Pentagenarians & Beyond W/B Aug 3

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning...and Happy Monday!

Just getting us started...I guess no one posted yesterday? I didn't get on the computer at all either...so much to do around here...I need to go back and read the rest of Saturday's posts!

BB in a bit...

Deb
:)

Monday...Monday!

Good Morning again!

We are growing and it’s hard to tell where one day starts and ends…maybe we should go back to a new post each day? I try to start them since I am up at 4:15 to workout. Let’s try that starting tomorrow, Tuesday…

I did an I-Tread this morning…#13..sprints…of course I did not sprint…when she said “sprint” I jogged. It’s 6 sprints, 6 recoveries, then a 10 min stretch. My HRM crapped out on me at the 17 min mark ..I hope it’s just the battery, and not that I did something to it when I was doing Lauren’s KB DVD yesterday and banged it a couple of times doing those cleans…mine are not so “clean” J

Carol:
Just reading your circuit makes me tired! I need to look into that Precision Nutrition…is it a book you can get at the library or at Barnes & Noble?

LaLa1”
Which I-Tread did you do? Was it a walking one or one with walking, jogging and running? I-Treads have made the treadmill my favorite cardio…and I hated cardio before I started using them..

Garance:
I know I asked you this before…is Jacob’s Pillow a dance troupe? or a place you go to see the dancing? I have some DOMS from the KB workout, but not that much, because I subbed a 10# db for some of it.

Kathy S
What a wonderful way to spend some time, with your DS, in the pool! What kind of dog is Eddit? How old? I have 2 Wire Fox Terriers, one is 13, the other 4 months.

Josie:
How are you girl? How are the workouts going? Any dunes climbed lately?

Linny:
I hope you were at the lake this weekend and were “hive free”! J

Have a great day ladies!

Deb

kettlebell Monday

Hi Deb, Linny, Lala, Josie, Rhonda, Kathy, and Carol--

I didn't have time to post yesterday--friends from New Paltz came for a visit. Yesterday I did Rhythmic Step and today I did Lauren's kettlebell DVD. It was fun pulling out an oldie-but-goodie.

Jacob's Pillow is in Becket, MA, Deb. It was established by Ted Shawn and Ruth St. Denis, early 20th-century modern dancers. There are two theaters and several houses for dancers to stay. There is also a school, gorgeous grounds for picnicking, and a restaurant and cafe. During the summer, they bring in dance troupes from around the world.

Went to see Dark Knight on Saturday night. Very dark--but the performances are extraordinary. Heath Ledger is everything the reviews have mentioned--much scarier than Jack Nicholson as the Joker, who played it as a cartoon caricature IMO.

Carol, I have to be careful with impact, too, because of my knees. I cannot believe that I originally did step on 10 inches, and it was made out of wood as per the instructions in Collagevideo. I now often do my step on just the platform, and I still get a good workout.

Are you in Atlanta, Kathy? I may be headed down there in the spring to do research at Emory. I was there for 10 days a couple years ago, working in the rare book room looking at the Ted Hughes papers. I didn't have time to look at it all. It was steamy outside (June), but freezing in the rare book room. Whenever I work in archives, I feel like I am in a separate world, since it's always so cut off from the weather outside.

Have a great Monday, ladies!

Good....afternoon! Had a PT appt this am so I walked home. Used Grace´s outdoor itread. I really like it. she has a few OOWWss in there,but to tell the truth, I don´t mind them, it´s not toooo much! I also downloaded Natalie Coughlin´s itread outdoor. It´s 1/2 price right now.

Hava a good day all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.