Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Push It

This is a discussion on Push It within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Stacie---I totally forgot that he was previously dismissed from the IEP. So it sounds like they are looking for a ...

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Cathlete
heartymax's Profile Fields

Stacie---I totally forgot that he was previously dismissed from the IEP. So it sounds like they are looking for a way to re-qualify him. I guess they think he would benefit from small group pull out instruction but from what you say it didn't help. If he has an IEP, he wouldn't have a 504. I hope things work out for him.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Cathlete
heartymax's Profile Fields

This morning was AFTERBURN. It's been a long time so need I say more. Those darn sliding plank push ups and burpees with straddle pushups are insane.

I'm so glad it's Friday!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I skipped but worked super hard this morning with Hard Strikes.
I added on the Heavy Bag which (sorry if you already know this) actually is the same thing as the Heavy Bag Tabata, and it is not 5 minutes - it is closer to 13 like the program indicates... the first time I did the heavy bag tabatas I really thought the time was about 5 minutes -- I guess time sure did fly! That's another reason why I wasn't sure that the HB tabatas and the HB w/o was the same thing.
Anyway, I used 3#s for the cardio and 1# for the heavy bag tabata. And again I hit my hip with the stupid dumbbell; luckily they're fairly soft.

Yesterday I was feeling my legs and calves; today it's mostly the calves.

Toni,
Nice job increasing your hip thrust weights! Let us know how the new Barre workout is; congrats on the bargain!

Tash,
So sorry to hear you're sick I really hope you're feeling better soon. It'll probably take until you're better for your DOMS to go away from those workouts, anyway It's great how they work so well with each other!

I didn't hear what the UK is going through but I'll have to do some looking on-line especially now that the forum has listed a bunch of ones I've not heard of! BTW, thanks for the new blog site - I'll have to check that out!

Stacie,
Congrats on your time off - you DO deserve it; I know you feel everyone else worked hard too, and they did. Maybe they'll get compensation down the road. It doesn't sound like you actually complained, more like expressed concern as to what has been happening. And obviously the guy's boss thought he was out of line; employees really should be treated with respect and not like children. In fact, I think HE should have spoke up that he needed extra help so he could help you all.

Good luck with Tyler. I wish I knew what to say that could help I don't like the "I don't have time" statement with the teacher. Children need wise decisions made for them and that's only possible when all the facts are known.

I did see in the GS description that there are a TON of pushups Thanks for warning me, though

Heartymax,
I don't know if you want to try this or not but I find the stability ball a comfortable way to do the hip thrusts. I would say that if your hams are burning more than your glutes then squeeze the cheeks at the top of the contraction... or maybe the position you were in sort of blocked your form. You'll figure it out

Ah... Afterburn... It's one of my all-time favorites, actually, even though sometimes I love to hate it!

I agree-TGIF!

Gotta split - enjoy your day -- and Tasha -- feel better soon!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

UGH what a night . Bella started coughing at around 12am and threw up all over the bed. And then she started to pee. I grabbed her mid-stream and put her on the floor because I did not want the entire bed to be soaked. I got 0 sleep last night. Today I washed/changed all of the bedding while I still have a fever. When it rains it pours . Oh ya, get some rest eh? This mom get's NO REST.

Stacie
I'm sorry about all the stuff going on with Tyler. I really wish I could give you some advice . Just know that I really sympathize with you and I hope you get all this straightened out asap. I can't imagine what you and your little guy are going through. Hang tight!
Take the comp time and don't look back! I know you feel bad, but hey who cares? You deserve it!

Heartymax
I will try your position and see how that goes for me as well.
I have no idea how you do Afterburn at 5am , but I bow to you!

Jennifer
OMG you held #3's while doing the boxing cardio!!! That is amazing . Sorry about banging your hip with the dumbbell . Even if they are soft, that must of hurt .
Are you going to do a GS rotation?

