Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/19

fox2star

Cathlete
Hey gang,

Today I did Legs & Abs from Pure Strength. I only did the standing leg portion, I hate leg floor work. Anyway, a good workout which I forgot how good it was.

Going to an outlet mall to look at some lamps I saw previously to see if DH likes them. Otherwise, just more HouseMax and laundry.

Have a good day.

hey ya'll, seem to have missed last week somehow. but, iim here, just busy all the time. i cna't even remember if i posted last week. so, hopefully, i'llbe around more this week.
raining here. yay! we'll take all the rain we can get while it is available.

Today was housemax and finding faucets and hardware for bathroom. I still can't find a light I like.

Joan

Good morning all,

Today I did a 35 minute Cardio Coach, 242 calories. I tried to push myself as much as I could to get above 200 calories. It is pretty hard.

Cathy, I think you did post a couple of times last week, how soon we forget!

Joan, I had a hard time with the lighting for my bathroom too. I ended up with these big things over the mirror , kind of tulip like, that are facing upward? ( our mirror is a built in medicine cabinet about 4 feet long), and an overhead round light, plus one in the tub area. What are you doing for the floor? I got that stainless grout for ceramic tile, it is ok, but definitely needs scrubbing, like regular grout. I got big tiles though so there is less of it. The best thing I did was get that solid surface stuff for inside the tub area, no grout in there at all and I love it!

How was everyone's weekend?

Take care,

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, and Cathy--

This morning I did Bootcamp Boogie (63 min.).

I'm back! A really well-organized conference, and Cambridge was absolutely gorgeous--so old, but so well kept. I stayed at Pembroke College and every night we had these glorious meals in either a large hall or the old library. I did several walks taking me to various places mentioned by Plath and Hughes, visited a great museum--the Fitz-William--and just soaked in the whole atmosphere. My paper was controversial, which was great--I wanted to be provocative--and it led to many conversations with scholars from all over the world. Travel continues to be just plain awful. Long lines in Heathrow, long lines in Washington-Dulles, and in Dulles I could not believe the endless, circuitous route I needed to follow to get to my connecting flight. I would go up and down and up and down escalators endlessly, then a train, then another elevator, more escalators. I think I was in various forms of transport on Saturday from 6 A.M. in Cambridge to 7 P.M. in Albany, so we're talking about 20 hours total of travel time. And I had to get up at 4:30 in Cambridge to catch my bus to Heathrow. Quel Horreur!! I also hardly slept for several days because I never overcame jet lag. I wanted to sleep just when I needed to get up for the morning sessions of the conference.

I tried to catch up with last week's entries, and Joan, you sound like a madwoman. I can understand your husband's comment. You are a veritable whirlwind.

Hi everyone!

Tuesday

Good morning,

Today I did the Back & Biceps from Pure Strength. Will do the abs tomorrow after cardio.

Garance, welcome back! glad you had a safe and productive trip. I hear you on the travelling woes. Every trip is a chore now. You just want to get where you're going but it seems like it gets harder and harder.

Beautiful day here today, it's supposed to go up to 78, low humidity.

Take care,

shucks deb, i forget what i go from one end of the house to the other for. LOL! will bbl to catch up on everything. think we have found a place to buy.:)

Hi Ladies,
I will be doing my weight training and cardio this evening. I was a couch potato the whole weekend. I felt like I needed to sleep, but I still woke up early. I have not been able to sleep for the past week, even though I'm tires. I don't feel comfortable on our new mattress.

Garance, welcome back! I'm with you on the traveling portion of your trip. My DH was in Washington D.C. from Friday to today and they were staying at the Four Seasons. I did not want to go because of the airports and how impersonal they have become. He said that it was a good idea that I did not go. It was a mess when they left and he is expecting it to be a mess today when he gets back.

Deb, it is gloomy and cold here. My DH said that it was beautiful in Washington D.C.
We are having the opposite in California. Did you get your lamps?

Hi to Joan, Valerie and Cathy.

Josie

This morning I did BBL Sculpt (50 min.) with 5's and 8's.

Drat! I feel like I am catching a cold. Woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. Just went to buy my Cold-eez. It's no doubt all that re-circulated air in planes that just swirls the germs around. I have not had a cold in 2 years, so I feel totally flummoxed.

A bit chilly here this morning, but it's going up to 70 today and maybe 80 tomorrow, so I cannot complain.

Deb, I have not done PS in ages. I have it on video, not DVD. I am gradually easing back into my weights, but my elbow seems very stable and like nothing ever happened to it. I can now touch my shoulder and do triceps extensions with ease. Very pleased with my recovery.

Wednesday

Morning all,

It was a night on the couch, so no getting up today for a workout. DH's scan came back clear..
bigavatar_rev15.gif
I don't like the fact that he spoke to the phys assistant, and not the DR. He has an apt with the DR in December so he feels that he can wait and talk to him then.

