Pentagenarians ++ Its the weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout today as it is my "official" rest day, however I have been resting since Wednesday!:(..

DH and I will be going out for breakfast, then I have to go to my cousins campaign headquarters and address postcards. She is running for a seat in the state senate. Later, my aunt and uncle are renewing their wedding vows, today is their 50th anniversary...also have HouseMax lined up...too many things to do around here...sigh...

Carol:
I hope you are feeling better today!

Garance:
Have fun at the Jacob's Pillow performance!

Linny:
are you at the lake!

Well ladies, has anyone tried using the Workout Manager and 1RM calculater? I have to say, it is difficult for me not to blast them on the forums...I have to really hold back when I try to get help using these "tools"..this has to be one of the most messed up projects they have tried...I wish they would have focused their time, energy and money on getting STS out sooner, rather than this site that is so frought with bugs it is more annoying than its worth!

Regarding STS, on another forum, I was told by one of the ladies that went to the August RT that the rumor is STS will be out by Nov 1. They also said that the whole thing has cost a million dollars so far!

Vent over!

Have a great day and a fun weekend!

Deb

Another day for HAY!

Hi Deb and any later posters--

This morning I did CTX upperbody (62 min.). Phew! I forgot how hard it is to do all of these units together. By the time I got to triceps, my arms and chest were FRIED!

Deb, I received your package yesterday. I will put a check in the mail for the postage. Thanks!!!

I haven't even tried the workout manager or even thought about the 1 HRM or whatever it is. Why get myself all psyched up for something that's months away? It would probably just add to my impatience. As you know, Deb, I share your disgruntlement about STS. I see at the blog that it IS being compared to a feature-length movie in production value. Okaaay--so I had no idea I was investing in a movie. I just thought it was some innovative weight work.

The Trey McIntire Project at Jacob's Pillow was absolutely brilliant. The first half was witty and fun, with a pas de deux called Surrender that used music from Grand Funk Railroad ("Do the Locomotion with me"), Tchaikovsky, and a female folk singer. The man was in a wrestling singlet and ear gear. The next piece was done to Peter, Paul, and Mary's Leatherwings album and really fun. The second half was to Dvorak and classical, but absolutely exquisite. I think this choreographer is creating a whole new ballet vocabulary. If you have a chance to see this company on tour (they are scheduled for a 30 city tour), go see them. He has also attracted some near-perfect dancers in terms of technique.

Cocktail party tonight. I hope I can move my arms.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.