Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B June 8th!

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

Well we got home around 11:00 last night...very long trip..We got to the airport around noon for a 2:10 flight, which did not get off the ground until after 6:00 pm! I hate travelling through Chicago! Talk about a long day for a little guy! He was the perfect gentleman though.. I am exhausted, was up around 1:00 am to 2:00 with him outside.. I don't even want to work out, although I should since the last time I did was last Sunday..

I will bb later after I have read all that I have missed!

p.s Did you see the Blog update? We will have to start our own "Pentas & Beyond" workout group for STS!

Deb

Hi Deb and Linny--

Welcome back, Deb, and a big hello to Keegan!

This morning I did Christi Taylor's Dance Fit (70 min.). A steamy workout in this muggy weather.

I did see the Blog update and thought the same thing about a workout group just for the over-50 set.

O'Hare airport has always been a rat race. I went to grad school at the U. of Chicago, so I feel like I know that airport by heart. Even worse than flying out of there was when you would drive to Minneapolis at Thanksgiving and it would take hours to get by the airport traffic. Given the current state of the airlines, I'm not sure I want to fly anywhere anymore.

I watched 27 Dresses from Netflix last night. It was predictable but I enjoyed it--a good chickflick.

Don't worry about exercising until you have some energy, Deb.

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I am off this week to get Keegan acclamated to our house, schedule etc. He is such a cutie! He is very attached to me though and cries when I leave the room.. I have to stop this before next week when I am back to work. I guess me holding him for over 12 hours between the hour and a half car ride to the airport and all the delays etc did bond us, but maybe too much!

Garance:
It was very hot here too yesterday, like a steam bath! I felt like it was a permanent hot flash! I will be at least doing some cardio today, because I have to get back on track before I lose the enthusiam to work out, and we know what comes after that!

Linny:
I hope you had a good time at the lake and no hives! Sorry to hear about the work situation there.. maybe you should ask for a raise, since you seem to be the most stable worker they have!

I will post pictures, but right now I am having a problem getthing them from the photo file to here. I will keep trying!

Have a great day

Deb

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not posting in a while, but I have been very busy at work and at home.

I'm back on track this week. I went to the Gym on Saturday and worked out with my trainer then we went for a 45 minute walk on the soft sand in Venice beach. On Sunday I went to the dunes.

Today I will be spinning and doing abs.

Deb, congratulantions on on your litle Keegan.

Hi Linny and Garnace.

Have a great Monday.

Josie

Hi,

Josie: Welcome BAck! We missed you here..

I am trying to post some pics here but it won;t work.. I don't know why because I posted them on another thread and it worked fine! grr.. I sometimes hate computers! I'll keep trying.

Deb

Hi Deb, Linny, and Josie (welcome back!)--

This morning I did Cardio Dance Fusion (45 min.), and was sweating buckets by the end of it.

I'm going to check out the Melters thread to see if that is where you posted your pics, Deb.

This weather is just a bit too steamy for me. I like hot weather for sundresses and sandals, but this is over the top. I'm glad, though, that I don't live in NYC which, as Kelly Ripa puts it, "makes its own gravy" in the summer heat. Sounds like it's going up to a 100 there.

Sounds like you are completely recovered from your fall, Josie.

Hope the water was fun this hot weekend for you, Linny.

Hi Deb--

Checked the melters, and saw little Keegan. He looks like he's waiting for Kelsey to tell him to do something. Soooo cute!

Trying again!

It didn't workx(

oh well, maybe once you post them to a thread you can;t post them again...

Hi Deb,Garance and Josie:
I came back from lake late last night.It was a good weekend to be there with all this heat.DH went waterskiing a few times so he was pretty happy.I didn't dare go into water yet.I got a small bout of hives on saturday morning when I was driving the boat,so I had to go back to dock.My kids and DGD's came over sunday and we had a little birthday party for them.Des is 14 and Emily is 9.My DH let them drive the boat which they loved.He made sure he sat right next to them.
Deb:I just had to go to The Melters site to see pictures.I couldn't stand the suspence.He is so cute.What does Kelsey think of him?
Garance:I did LowMax and chest from PUB.I looked liked a red tomato when I finished.Whew,its a hot one.
Josie:Glad you're still with us.Sounds like you're still the little energizer bunny.Stay Cool!
Well tonight is back to work,I hope staffing is better than last week.~Linny~

Good Morning!

