Put Your PYGFO Post Here - Monday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Hey, hey, hey game-facers. How's Monday morning going. I'm doing the happy dance because I have tomorrow off and no plans outside of dusting, vacuuming, laundry, working out and making a peach pie. Hmmmm, maybe I have more plans than I thought.

Vicki, you rock and roll Mamaqueen, how was your concert?

Liann, can you move your arms to post after your GS Megamash?

Gin, good luck going back to work today!

Lara, I'm so glad to hear your party was a success. Now you can relax and get on with the rest of your life. May it be a good one!

Hi to all the rest of youse facers. What's happening?

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I did my usual 3 mile run, but will have to wait to do GS BSB until later. A/C went out (again!) upstairs so DH and I had to sleep downstairs on the sofa bed which is also my workout room and he is still asleep. Thank goodness for more than 1 a/c unit!!:)

Robin--Peach pie? Yum. Was it you that was making another kind of pie last week? Or was that Michelle?

Lara--Glad to hear that you had a good time at the party!

Vicki--Tell us about the concert.

Hi to Michelle and Liann and all others!

It is back to work today for me!
Gin:)

Happy Monday Morning!!

Another one doing a happy dance here today! School has started, DH is at work, and I have the house to myself:7 (well, it's me and the cats)

[font face="papyrus" color=red size=+2]~Happy Birthday Gin~![/font]Hope you have a wonderful day:)

Lara- when you get pictures uploaded we would love to see you in your dress!

Robin- peach pie..mmmmmm, sounds yummy!

bbl,

Good morning ladies!

Robin - My arms are actually feeling ok at the moment. It usually takes longer for me to feel the doms in my arms, so probably around mid-afternoon is when I will start to feel it. ;)

Vicki - How did the concert go? Did you find the perfect outfit??? ;)

Gin - Have fun with GS BSB later! My DH and I were just talking last night about people who get up and run in the morning. We both admitted that it's hard for us to just get up and walk to the car in the morning! ;) I admire your dedication!

Michelle - Sounds like your Monday is off to a good start! :)

Hope everyone is having a good Monday morning! I do not have too much on my agenda today. My DH is working the next few nights, so I am hoping to get some things done around the house while he is gone. It's always easier for me to work without him there!

Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. It seems like all I did yesterday was cook. I made chicken enchiladas verde for our late lunch/dinner yesterday and made a rum cake last night for dessert. 1/2 of it is gone already. :9

Yesterday's workout was drillmax and this morning I did a 50 minute walk with my neighbor. This week PUB/PLB is on tap again but I may do gym styles instead because I'm feeling like I want to do lots of pushups.

Robin - Mmmm peach pie. I'd like to make a peach pie too. You'd think living in Ga. that peaches would be a big thing here. Well, I have yet to see a peach tree except for all the roads named peachtree (I actually work on P'tree) haha. Enjoy your time off.

Gin - you go girl with your 3 mile run! Hope your AC comes back soon. Happy Birthday!!!

Lara - post pics when you get a chance!!

Michelle - I'm sure we'll chat later but enjoy your time to yourself. :) Looks like the flights are still $$$.

Vicki - how was the concert??? Details please. :)

Liann - how are you doing today? What workout is on the agenda?

Tess - I'm thinking something step related. I may pull out one of Cathe's old step tapes and have a 90's flashback workout! ;)

Good Morning!!!

Gin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope your day is amazing since YOU are an amazing woman!! Sending huge {{{HUGS}}} Enjoy that cake!!!!

Robin: I was LOL at your post because my DH said he saw what I wrote yesterday and was like, " check you out, name dropping!" Haha. I told him to zip it and gave him the "Bronx Cheer" ( stuck my tongue out and did that spit thing!)

Liann: Yup, perfect rocker mom outfit. Oh, and they had a vegetarian booth set up at the Arena! The Hummis was out of this world!!

Mona: Yup, Skynyrd is from my generation too. Every song brought back a different memory!!

Michelle: Could you demonstrate that happy dance?? Enjoy your freedom girl!!

Tess: I hope you plan to be cookin' some good stuff when I come to Atlanta... HEHE :p

Okay, I have to go get everyone ready for the day so I'll give you the quick update...

Unfortunatley we didn't get to meet the band x(. My DH's friend was stuck at the gate and couldn't come down to the arena to arrange it. He really tried, and usually doesn't work that post, but just our luck that's what happened. I think the tour bus took off immediately after the concert anyway.

So, the Marshall Tucker Band opened and they were good, but I didn't love them. The lead singer is losing his voice a bit, and they didn't sound as tight as they could have. Still enjoyable though. Lynyrd Skynyrd was amazing!!! OMG, those guys know how to play guitar!!! Holy Smokes. Freebird had me in a frenzy! My 12 year old ( who, BTW, today will be his 27th concert!)told me I am the coolest mom to go to a concert with. Well, that made the whole day for me! We had such a nice time just the two of us, and we totally rocked out!

