Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Push It

This is a discussion on Push It within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi everyone Dana Cheryl Raciela Welcome! Raciela Oh my, oh my! You are a champ! I also bow my head ...

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hi everyone

Dana
Cheryl
Raciela

Welcome!

Raciela
Oh my, oh my! You are a champ! I also bow my head to you.
When I worked full-time, 95% of my employee's whom I worked beside, were Phillipino. I'm not kissing butt here, but they were the hardest most loyal employee's in the 15 years I was with the company. I will never forget them, they will always be in my heart. Not only were they hard, dedicated workers, but they were beyond nice. Every week they would bring Pancit for everyone to eat. The food was fantastic!!

Dana
Don't be humiliated. Push-ups are not easy. Everyone has a strength and weakness. I remember when I could not even do 1 off my toes. I thought "how the heck do people do this???". But push-ups are one of those things, the more you do the better you get. Adding weight training to your routine, especially UB will make you stronger. You will do great!

Kara

Your count is amazing! Have you tried doing them with your toddler on your back?? Just kiddin'!

BBL to give you my count. I am doing Jari Love's Slim&Lean today.

Natasha
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Default Good morning!

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. It's a shame I have to miss it by being at work. But at least we have windows to look out of!

I decided on a plan of attack to bump up the push up count. I think I will do dropsets. So....tomorrow I will start with 8. Then a set of 6...then a set of 4...then a set of 2. I think I will only do it 3 times a week.

What do you guys have planned to increase your number?
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Cathlete

Ok, my official count:

23 off my toes (no rest)

As part of my w/o (Slim&Lean) I also did:

3 more off my toes (3 count down/1 count up)
10 on my knee's thereafter (3 count down/1 count up)
2 triceps push-up on toes, 6 triceps push-up on my knee's

This was all done during today's w/o.

If you have never done Jari Love, she is great. Her push-ups, like Cathe's, are very challenging.

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Great job Nat! You are no pushup slouch either!

I had to do this....here is some motivational music!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4onJ7Z2MLI

Last edited by TRSTACIE; 03-01-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Catheite

Today I did

CLX - Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
Weider X-Factor ST - Week #1 - Finished my first week and I love this program!!
5 mile treadmill run

This is the website I'm using for my pushup challenge one hundred push ups
I am starting with week 1, doing them everyday so I started with 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did another 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute then cranked out 10 on my toes. I was able to bring my chest close to the floor - doing X-Factor helped me tremendously with planks and pushups because the instructor keeps "keep your pelvis tucked" and when I remember that they come easier.

...Cheryl
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabAbs View Post
Today I did

CLX - Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
Weider X-Factor ST - Week #1 - Finished my first week and I love this program!!
5 mile treadmill run

This is the website I'm using for my pushup challenge one hundred push ups
I am starting with week 1, doing them everyday so I started with 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did another 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute then cranked out 10 on my toes. I was able to bring my chest close to the floor - doing X-Factor helped me tremendously with planks and pushups because the instructor keeps "keep your pelvis tucked" and when I remember that they come easier.

...Cheryl
Cheryl,

You are my hero! 51 yrs young you say?? More like 25. I am pretty sure you could kick my butt any day, and I'm 33. I love it!!!! I hope to be just like you as I age (gracefully). X-Factor is fascinating. How is the instructor? Does your DH do these with you too? My DH was a total fitness gym buff, but then he got out of the groove. I'm trying to get him to go back, as he seemed happier while lifting weights. We'll see....

Natasha
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Cathlete
heartymax's Profile Fields

I would love to join the push it check in. I am 43 years old, married and have two boys. I have been doing Cathe for 10 years and did the Firm for 4 years prior to that. I never thought I would be able to do pushups on my toes. Like FabAbs I did the 100 pushup six week challenge. I couldn't do it. However while doing my first round of STS last year I did all knee push ups in Meso 1 and you that Meso cycle had a ton of pushups but that was a huge accomplishment to do them non my knees. Would you believe by the last week of Meso 2 I decided to try them on my toes and eased out 8 pushups and stopped because I basically scared myself that I had done them LOL! I later started the 6 week challenge again and never was able to do 100 consective but did get up to 35. The sets were toouch do I started modifying and doing four sets of 25 or 5 sets of 20. I kept it up for a while and then stopped and have now lost that strength gain. I am doing STS again and was planning to do the 6 week challenge so this is perfect timing. I did my initial test and did 20. I probably could have squeezed out 3 more but hey I was tired.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Welcome to the group, heartymax!

buneknek & mini-natty - Holy. Moly. NICE job on those push-ups!!!

trstacie - Loved the motivational music! Haha

This morning I added a mini strength session to my normal routine - I did CTX chest in the morning & CTX all-step, including shoulders & abs, this evening.

Goooooo TEAM!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post
Cheryl,

You are my hero! 51 yrs young you say?? More like 25. I am pretty sure you could kick my butt any day, and I'm 33. I love it!!!! I hope to be just like you as I age (gracefully). X-Factor is fascinating. How is the instructor? Does your DH do these with you too? My DH was a total fitness gym buff, but then he got out of the groove. I'm trying to get him to go back, as he seemed happier while lifting weights. We'll see....

Natasha
No Natasha, my husband doesn't do X-Factor - he would never do a DVD - his weights is strictly the Total Gym, no lie, he could be in their commercial, he lost 70 lbs with it. His cardio is either the treadmill, elliptical, nordic trac ski machine or spinning, and his eating is clean.

I forget who the instructor for X-Factor is but he is SO SO motivating, he uses the 30 second, 60 second & 90 second method and the time flies by. The DVDs are around 40 minutes including warm up and cool down. I have a habit of quitting around a 5 second mark with a exercise but not with this program I hold on until the end. Aside from my Cathe DVDs this is without a doubt my best purchase for 2012!!!

...Cheryl
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Cathlete

Good morning everyone

Today's w/o as per the Feb rotation is kickboxing..........but I just got 4DS and I'm excited to try the bootcamp from it (lots of push-ups there)! I have a nice case of UB DOMS from yesterday . Go push-ups go!!!!

Dana
How do you like CTX? I was torn between that one and 4DS. The majority of people seemed to prefer 4DS. I know I will end up getting CTX one day. I love variety.

Welcome to the group heartymax!!!

Have a great day everyone

Natasha