Have a good one ladies! And if you are getting hit hard with snow, be safe!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Cathlete

Athletic Training for me this morning - it's been a while since I've done that one but today I was realizing that it completely exhausts every muscle in the body. There are sets of shoulders, bi's, tri's, chest, back, glutes, legs, and even hams. With cardio to boot!

My shoulders were a bit weak today because of Hard Strikes yesterday, but I certainly didn't get any where near the DOMS I had the last time I did the Heavy Bag tabatas!

Today was the Mardi Gras parade downtown, and it was also a friend's birthday so we went to one of the party tents and watched the parade, drank, ate, and danced. The weather wasn't too bad - it was a bit windy but it was in the mid 40s.

Oh no, Tash! So sorry to hear about Bella! Just when it seemed she was getting better
And sorry for you - having to set yourself aside from yourself to tend to her... that's a double whammy. Surely tonight has to be better! Hopefully Mark can take over some of the challenges so you can get some rest and get better yourself!

My mom's in Boston so she's getting dumped on as far as snow goes but she's safe and doing well. The last I heard her area didn't get a foot but there are plenty of others getting at least that.

Take care everyone!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Cathlete

Hello...sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. Thursday was KPC, Friday was Low Impact Circuit and Saturday is my usual rest day. I received my RushFit yesterday. I've previewed some of the videos and I'm super excited about them. They are very controlled in terms of the movements, but it looks like the movements involve almost every muscle in the body. I really like compound exercises so this will be really nice. I'm not sure I will follow a RF 8 week rotation, but I'm def going to incorporate two of them in next week :-) I knew I would HAVE to do them if once I received them I'm really not good at following a rotation. I've just come to terms with the fact that I'm not good at it!! As long as I'm working out and doing a balanced workout for the week that's good. I don't really have any specific goals right now, so winging it is nice also.

I found a photography class that Brandon and I can take together. He has been editing photos on his iPad Mini lately, so I thought maybe we would try it. I tried to get him in the pottery class, but the semester started in January and we've already missed 3 classes. Plus that was an 18 week session and I'm not sure Brandon will like it that much. The photography is only 6 weeks or so(if that), so I'm sure he can decide from there if he wants to move forward with it.
We also bought all the supplies today to build a cornhole set. It's a really easy construction and I think he will really like it. I've also found several small projects he can build with smaller pieces of wood(ie a gumball machine). We don't need to get really expensive with tools or materials if the projects are small. And the only rule I have is that he has to completely finish one project before he starts another. So we will see how this goes. Hopefully these hobbies will take off. I never had any hobbies as a kid and I always thought I was weird for that, so I'll support my kids in anything they are interested in. Some stuff sticks some doesn't, but I figure it's all worth a try as long at it isn't costly.

Jennifer
Sounds like you are having an excellent weekend!!

Tasha
So sorry to hear about Bella. Middle of the night illness is the worst!!

Stacie
Sorry to hear about the situation at the school. Sound extremely frustrating. I hope next year brings a new teacher that actually has some interesting educating your son. It sounds like they are just trying to get done with him. That really irritates me.

HeartyMax
AB is tough when you haven't done it in a while. I always feel like I'm starting over a bit when I do that.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Cathlete

Welp, turns out my mom did get over 2' of snow. Clearly it wasn't finished snowing when we emailed on Friday!
She didn't lose her electricity and the roof of the building didn't cave or anything like that - gotta pray for everyone else, though. How sad about some of the problems and deaths that were related to the storm

I did RIDE this morning; I suck air and get drenched with sweat! If it weren't for the FFW outfit that absorbs the sweat I would be a dripping blob!

Toni,
I'm excited for you and Brandon - doing these crafty things TOGETHER is so cool. I honestly think that parents doing hobbies with their kids and having family dinners makes all the difference in the world especially later on down the road when it comes to the kids making right or wrong decisions for themselves. Good for you!