Today, much to my dismay, I have decided not to go up to see Hootie. My DH and kids will go and my SIL is going in my place. They won't be getting home till 4 or 5 in the morning since it's like a 3&1/2 hour drive and I have to teach at 9:00, and the show is at the NY State fair, so it will be a long day and night. I'm already tired from yesterday. I'm feeling a little guilty right now about it, but I know it's the best decision. There's no way I can teach tomorrow morning on that much sleep. They are all so excited though, because they have passes waiting for them from the band already at the Will call booth for the show and backstage, and the Counting Crows are playing also and they will probably get to meet them after the show as well if they are back there when our Hootie guys come out. Seriously, if you have never been to a Hootie Concert, you should go! They are so incredibly talented and entertaing, and honestly, they are just great guys. They have been really supportive of the boys' music and have been so sweet to us!

So, I guess I'm going to hit Wal Mart ( how's that for name dropping?) and then just relax tonight. I kind of need a day to myself anyway. So, I'll have to just enjoy it!!

Oh, W/O, I think I'm actually just going to go to the track and do a 5 mile walk/jog. That will go along with my alone and relax theme for the day.

Hope you all have a Happy Monday! I'll BBL!

Thank goodness work is quiet today, unlike the weekend.

Michelle, enjoy the peace and quiet! I love days at home with no one around. I can get so much done.

Lara, yeah, pictures please!

Gin, Happy birthday. Hope work wasn't too crazy.

Tess, mmmmmm, rum cake. There is a recipe for a coconut rum cake in the newest Gourmet that I'm dieing to try.

Liann, LOL at doing a flashback workout. I always expect them to be easier, since they are old. No sir, I'm puffing and panting at the end, just like the newest workouts.

Vicki, I'm glad you and your DS enjoyed yourselves, even if you didn't get backstage. Freebird and Sweet Home sure do take me back to my younger days. You relax and enjoy a nice quiet day alone.

So I think I'll be doing Kickbox and Biceps from CTX this afternoon. Hope everyone's day is delightful.

Happy Monday fellow PYGFOers!

This weekend was packed full of cleaning, organizing, and working out the details of how to decorate my new space. I got the new refrigerator ordered, just before the Sears website went down. Hopefully the order will process properly. If not, I'll just have to call. The cabinets are picked out and I'm working on the countertop and paint colors. Even stopped by Home Depot (HA I can name drop too!) and picked up paint chips this morning. If anyone wants to chime in - I'm still deciding on colors. The base walls will be white (at least for now - DH insists). The colors I'm looking at are all Behr - 640D-5 June Berry for the kitchen cabinet base under the counter, 370A-2 Pale Daffodil and 480A-2 Botanical Twist for the wall cabinets over the sink and washer, and 520D-5 Tropical Tide for the exterior trim around the door and bar cutouts. I put them on my picturetrail here: www.picturetrail.com/monalona

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heather and Gin!!!! Sorry I missed you over the weekend - I was busy down by the bay.

Vicki - You make a really good point about old friends not bringing anything to the table. I suffered through Firm Strength this morning, thinking too much equipment, strange sequencing, no fun. Why make myself suffer when I can make more room on my shelf for Cathe and other more advanced (and fun) workouts?

Liann - I like Cathe's old step workouts when I want a good steady state workout. Actually, I just did Step Jam yesterday. Yee Haw hillbilly music and all! :7

Lara - Add me to the list of people who want to see pics when you hav a chance!

HI! to everyone else.

Hello.

Today ended up being a rest day too:( I worked 12 hours and then met my "new" in-laws for my DH's dad's birthday dinner. It wasn't what we had planned. My DH's sister's husband had a heart attack today and they spent most of the day in the hospital. He is going to be fine, but will remain in the hospital for a few more days. We are becoming all too familiar with the ER. One very sad event happened the night before our wedding party. A couple coming to our party was in a bad accident and was hit head-on on the passenger's side. The sweet lady in the passenger's seat has a broken collar bone, broken ribs, punctured lung, broken pelvis, and possible liver damage. It was SO horrible. Her DH was okay with some scratches and bruises. Even with all of her injuries, she is very fortunate to be alive. It always worries me when lots of people I know are on the road. I just feel awful since it wouldn't have happened to them if they wouldn't have been coming to celebrate with us:( We still had a blast at our party, but it was just really unfortunate that it happened.

Robin...Enjoy your day off tomorrow:) Yum...peach pie, now I want pie--I guess wedding cake will have to do.

Gin...I hope you get your a/c fixed soon! If it is as hot there as it is here, I know you desperately need it!! I hope you enjoyed your birthday today!!

Tess...Have fun with all of the 982 push-ups (or something like that) in CT:) You and Robin are making me hungry with all of this talk about food!!

Vicki...I hope you were able to relax and fit in your 5-miler. I am glad you had so much fun at the concert with your DS!!

Mona...Sounds like you have been busy!! I will have to check out your colors. Although, I probably won't be much help since I can't even pick out colors for my own kitchen!! I am getting tired of looking at the white walls and bare floors. I guess I have been a little busy, but it is definitely time to finish this project!

Michelle...I hope you enjoyed your day and the house to yourself. I really love days like that.

I will try to post pictures soon. I am anxious to see them myself. I will let you know when I am able to figure it out:)

Have a great day tomorrow. I am doing the happy dance because I will get off work at 3:00 tomorrow---Cathe, here I come!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.