PYGFO Check-in for February 24-29, 2008

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
PYGFO Sisters:

Good morning! I have been stuck in the mud and stalled out with my weight loss for 3 weeks. I started struggling and doubting the first night I weighed in for my Biggest Loser challenge and saw a “zero” loss after a stressful day at work. I resisted chocolate for that! We were weighing at the gym that night instead of the church. The scale could have been different but still. I let that number mess with my mind. Oh, this is such a mind game! Thankfully, my eating has been good since I started this challenge on New Year’s Eve. I have not even tasted a drop of sweet tea! Even my planned treats on my free days are relatively good like organic whole wheat burritos and organic chocolate. I went through a stressful time at work and battled sleepless nights and fatigue. I kept pressing on when everything in me wanted to give up and throw in the towel. I am so glad! Other than my workouts, I gave myself permission to rest and relax this weekend. I am also enjoying a few free days with my eating (without getting out of control). Today is my rest day, and I am ready to hit the ground running in the morning. I am hoping that my body will start giving up the weight when I return to my fitness and nutrition game plan after a weekend of relaxation and planned splurges (with no junk ingredients).

I confess that I have been coasting spiritually too. I have been spiritually lazy and not spending quality time in Bible study. I need a quiet time every morning. I need spiritual food and exercise. I am learning that this is primarily a mental and spiritual battle for me. When I start focusing on my body, weight, and food more than my spirit, I am on a slippery slope. All this to say, my game plan is great for fitness and nutrition. I need to start getting to bed earlier so I can wake up in time for a quiet time. I have made the mistake of putting my game face on physically this month without putting my spiritual armor on. And I am losing battles in my mind every day! The mind is the battlefield. I believe that with all my heart. That is why it is so important for me to speak and believe affirmations of faith. I make progress and positive changes in every area of my life when I believe I can! All things are possible for those who believe!

I am off to enjoy the stability ball segment of Stretch Max before church.

Michelle, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you like your new workouts.

Gin, I will be in touch with you soon. I am praying for all the wedding preparations.

Lara, I hope you and your little one are well. Hugs and prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy. You will be beautiful every step of the way, so embrace that belly! I love Kari Anderson’s dancy hi-lo workouts. DanceWorks is my favorite non-Cathe workout. I have her Angles, Lines, and Curves too. Do you like Reach?

Laura, welcome back! I have missed you. I pray that you are feeling better.

Liann, I am keeping you in my prayers too and hope you are staying warm and feeling better. The new “baby” is precious. My favorite “glamour shot” is the one with the little pillow or bean bag.

Robin, I am praying for you and your knee too. I hope you continue to recover so you can return to your favorite workouts.

Tess, I am keeping you and Pookie in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers for Carolyn and Vicki too. I miss y’all.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Afternoon PYGFOers!

Today I did 4ds HIS/Ch&B. This week will be all 4ds. Such fun workouts!! I love it!:)
A group of my sweet friends hosted an engagement party for my ds and his precious fiance last night. I think I had 5 hours of sleep. :p I would like to watch some of the Oscars, but may have trouble staying awake!

Heather--It sounds as if you have been so disciplined in your eating and fitness. Please do not beat yourself up over the # on the scale. You are living healthy and doing what is good for you body! Many thanks for your sweet prayers concerning ds's wedding. It is getting closer!:)

Lara and Liann--Take care. Hope you both are feeling better.

Robin--Sending healing vibes concerning your knee.:)

Hi to Tess, Michelle, Laura, Carolyn and Vicki and any others I missed.

Gin:)

Hello.

I seem to be taking a turn for the worse. I have felt horrible. I am not sure if it is leftover from the flu, or if it is my allergies. I got up this morning wanting to do cardio. I did PUB instead. I just couldn't have handled jumping around today. I am so ready to feel better!!
I have been very sad the last few days. One of my friends gave birth to twins and one of them passed away at 2 days old. The other boy was flown to Children's hospital because he has a hole in his heart. I am just sad beyond words. I can't even imagine the pain the parents must be feeling. I saw her a few days before she delivered and everything seemed fine. I just don't know what went wrong. I will be gong to the graveside service tomorrow, but I can't say that I am looking forward to it :(

Heather...I agree with Gin. It sounds like you are treating your body very well. I do like Reach. I think it is good for days when you are not up for a hardcore workout. My obliques are always sore after I do it! I also have Hot Steps (I think is the name). I haven't done it in awhile, but it is very dancey and fun. Thank you, I will embrace my belly (when I have one). It is a hard concept for me. I have always been petite, so the thought of gaining 25-35 pounds is scary for me. I just keep telling myself that Cathe and crew will be there for me afterwards. I really think STS will help!!

