Pentagenarians Unite! - Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I hope everyone was able to find the thread:7 . Today I did 4DS Kickbox part only. 31 minutes 180 calories burned. Not high enough for me. I like to get over 300 or at least over 200 when I do cardio. I know it's because I keep it all low impact.

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: Cherrios with rasberries and skim milk
S: cottage cheese and applesauce
L: Ham on WW, apple, skim milk
S: LF Stringster, triskets
D: Leftover Indian, with brocoli
S: WW ice cream bar

Rhonda:
I am going to try your recipe with ground turkey, as we have a pound in the freezer. It sounds really good. My mother used to make it with tomato sauce and DH cannot get his mind around that! His mom never did that ( she is from Louisiana), so he says "it's an Italian thing. Have to put tomoato sauce in everything!":7

Jen:
You may want to save and get the new series if it looks like something you might do. It has no cardio! Yeah! You had a good meal. Can your SIL come over and cook for me too!;-)

Garance:
Glad to hear your knee feels better... now come on.. don;t you love watching "Christmas Story" 25 times? LOL!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Happy Wednesday, All,

Deb, I like the new name, but I like Rhonda's suggestion even better - Pentagenarians and Beyond - we don't want to discriminate against our 60-and-up members!

Rhonda, I followed your thread with interest on the other forum - you stated your case quite eloquently. I thought Cathe's answer was her typical nonanswer - I've had one of those, too, which made me think ''Why even bother?'' Actually, her answer to my question was even shorter than yours - she said ''I choose not to respond to that, and I hope you understand.'' Uh, no, I really didn't. I haven't asked her a question since.

Son and his family came over again last night - I was going to lay down the law and tell them I'd visit with them after I exercised - but my grandbaby had a bunch of shots during his 15-month-old checkup yesterday, and was so sore he refused to move from the waist down. Naturally, Granny had to rock him and read to him, poor baby!

Tonight is Step Blast - I mean it!

After we turn 60 will we still be able to post? It is coming up quickly........and I intend to be doing Cathe until I........

It is snowing here. They don't plow the roads. It is going to get worse as the day goes on....An early dismissal would be nice as it does not count as a snow day. I have bus duty and cannot leave until all the students leave.....I need a Starbucks.............A tall latte is 2 WW points....Decaf with 1/2 cup skim milk is 1.......I have four wheel drive but I worry about the other drivers.......this sucks.

I have been having problems fitting in and focusing upon my workouts lately. I may need to revamp: Do other instructors, more yoga, etc. until I get my enthusiasm back. I just don't feel like it once I get home from work. My weekends have been filled with yard work and errands. I need to force myself back on track.

I have so many projects going on at home. Lately I have been trying to clean out old file cabinets. Yesterday I shredded tax returns from 1977. I cannot believe some of the things I have found. Junk just accumulates....is this part of being a Pentagenarian? Think about it...if we have an early dismissal I would have two additional hours to shred...and exercise.....Hopefully there will not be a power failure........then I would take a nap....This could be a win-win situation....chant with me "Early dismissal. Early dismissal. Early dismissal..."

Stay warm everybody. Thanks for listening to my ranting and venting.

Rhonda

Hi Deb, Jen, and Rhonda--

It will have to be Pentagenarians and Beyond!, because I just turned 61. Still nothing this morning, but I am seeing my orthopedist tomorrow and hope a cortisone shot is the quick fix I need. The knee is definitely improving, but I am getting impatient.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about the junk accumulating. My closets are stuffed with things I no longer wear, I have tons of sweaters that I don't want to throw or give away because I made them, and my sons' rooms still have all their medals, trophies, and plaques from sports. I tell myself occasionally that I absolutely NEED to do something about this, but then when I have extra time, I don't want to waste it on an onerous activity. I want to enjoy that extra time.

When my knee gets better (next week?), I will have to get back on track too. I feel like a potato, even though I have been exceedingly careful about my eating, so I haven't gained any weight.

Seminar time this afternoon--the last one. Then I am going home to make my butternut squash soup with cider cream to go with rib steaks.

ttfn

Hi Ladies:
Things been pretty busy around here. My DH real estate Christmas party is tonite, so I whipped up a spinach chicken lasagna. DH requested.
Deb: Like our new name,did take awhile to find thread.Congrats on the weight loss,sounds like you're on the right road. I was quite surprised today that I am down another pound. Could have something to do with all that bleeding.
Rhonda: That meatloaf recipe sounds yummy. I never tried it with oatmeal before.I'll have to check out the thread you started.
Jen: Stepblast is one of my favorites,I actualy did it monday.Today I did an oldie"Bodymax" I was a huffin and a puffin.
Garance: Good Luck tomorrow at MD appt. The cortisone shot sounds like a good idea. I too have tons of clothes(skinny, medium and fat).I refuse to buy any more unless necessary. I'm at an alltime high (size 12)x( Seems like yesterday I was a size 0.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.