Hope all is well with everybody
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Thanks for the get well wishes ladies

Thank goodness no fever for me today! DH has been working crazy O/T hours at the airport cuz' of the snow storm (he clears the snow off the runway). Toronto's airport is one of the only airports in the world that never closes. Because of the storm, a lot of flights are getting re-directed to Toronto, which makes for an extremely busy portal. I begged him last night to get up with Bella in the middle of the night and give her medicine. I just could not take one more sleepless night. I've been averaging 2-3hrs for the past week or so and I feel like a wreck. I'm thinking tomorrow I can start back up with Cathe, but do something light -- I was thinking Basic Step. And for some reason, I have decided to change my rotation for the next month. So when I'm better, here is what I want to do:

D1-PLB
D2-PUB + 100RC's
D3-cardio
D4-cardio
D5-XT Super Cuts
D6- Yoga
D7- TB weight work (High Reps, STS TB, Turbo Barre, ect) + 100RC's

Jennifer
As you can see, Mark has not been home to help me with Bella . I knew that would happen cuz' that's just my luck . Thanks for being so sympathetic .
I can't wait to try the heavy bag tabata (when I get my gloves ). I hope I get some nice DOMS like you .
I agree about AT working every single muscle group in the body. That really is a wonderful w/o.
How is Whisper's foot doing btw? One of my guppies died . I really liked him too, he was so sweet .
Glad your mom is doing well out there in Boston. Mark was telling me that they got hit bad with snow. I think their airport might have closed down, and so that's how he found out about it.

Toni
I guess workout ADD has struck for me as well . I have not been able to stick to my own rotations since Xmas.
So cool about the photography class! I hope you and Brandon have fun together. I love arts & crafts stuff too. I always try to get Bella to do "crafty" things with me, but you know, she has a short attention span with that kind of stuff .
Yay on getting Rush Fit too .

Hope everyone had a good weekend
Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Cathlete

Thumbs down

Well the weekend is over Today was RF Abdominal Strength and Conditioning. It's just 30 short minutes of work that absolutely flew by. I was proud of myself for everything I could do without modification, which was almost all of it But I tell ya what, after that workout I was TIRED! RF used so many muscles at once it's amazing! My back and shoulders were really tired after this. I also did the bonus barre section of XT Legs. I didn't want to totally abandon my barre work, so this was a good add on.

Tasha
I see you decided to go with the 3x a week TB weight work. I'm finding that I don't like spilt UB days in a week. It just doesn't allow my workout ADD enough variety in a week plus I'm big on core and I just don't feel like I get enough core work when I have to tack it on at the end of another workout. I do love cardio workouts where I feel like my core is worked as part know the routine. Just seems to save time.

I just wanted to say that Brandon is almost 13 and he still has a short attention span He's a special case, but it still totally understand what your saying.

Jennifer
I totally agree with you about parents being involved and generally 'around' in the kids lives. Huge difference.

Here's to a good week for us all!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Cathlete

Good morning!
This morning I did XT Legs including the Barre and 100RC Hip Thrusts. Wow was I making some faces! I took 3 breaks during the HTs... @ #25, #50, and after #75. After 50 and 75 I took 1 minute breaks.

I hope to have my GS really soon but if I don't receive it by after work today then I will go ahead with Burn Sets upper body tomorrow. I'm not planning to do a GS rotation, actually, since I'm not really good at following a strict rotation -- sounds like we ALL have that in common

Toni,
Sounds like Rush Fit was just perfect! Glad you enjoyed it, and congrats on not having to modify!

Tash,
You're right/Mark's right... Boston's Logan airport did close! But they are open now. I never really thought about the over-kill of other airports because of it; I just thought they got backed up. Now I can see how busy Mark's been... guess I can't call him lazy for not helping you more

I'm glad your fever is gone; I hope everyone continues to feel better. Definitely take it easy so you can be ready for your workouts again. By the way, your w/o plan sounds great!

Hi Heartymax and Stacie! I hope you and yours are doing well

Have a fantastic day, everyone!