Well I was able to sqeeze in MM Legs only which is only 23 minutes. I added on some leg extensions. It is getting hard to fit in a workout, between feedings, and potty breaks! I feel like I have a one year old that knows how to run! He is getting into all the stuff in the yard, especially the landscape stones, wood chips, plants and anything that falls from trees! My workouts are running after him!

Josie:
Welcome BAck! It sounds like you are back into the swing of things with your workouts. Has the injuries completely healed?

Garance:
It was unbearable here yesterday too! We had thunderstorms overnight and were pelted by rain. It seemed to cool things off a bit and got the plants a much needed watering.

Linny:
Glad you had a good time at the lake and the hives were not bad. It sounds like DH had a good time with the GK's too! did you drive the boat while he skied? Kelsey was putting up with a lot from Keegan, he was chasing her around to play and biting with those sharp little teeth. She didn;t do much except try to get away from him, growled a little but basically jumped up on something she knew he couldn;t get to..then last night at dinner time, I fed her in her normal place, not thinking about Keegan being loose in the kitchen. He must have tried to get into her food dish while she was eating and it was all over! She trounced on him pretty viciously, scared him and he started screaming...I was shocked, pulled her off of him, ( she didn;t do anything to him at all, just her growl and the way she turned on him made him cry out..Well today there is a little more respect going on...he tries to play with her, but doesn't jump on her and bite her like he was before..he just gets frustrated and backs off barking at her..it is too funny. I'm glad she did it though because it was becoming too much for her. I hope they get the staffing straightened out for you next week too! Any more talk about the day shift?

Have a great day!

Deb

Hi Deb, Linny, and Josie--

I did Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled (62 min.). I didn't get too sweaty on this one, but it is sure muggy here and going up into the 90s.

Deb, it sounds like you have a new idea for a workout DVD: "Kicking Butt with Keegan!" How old is Kelsey? Sounds like she's a tad non-plused by the new addition.

Anybody watching So You Think You Can Dance? I think I will take a look tonight. I haven't followed it up 'til now, so I guess I missed all of the auditions. This is the final 20. I really liked this show last summer.

Linny, happy to hear you had a good weekend. I heard on the news that the New York nurses are complaining about extended shifts, shortages, night shifts--your issues. Is there a union for nurses anywhere?

Hi to Josie!

ttfn

Good Morning Ladies,

I did not go spinning last night. I had to go grocery shopping and did not have time after that was done.

I will be going to the gym today at lunch and doing the elliptical for 45 minutes and then tonight I have my hard core class.

The weather here has been in the low 60's in the AM and in the mid 70's during the day. I love it!

Deb, My injury is healing very well, I'm supposed to got to the Dermatologyst next week so that she can give me a treatment for the scar, but it does not look bad. I'm letting my hair grow and my bangs cover the scar.

Have a grat day!

Josie

Another hot one here.The weather channel said it broke some records today.In Nashua(about 45min. away)it hit the 100 mark.Glad I leave at the coast when it gets that hot.Pretty busy at work last night,lots of new patients.A few jumpers toox( .Thats what we call patients who have poor safety awareness and try to get up by themselves.We have alarms on them and we run when we hear one go off.I've seen too many broken bones and head injuries from falls.
Deb:Sounds llike you definitely have your hands full with your new addition.Good thing you had this week off to train Keegan.At least you are getting in some running workouts.Are you going to crate him during the week when you are at work? Keelsey sounds like she's showing him who's boss.I've seen plenty of dogs pretty protective of their meals.I hope Kelsey grows to love Keegan.
I did pull DH while he skiied this weekend.We gave his stepson from previous marriage a lesson on pulling DH while skiing.DH needs a back up driver for those times its too cold or I'm sleeping and unable to drive boat.
Garance:I haven't seen So You Think You can Dance,thats one thing about working this shift I miss alot of shows.Seems like to just work and sleep from monday nite to friday morning.I don't know of any nurses unions around here.I imagine that they probably have them in the big cities.
Josie:The weather sounds beautiful there.We seem like its cold then hot,no in between.How is the gas prices over there in California?I've been seeing 3.90-4.10 a gallon.When will it end.
Talked with nurse at GYN/OB office they basically think that there is nothing there to shed for a period. So basically I quess I just wait and see what happens.I told her I was going to start the Loestrin and see if the hormones help my hives.If not,then there are some herbal treatments I may try.
Well its time for my nap.Hope everyone has a great night.~Linny~

