weight
8 reps heavier weight
6 reps heaviest weight

2 up / 1 down count, no rest between sets:

12 reps moderate weight
12 reps moderate weight of a different exercise for same body part

Hi Everyone,

I have been fighting a cold since last Thursday and it finally won over the weekend. I still can;t seem to shake it.

Yesterday was GS Legs and I am feeling the DOMS today. It has been several weeks since I did this workout and I forgot how good it is.
Today I did Body Max 2 Cardio only, not the power circuits. I was so congested when I finished I wanted to die!

We are planning a ski trip this weekend to NC so I hope to be feeling better by then.

Have a great day!

Carolyn

Hello.

I only have one more late work night to go!! I can't wait until Thursday when I get off work at a decent hour!! I need a nap!!

Gin and Tess...I wish the warmer weather would have stayed a little longer. It was warm until around 6 tonight and now we have a chance for snow overnight (without any accumulation).

Hello Michelle and Carolyn!!

Did anyone celebrate Fat Tuesday?

I am going to try to go to bed earlier tonight, so I am going to turn off my computer now. Have a great Wednesday!!

Hi all.

Carolyn, I hope you don't have whatever bug my DH had. He was really sick and still has a nasty cough.

Michelle, I couldn't get the youtube to play?!?! Looks like it's a kind of whole body simon game?

Gin, I'm finishing a sweater I started for a friend 4 years ago. She went to Thailand where it is 100F, so I procratinated until she moved back home.

Laura, glad to see you checking in.

Lara, no fat tuesday here. I'm trying very hard not to put on any weight during my forced rest.

I've been doing my knee exercises twice a day, along with some ab work while I'm on the floor. Yesterday I did GS shoulders and plan on doing GS back today. I've also been climbing on the stationary bike for an easy 5 minute pedal. Everyday my knee feels better and I can stretch a bit farther.

Hi Robin.

I am glad your knee is feeling better and that you are gaining range of motion. You are an ideal patient!! I didn't celebrate Fat Tuesday either. I did eat one piece of King cake though. Someone at work at made it, and it was the best King's cake I have ever eaten!!

I hope everyone had a good day. I am looking forward to a nap and a long workout tomorrow!!

Hi gals! Sorry I have been awol. I was all geared up for the February rotation and then I started not feeling good again. The cough came back and I've been wiped out in the evenings. I think some of it may be stress related because I have had a lot of crap going on at work. I have been keeping up with my yoga though and it is keeping me from turning into a total blob. I really like that kundalini stuff even though it is a little "twilight zone". It's keeping my arms and core in shape.

I hope you are all doing well! I'm in the middle of a minor crisis at work, so I'm going to have to run, but I will try to come back for personals.

p.s. Has anyone heard from Vicki at all lately?

Hello.

Liann...sorry you are not feeling well again. I really want to start getting back into yoga. I used to do it all the time when we had a really good instructor at my gym. When she left, the replacement was just not the same. We have a really good yoga studio here, but it is really expensive!! I need to check and see if they offer any prenatal classes. I think I would enjoy those. I hope you feel better soon!!

I actually got to work out today!! I did a LIC cardio mish mosh. I feel very tired right now. I guess I should try to finish my work so I can go to bed. Have a great day.

Good Afternoon PYGFOers!

Today I did PS Back and Biceps, C&W abs, and ran 3 miles. I made up my own rotation this month of workouts I don't do very often.
We had Pajama/Pizza/popsicle Party at school today in honor of Letter P week. Does anyone else get to wear their pj's to work??;-)
Wonder when/if Cathe will announce the next RT???

Michelle--I looked at the Pump It Up...fun! My ds (19 then) was playing Guitar Hero last year and was quite good. Do your kids play that?

Tess--Low carb diet? I'd have zero energy! Are you able to run eating low carbs?

Carolyn--Hope you are feeling well enough to go skiing.

Lara--One of the mom's at school gave me a King cake. Sweet of her, but I had to pass it on. Shhhh!;-) I prefer a live yoga class to a dvd.

Robin--How is the sweater coming along? Sounds like your recovery is going well.

Liann--I think that Tess talks to Vicki some. Maybe she has heard from her. Sorry about stuff at work.:-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.