Hi all,

I am back.. Mexico was great, warm etc even if it did rain at
least once a day.. when it rains in Cancun, it doesn;t fool
around! It gets really windy, I mean windy where the palm
trees are bening in half, then a dark cloud comes over head
and there is a torrential downpour! Usually lasts a short
time, then it gets sunny again.. We worked, but did have a
lot of down time to do other things. I need to read a couple
of days posts to catch up with what has been going on around here!

I am copying this from Friday's thread! I had my days mixed up and answered there instead of here!

Deb:)

Welcome back, Deb--

Today is my day off, so just housecleaning.

I went to a conference in Cancun in 2001 in December. It was gorgeous and never rained. I thought the water there was so blue.

Tomorrow afternoon and evening, DH and I are headed over to Saratoga for the annual "Dance Flurry." We're going to do some classes in swing. Should be fun. It means I have to get my class notes ready this afternoon, though.

Josie, just sending you some hugs for your loss. I couldn't deliver a eulogy either without breaking down in tears.

Sunny and cold here, but tomorrow it's supposed to rain.

ttfn

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Welcome back, glad you had a safe trip. I bet DH is glad you're back. DH and went out to celebrate Valentines tonite since we didn't get to on Valentines.My boss decided since I was quitting that I should be on call that night 7pm to 8am,so really couldn't spend any time together. I think I ended up working on an admission till 11:eek:o that night so any way. But I didn't sleep well wondering if I was going to get a call in the middle of the night. One more week than I'm taking a week off before new job starts. I'm planninng on having my granddaughters sleep over,at least one night a piece.I haven't seen them since the Nutcracker the end of December. I think its time for some Grammy spoiling;-)
Garance: Sorry I haven't checked in last couple of days,but its been absolutely crazy at work. Almost like they figure I'm leaving so lets throw as much work as possible at me.:( God give me strength!Have fun Swing dancing tonite.Lucky!
Josie: I would never be able to do an eulogy, I cry when other people do it.Prayers to you!
Jen: How is the new grandbaby doing? Sounds like you have your hands full right now too. Does your new job start this week? If so Good Luck!~Linny~

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny, and Josie--

This morning (Sunday) I did the 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs (71 min.)

Off to Saratoga this afternoon for some dancing.

Happy to hear, Linny, that you had an opportunity to enjoy Valentine's Day with DH. Your current job sounds brutal. Hope the next one is less demanding, more rewarding.

Still looks sunny here. Maybe we will luck out.

Hi all,

Today I got up at 5:00 am and just read and had coffee...it was so nice to be home and have my dogs cuddle up with me on the couch! DH slept in, which I am sure he needed after being the one that had to get up every day to let them out etc.

I did 4DS Legs and core today, no kickbox. I really missed working out with weights, since I did the treadmill almost every day while I was gone, to keep the calories at bay!

While in Mexico, we went to a few dinners out in Playa Del Carmen while there, even though we were staying at an all inclusive resort. There was one restaurant that was in an actual cave, deep down underground. There were Mayan dancers with fire and all.. it was very authentic, but creepy at the same time. I did not end up going to Cozumel to shop because they decided to go on the day that I was leaving. It's a good thing because others that took the ferry across ended up seasick due to the high winds.

Linny:
It sounds like the current job people may be taking advantage of your leaving, but at this point, you are just a week away from being Gone! so I would just keep thinking about the new job and the week off in between. You will have a great time with the GD's.

Garance:
Have fun dancing!

Hi to Josie and Jen!

Deb :)

Happy Sunday, All,

Yesterday was spent running after Sam most of the day and running errands. Last night DH and I babysat the other grandsons at DD's house while she and SIL went out to dinner with friends.

Today, I've had Sam here all morning. We took him to Sam's Club for some serious stocking-up shopping. DIL is upset because her mom was told yesterday that it would take at least a year of hard work before she would be able to use her arm at all. Every bone in the arm from the shoulder on down was shattered, and she suffered major tendon and nerve damage. DIL is upset that she won't be able to help round the clock, but she'll have her hands full with a newborn and an 18-month old. I can't do much other than send food over because my new job starts tomorrow and I'm sure there will be a lot to learn. I think once she becomes more proficient with her left hand it won't seem so overwhelming.

Sam and DS just left for home - Granny is hoping they won't come back, and I will get to exercise, if I remember how! My birthday is next Saturday, and I asked DH for a 9-pound body bar, since I have 2 new Kimberly Spreen tapes and she uses them during kickboxing (I have 2 heavier body bars). I couldn't find a 9-pounder anywhere, so got a 10-pounder. Since it's heavier than what the instructor uses, I'm sure I'll be putting it aside long before the DVD is over!

Also, this afternoon, I have to review a very thick booklet about benefits for my new job, and choose a health care plan, dental, vision, life insurance, etc., before orientation tomorrow. Did I mention that my house is filthy and I have a mountain of clothes to fold? And that all I really want to do is take a nap? Sounds like things are getting back to normal around here - at least I've finally quit coughing!

Deb, I'm so glad you had a good time in Mexico.

Garance, hope you enjoyed the dancing.

Linny, hang on - heck, call in sick a day or two if you want! What are they going to do, fire you? Ha!

Josie, I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Ladies:
Well the end of another weekendx( Back to work,which starts tonite for me. I need to download my patients and set up my schedule for tomorrow.Sometimes I don't get my schedule till after 8:30p,then I'm up for awhile putting it all together.Trying to stay focused on the goal~friday~ which is last day.
Garance:Sounds like you really like that 4ds.I'm going to check out the preview.Have a great time dancing.
Deb: That cave restaurant sounds pretty cool.At least you were able to do some neat things while on business.
Jen:Your poor DIL's mother,sounds like she'll need DIL's help not the other way around.I haven't even got my benefits book yet. Did get insurance plans.The insurance I have now is better,because it was affilitated with hospital.Oh well got to take the good with the bad. I'd really like to call in sick,but my luck they probably would fire me and then I'd lose my earn time.I think its around 40 hours,don't want to lose that.
Josie: Thinking of you.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.