Hi Deb, Linny, and Josie--

This morning I did Cackle and Shriek (59 min.).

Boy did it cool off overnight! Nice thunderstorm last night and today is perfectly lovely--high 70s.

Since you didn't show up this morning, Deb, I assume Keegan has worn you out and you are enjoying some zzzzz.

I was wrong--So You Think . . . Dance must be on tonight. I just assumed it was on last night because the host was on Regis and Kelly yesterday morning.

Linny, the HBO series of John Adams is now on DVD and for sale. I saw an ad for it. Not sure how expensive it is.

So happy for you, Josie, that your scarring was minimal.

Anybody reading anything good? I am wading through Ted Hughes's letters for work (He was one weird dude!), and reading the new Julia Spencer-Fleming mystery I SHALL NOT WANT for fun. I love this series.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Afternoon,

My schedule is all crazy right now so this is when I got to post..I do everything now based on a puppy's schedule! I realize now that I was pretty fast and free "BK"...

Today I did an I-Tread while DH did the chasing! It was his turn to do the "Kicking Butt With Keegan" workout!:)

Garance:
I didn't start watching the Dance show.. not sure when it is on. It cooled off here as well. Perfect days with blue skies and low humidity. Thanks for the tip on the mystery series.. my favorite read, especially when they are a series with a particular character.

Josie:
How did the workouts go last night? I bet you were sore today!

Linny:
Your job sounds pretty stressful to me, but I bet you just take all that in stride! I always said that they couln;t pay nurses enough to do what they do! Speaking of which, there is talk here about a nurses strike. There must be a union in NY. Yes, we will crate Keegan while at work. DH or I will be home at lunch time to let him out. DH's schedule lets me only have to come home 3 days a week, since he has a late start on Wed, and is off every Thursday. I'm not sure how Kelsey feels about him yet.. she has pretty much warned him off her so that he leaves her alone. It sounds like you have started the big "M"..it does have it's positive side!

Have a great day!

Deb

We did have some pretty good boomers last night.One of the patients was upset because he is a quadaplegic and was woried we'd lose power and his bed would deflate.So we didn't want to take the chance and plugged his bed to an extension cord and plugged into hallway emergency plug.He slept better after that.
Garance: I did see that John Adams series on sale at Best Buy for 34.99.I was planning on picking it up friday morning and give to DH as a Fathers Day present. I'm not reading anything at the moment.I did buy Ten Years Thinner by Christine Lydon,but haven't started yet.For some reason I just don't read novels anymore.In my late 20's,early 30's I was a reading addict.One book after another.I was a huge Stephen King fan and pretty much read everything he wrote.
Deb:Must be nice to take a little break from "Kicking Butt with Keegan".My DH uses that BK line with his DD,I think you have it right though BK(before Keegan)days.:) Today was my second day on Loestrin,waiting to see if it will help with hives.I want to go waterskiing this weekendx( Does Keegan sleep in his crate at night?
Josie: Hope you are staying safe.
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get STS or not.Not sure if it will be worth it since I pretty much only work out on mon,fri,sat and sun.Now that its summer we are at the lake on sat and sun so there are two less days.I try to do a Leslie Sansome every once in a while during the week but it depends on how much sleep I get.
Ladies have a great night~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

Today I will do the same as on Tuesday. I felt a bit sore yesterday, but I'm ok today.

Linny, the price of gas near my house is $4.55 for regular it is crazy! Along with the high prices of gas come the higher prices in food and every day consumables.

I need to get back to work. I will check in later.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.