Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Push It

This is a discussion on Push It within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Just to make sure I am on the same page, our initial count will be number of consecutive full push ...

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Catheite

Just to make sure I am on the same page, our initial count will be number of consecutive full push ups on toes, no breaks and no drops to knees. Is that right? I am happy that I can do any. In high-school we had fitness tests and I could do ZERO! How embarrassing
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Susan,

There is a video in the workout manager under Challenges->Cathe's challenges->Push up challenge that talks about the form to use. There's some big numbers on there all ready!

Stacie
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hi everyone

It was so nice to read about your inspirational stories. I feel as though I have something in common with each and every one of you. One thing I think all of us certainly have in common, is making health, fitness & happiness a priority in our lives. So many of my relatives and friends sadly do not. I feel as though sometimes my life and their lives, are totally separate. No one can truly understand (unless they are a Cathe fan, workout video junkie, gym rat or just a fitness buff) what it means to nail Imax3, up their barbell weight, hold a plank pose, do push-ups on their toes or run a 5k, unless they have a love for fitness. I am happy and appreciative that I can share this with you.

I will start my push-ups tomorrow as per my Feb rotation. I have High Reps on tap.......but I don't own it yet. So I am picking a similar style w/o which I believe is Muscle Endurance or Jari Love's Slim&Lean. There are tons of push-ups in both.

Have a good night everyone
fargomom and Jenniferlove like this.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Cathlete
fargomom's Profile Fields

Good luck with the rotation, Natasha!

I did my push-ups .... eeeked out 14 of 'em. Not too shabby. I wish I could say I did 25, but this is not a bad start. I was really wobbling and breathing hard at the end. In fact, I had to go do them in the back bedroom as my 7 y.o. and 4 y.o. were arguing in the family room about who got to set up the "memory" game. I got it done though! So, this is me making fitness a priority, even if it means doing my push-ups where my kids can't distract me. Ha!!
measuredoak and mini-natty like this.

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

You know that noise your heart makes when you work out? It's called applause.

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Ryan
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Hello everyone! Nice to "meet" you all. My name is Dana & I am terrible at push-ups. But I'm committed to changing that & I think this check-in will be a big help. Thanks for starting it!

I usually work out with Cathe or on my elliptical 5-6x/wk. I'm a bit of a cardio junkie & can neglect the strength/weight training components of an exercise program so this challenge will be good for me. This is embarrassing, but maybe public humiliation is what I need...I can do 3 consecutive push-ups on my toes before I collapse. There, I said it.

So fargomom - don't feel so bad. I think your baseline push-up count is awesome!

Looking forward to growing stronger with you all!
Dana
CDPotier and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Cathlete

Nice to meet you, Dana!

You have nothing to be ashamed about! You can do 3 pushups - that's awesome! After I had my 3rd kid, I couldn't even do one pushup. Not ONE. We all start somewhere. I agree, I think this check-in is going to be a great way for us to cheer each other on, one push-up at a time! And we all need to remember the most important thing, this is supposed to be fun!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek

Hi my name is Raciela, I live in California was born & race in the Philippines. I have been married for almost 12 years next Monday. Has 3 girls 8,5 & 2! I work full time as a physical therapist. I'm 35 y/0 & has been working out with Cathe for 4years!
I love Cathes workout & running races ( local races only ). Last time I attempted push up I did 55 but its been a long time, I'm ready to do it though that's why I want to join you guys. I might try it tomorrow we will see!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek

Oh well I just went ahead & do 45 push ups! It was hard but I did it! On my toes & no pause. My 2 oldest girls were counting for me,lol!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

buneknek - Welcome and you are still the woman! 45 is still pretty good.

Dana...don't feel bad about 3! That's more than a lot of people can do! 14 is good too. Well done everyone!

I did my test and only got 9. It's my fault for cheating during STS. I should have been doing them on my toes the entire time. I did punish myself by doing two more sets of 5. Tomorrow I will try again since I can still feel the soreness from STS on Monday.

Have a nice night everyone. It's time to get some leg work in.
fargomom, mini-natty and dmauden like this.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Cathlete

buneknek ... I bow down to you!! 45?! In a row?! WAY TO GO! You are an inspiration. You have 3 kids like me ..... I figure if you can do it, so can I!

Good night everyone ..... first day of March tomorrow. Hopefully that means spring is around the corner!