Pentagenarians ++ It's Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I got up early and did an I-Tread, 35 minutes..yesterday I did Lauren's KB workout. I kind of wish I would have bought a lighter KB..the 15 lb. is too heavy for some of the excercises, and a DB is not a good substitute.

Garance:
Wow I can;t believe you and do those upper body splits like the CTX or the 4DS one! You are one strong woman!:)...yes I am pretty frustrated with the whole STS thing..I just want the da%n workouts! :mad:..I am very interested in the 1RM concept, but the tool here is "iffy" at best, and when you ask a question, they either give some long winded answer that does not answer the question, or they ignore you. They readily admit that there are bugs in all the software, so why is it even released?

Carol:
What are you up to today?

Linny:
Did you go to the lake this weekend? It must be time to think about closing down, or do you go through the fall?

LaLa:
I hope you are doing ok..

Today will be sad...I have to go a wake for a 4 year old...he has been sick since he was 8 months old...:(

Have a good day!

Deb

Good morning!!! The scale finally moved - hooray!! And this morning I did Slow & Heavy/Legs & Shoulders. I'm going to stick with S&H for three weeks and see how that goes.

Carol
:)

They're back!!

Hi Deb, Carol, and any later posters--

This morning I did Step Blast (55 min.). Haven't done this one in ages, so it felt fun and new.

The campus is starting to fill up again. The freshmen are all here for "First Days" with their junior advisors (and parents), and the rest of the horde will be arriving over the week. It's like the campus is asleep, and then suddenly it's AWAKE!

Deb, I'm just going to wait until I get my 41 STS dvds before I try all that 1 RM stuff. Maybe they will have the kinks worked out by............Christmas? New Year's?? Easter??? I also have the printout of the original explanation from Cathe about how to find your 1RM, so maybe I will look at that. Sorry to hear about the 4-year-old. That's rough.

Glad you are feeling better Carol. I haven't done S & H for a long time. I know Cathe says it's supposed to break through plateaus, but it never did that for me. I still liked it, though, because I could do all of Cathe's weights without problems. Can't say the same for some of her other weight workouts.

ttfn

Back from the Lake

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Thats so sad having to go to 4yr old wake.Prayers to the parents.
Yes,I was at the lake again.DH went waterskiing but not me.I only went once this summer:(.Rheumatologist is suppose to call tomorrow to sent up an appt.Receptionist said they are doing appts for first 2 weeks of Sept,so I should be able to get in soon.I hate not knowing whats going on with my body.
Garance:Sorry to hear your summer is over.Do you get any time for Labor Day?My kids are suppose to come over the lake this weekend for a cookout it will probably be the last hooray.I'm hoping for nice weather.Two of the DGC are suppose to sleep over saturday night.
Hi Carol,Josie,Cathy and Rhonda.
~Linny~

Hi all!. Today was a 30 job outdoors with itread. In about a week, I should have the go ahead from my doc to start lifting again. Any advice on how to start back? It´s been 6 weeks without lifting. How heavy/light should I start?

Garance, Step Blast is fun. And enjoy the campus days.

Deb, I, too, am waiting for STS before I do the 1RM. I don´t think we´ll get them much before October :(.
I´m really sorry about that little boy and his family.

Carol, good for you and the scale! ´

Hi Linny, hope for good weather for you this weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.