Gin...That is so nice of your friends to host an engagement party. I bet you all had a wonderful time! My mom and I went and picked out the bridesmaids dresses for my sister's wedding yesterday. It is hard to find bridesmaid dresses that don't feel "bridesmaidy"!!! We are happy with what we ended up finding though. Have you found your mother-of-the-groom dress yet?

Robin...I am glad you are able to workout more on your knee. I hope it continues to get stronger.

I am off to watch the Oscar's now. Have a great Monday.

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

This is another quick check-in to report my workouts for the eighth week of this challenge:

02-18-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
02-18-08 p.m. water aerobics class

02-19-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox (cardio) + Gym Style Legs (standing legs and stretch) + Core Max (first segment)

02-20-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio, shoulders, and stretch)
02-20-08 p.m. Biggest Loser Challenge (team training with Laurie)

02-21-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

02-22-08 a.m. IMAX3

02-23-08 a.m. Kick Max (boot camp challenge premix) + Core Max (complete core premix)

02-24-08 a.m. Stretch Max (stability ball segment)

I had a major setback this afternoon, and I may need to go in a different direction now to allow my body to recover. I am too tired to think tonight and will decide in the morning after my quiet time. See my thread in Open Discussion for details. Food allergies are hell. Weeks of hard work can go down the toilet with a few careless bites. I know in my head that I did not eat enough calories to gain 12 pounds in one day, but it is still frustrating to see. Not to mention, my feet cannot discern the difference between fat and water bloat. They are just tired of hauling around this weight.

Gin, have fun with the 4-Day Split this week!

Lara, I am keeping you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PYGFO Check-in

Hello ladies! Well, I am finally feeling better - thank goodness! I plan to do the March rotation and hope that will get me back into the swing of things.

Lara - What a sad funeral! :( I can't even imagine.

Gin - I still haven't cracked over the 4DS!!! I really need to pull that out.

Heather - I hope you are feeling better sweetie! I'm sending you tons of hugs! You are in my prayers too.

Hello to any of you other PYGFO lurkers - Vicki, Tess, Robin, Laura, Allison, etc.... ;)

Heather, You are always in my prayers. Stay strong. Pray without ceasing. In all things give thanks. You have been doing so well. You always amaze me, too. Whenever you have a set back, you come back stronger and more dedicated than before.

Gin, I must have missed the engagment announcemnt. Congratulations. Sounds like you are very happy with the couple.

Lara, oh, how sad. It reminds me of how hard it is on Vicki, when the anniversary of her own son's death rolls around. I'll be thinking about your friend. And you. Something like this is so hard to deal with when you are expecting yourself.

I was doing so well with my knee, but I seem to have hit my own personal plateau. I did 4DS LIS on a 6 inch step yesterday and it felt fine, but my knee was swollen and sore last night. It's not much better today. I'm supposed to go back to work Saturday. I'm half afraid of what the doctor will say when I see him Friday. Maybe he'll give me the good news that I need to take another week off.

Hi to you other PYGFO sisters out there.Thanks for letting me moan.

Good Afternoon PYGFOers!

I am continuing to do 4ds all this week and loving it!:)

Lara--I am so sorry about your friend's baby. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I hope you are feeling better. There is so much going around! When is your sister's wedding? Yes, I did find a MOG dress and it wasn't easy. Ther are a lot of ugly ones out there. The MOB decided on short dresses, so I bought a dark purple silk/linen suit.

Heather--(((((HUGS to you!))))) How are you feeling now? Hopefully things are improving for you.

Liann--You need to get busy and crack open that 4ds box. It is too much fun and you are missing out!:)

I read Tess's post about selling her other Cathe's on yaya swap in order to buy STS. I took a peek at what she was selling...4ds, GS LowMax and others. I am so upset for her. This is really bothering me.:-(

Gin

ETA: Robin--I guess we were posting at the same time. I love the faith that you have!!:) :) :) Praying that your knee will heal soon. My ds became engaged on Sunday of the RT. I knew he was going to ask her then. What an emotional day for me that was. The ending of the RT and then talking to them on the phone about the engagement!

Hello everyone.

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts about my DFs. I know they need a lot of support and prayer right now. The funeral was truly sad. All of them are, but it just doesn't seem right to have to bury your baby boy. Not to mention they have to stay strong and focus on their other son's health.
I am afraid I am going to have to go back to the doctor:( I just keep getting worse. I really want to get healthy so I will be able to workout for the baby (and me!!).

Liann...I am so glad you are finally feeling better!! I agree with Gin--crack that DVD open and get to work!! You will love it!! Congrats BTW for reaching 2000 posts! I don't know if I will ever get there.

Robin...I am sending healing vibes your way!! I am gald you were able to do step on 6 inches without pain!! Now that knee just needs to cooperate and get better. My DH said his knee was a little painful and swollen when he first returned to running. He hasn't complained lately, so I am taking it is a good sign that he is healed. I am so happy for Greyor!! WTG on achieving such a wonderful task. Yes, I am a little more nervous now about having a healthy baby. Especially b/c I have had to take some medicine (that was considered safe by my OB). I really didn't and still don't want to take anything except for my prenatals.

Gin...Your suit sounds beautiful!! My mom is not having much luck right now. I know she is stressed out about it. My sister's wedding is July 26th. I will be a full 8 months pregnant!! We had to order 4 sizes up for my dress to account for my belly. It is hard to know exactly what size I will need, especially b/c I am not showing yet. I guess it is smarter to order bigger so it can be taken in. They also ordered an extra yard of material to add to the trunk area.

I am off to bed now. I am hoping to sleep better tonight!!

Lara, get to a doctor! Please don't wait, if only for your peace of mind. I'm LOL at the picture of you in a bridesmaid dress and 8 months pregnant. I hope you have a good seamstress to fit your dress. I'm relieved to hear your DH has the same symptoms as me when he started running again. I'm afraid of overdoing, but if I don't start "doing" soon, I'll go crazy. Other than bike workouts, I haven't gotten sweaty since Nov.

Gin, belated congratulations then! How exciting. I can only dream of that day coming for my DD. Her SO leaves for Afghanistan on Friday. We expect him to be gone at least 8 months. They have talked about marriage, but nothing official. Of course, he still has college when he comes home. I have a feeling DD and DGS will be living with us for YEARS. I know what you mean about Tess selling her DVDs. My goal is to someday own all of Cathe's. They would be the last I'd get rid of.

I'm still going to take it a little easy today and just do the bicep/tricep work from 4DS.

Hi everyone! I am here. Sorry I've been such a bum about checking in lately. I went to my parents weekend before last and got really sick with the flu so I didn't work out all last week or this past weekend. I did get up Monday and did a workout and I'm still sore. Ugghh. I guess you all read about Pookie. We brought him home last night and he is doing OK. I felt bad leaving him this morning but I think he'll be fine. He's on a special diet and I have to change his litter to the dust free kind. He didn't have any crystals or stones, just a bad infection. Poor thing.

Lara - I agree you need to go to the Dr. I really hope you start feeling better soon. You are going to be beautiful in that bridesmaid's dress. :)

Robin - are you thinking of starting to run again? Just ease into it. I can point you to the couch to 5k podcasts if you want to try them. I read your post on your DGS. I am so glad that he is making progress.

Gin - Aww, I think you are more upset than I am. Don't worry, I will get them back over time when the cash flow situation gets better. I just don't want to "miss the boat" on the presale prices so this is how I have to make it work for now. You are so sweet to be upset for me. The engagement party sounds great.

Heather - All I can tell you is just keep pushing through. You have the right formula for success. If you can keep finding out through trial and error what works for you and keep at it, you will reach your goals.

Hello to Liann, Laura and Michelle!

Tess

Hello.

I did not work today. Yesterday about did me in. I did make it to the doctor. I have lots of fluid in my ears and head, but he doesn't think I am infected. No wonder my head is pounding all the time!! They are pretty limited in what they can prescribe me, but he gave me a new antihistamine to try. I hope it works!!

Robin...I definitely did not think I would be 8 months pregnant at my sister's wedding!! I dread the pictures, but I guess it will be neat to look back with my DS or DD and say..look you were in my tummy!! I am going to trust the seamstress at the store where we bought the dress. They won't be in until June, so at least we will have a better idea of how big I will be!! I know it must be difficult for you to have to take it easy. I have been sick for 2 weeks, and I am just aching to break a sweat!! Your right though, don't overdo it!! I hope you enjoyed your bi/tri workout.

Tess...Thanks!! Now I just have to stay healthy so my doctor will let me travel to the wedding at 35 1/2 weeks. I hear the cutoff is 36 weeks to travel. Sorry you have been sick also. I did manage PUB on Sunday, and this is the first day I was not sore! How did Pookie do today? I am glad he is home with you. I hope he continues to get better!

I am going to give work a try tomorrow. I took my Tylenol PM an hour ago, and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. Maybe that means I will sleep!! Have a great Thursday!! The weekend is almost here:)

Hello.

Lara--so sorry about your friend's baby; we have dear friends whose son was born, not with a hole in his heart, but with a dual heartbeat; it was scary, and his whole first year of life was totally stressful. I know that they are dealing with both loss and anxiety. I'm sorry for your grief as well as you mourn with them.

Gin--congratulations--party sounds fun

Robin--glad the knee is healing--hope you continue past the current plateau

Heather--hope you get off your weight loss plateau, as well--you sound like you have a good game plan

Hello also to Liann, Michelle, Tess, Allison, Vicki et al.

I'm on my own little plateau. I haven't been losing weight at all. I know, I know. The scale is not the judge. I'm just surprised that after 5 weeks of great eating and good solid workouts that I haven't seen more results.

I do have really nicely defined arms once again, but I was hoping for more improvement lower down!! ;)

Anyway, we're still working out together at the gym and loving it.

Also, hubby has read all the STS stuff and said, "Pre-order it!" So, I'm going to. :) He actually said he'd do it with me. He's great. Yes, this is the same guy that sent me on the road trip. I love him.

Well, back to work. See you girls.

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

This has been a wild week. You can read about my food allergy crisis in Open Discussion. I gracefully bowed out of the 12-week challenge this week. This was an unplanned recovery week for me. I am not sure what my game plan is for workouts in March other than fun, fun, fun. I will likely focus on cardio and circuit training. My meeting with the clinical nutritionist was a blessing and answer to prayer. After years of searching, finally someone has some answers for me.

The next 3-4 weeks will be challenging. It is a good thing this is during Lent so I can think of this as a fast. Seafood, mushrooms, MSG, and soy are gone for good. There are other foods I need to “fast” for a few weeks to see if they are triggers and to give my body a fighting chance to recover and heal from this latest reaction. My protein intake will be very low for a few weeks, so heavy weight training is on hold for a month or so. I will miss the 4-Day Split, but I love Cathe’s cardio and circuit workouts too.

I am still itching like crazy and struggling to breathe, but I can knock myself out with Benadryl now that the weekend has arrived. It is time for an Aveeno oatmeal bath too to relieve this itching.

The UPS man delivered my slanted risers and extra standard risers for STS today!

Liann, welcome back to the check-in! I laughed out loud when I read that you still have not cracked “over” the 4-Day Split.

Robin, thank you for the prayers and encouragement.

Gin, I am hoping to feel better after a restful weekend and plenty of fresh fruit and water to flush this stuff out of my system.

Lara, I am so sorry about your friend’s loss. I hope you are feeling better. I am keeping everyone in my prayers. Pregnant women are beautiful, so you will be radiant for your sister’s wedding.

Tess, I am excited that you ordered STS. I am sorry that you had to sell your other DVDs to buy it, but those will be easier to buy back later than STS! I am glad to see you checking in again and glad to know that Pookie is okay.

Laura, it is good to see you again too. Keep pressing on through that stubborn plateau. I am glad your husband ordered gave you the green light for STS.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.