Josie, You should go with your DH the next time he has to go to Washington. You could lounge around the hotel and work out when you feel like it etc. They have a wonderful Metro transit system that gets you almost anywhere, easy to use. It's beautiful there in the spring and fall. I will be going twice in October. DH is coming with me on the first trip, we will go in on Saturday so we can spend a couple of days together before the meetings start for me on Monday. Then he will do his own site seeing thing. Yes, I got 2 of the lamps. DH actually like them.

Garance, hope the Cold-Eze works. PS is a pretty good 3 day split workout. The only think I skip is the floor portion of the leg workout.

Joan, did you find lights yet?

Valerie, hope you are having a great trip.

Cathy, are you back into the swing of things yet?

Take care,

Hi Ladies,

I'm down another 1.5lbs I'm at 163.5. I got 3 compliments yesterday about my weight. I will not be working out today. I need to go grocery shopping this evening since I did not do it over the weekend.

Deb, I have been to Washington D.C. many times and have done my own thing while my DH has been working. That is why I did not go, my DH came home last night and was exhausted and I know that he will has a ton of work when the gets back to the office. His plane was also delayed by 2 hours.

Josie

I did Jazzercise Dancin' Abs (60 min.) this morning. I almost slept in but decided I felt well enough to work out. I think I am holding this cold at bay with the Cold-eez.

It was gorgeous in Washington D.C.--sunny and 72 degrees--when I arrived. Cambridge England was so changeable. One minute the sun was out, and then suddenly it would be sprinkling. The first day I was there I was worried because it was so cold and windy, but it really calmed down and the weather was decent--high 60s and intermittent sun. It's beautiful here today--79 degrees and sunny. Hope this lasts through the weekend, because it's Convocation on Saturday and we are inducting our new president.

Good for you, Josie, on the weight loss! I'm at 132 currently. I did not put back on the 5 lbs. I lost when I broke my elbow and lost my appetite for a couple weeks. I have been very careful, though, because I thought, "Might as well get something good out of all this pain!" So I am determined to keep those pounds off for good.

The meeting yesterday was AWFUL! One of the major reasons why I will be so happy to retire. My colleagues don't know how to stop beating a dead horse and the discussion of a single issue can go on and on and on interminably. Of course, it did not help that I felt lousy with a sore throat.

Sounds like a great little trip you have planned, Deb! I loved Washington D.C. the times I have been there. So much to see and most of it is free.

CHILLY!!?? did you say chilly? stil hot and humid down here.

deb, i am trying, just have soooo unbelievable tired. i skip floor work alot too, cuz i hate floor work. always have. i'll sub some kind of standing leg work.

today was calorie explosion i love alison & all her w/outs. she puts alot of standing core in them, and i like to stand up. this is a tuff workout. it is hard for me.
yesterday was BBBB, did a couple segment 2x, so actually about 65 min. w/out.

ohhhhh, i forgot lynda, you went to england. you lucky thing. how was it. i love england when we lived there, but i was a child then. may not like it now

congrats, josie

oops, forgot to add that i also added a short (8 m. ) sculpting stick routine, cuz tomrrow is gonna be a short workout. tomorrow am is Bible study, tomorrow nite is the rodeo at our county fair, and friday is the parade and fairgrounds.. so, gonna be busy. see ya'll in a couple days.

Thursday

Good morning all,

No workout again, very tired today. :confused:. I hope to get the 3rd PS workout in tomorrow and run with my cousing on Saturday morning.

Its' supposed to go up to 80 today, hope it does with no rain.

Josie, WTG on the weight loss!:D

Garance, we are at about the same weight. I flucuate a little depending on what I am doing for workouts. When I do weights, I weigh a little more the next day, so I have taken to only weighing the morning after a cardio day. My goal is 125. I have hit 130 when I didn't do any weight workouts for a week. I go to about 3 of those meetings evey week, ugh...I know how you feel. Bought any new shoes lately? shoes.com sent me an e-mail, they have 15% off everything, plus free shipping.

Cathy, you mentioned that you found some land? or a place? do you have to build?

Joan, how goes the remodel?

Take care,

This morning I did Cardio Barre (55 min.). I slow down some of the movements on this one because it's just too frenetic--sort of like P-57 on speed. Good workout for the legs and surprisingly challenging on the upper body with only 2 lb. dumbbells but endless reps.

Deb, I haven't been at 125 since grad school, and I think I would have to starve myself to get there. I am definitely a pear--a short one at 5' 2". Sigh--another meeting this afternoon. I would much rather be outside because it's so beautiful here. I think my cold is not going to get really bad because of the zinc, but I am sneezing an awful lot.

Cathy, I think England is expensive, and I am always confused about their money. All I bought were some gorgeous Christmas cards at the Fitz-William museum (Dante Gabriel Rossetti reproduction), and some postcards reproducing Leonard Baskin's gorgeous stained glass windows in the old Pembroke library.

Deb, I forgot to mention that I bought a new pair of black pumps (Clarks) because Maxie decided the heels on my old ones needed to be shredded. They look like they have scabs! I am also due for a new pair of workout shoes. I replace them about this time every year. I will probably get Rykas.

Finally Friday

Good morning,

Nothing up today, just work, ugh...then the glorious weekend!
Evily.gif

Garance, show me the pumps! which ones did you get? I am a pear shape 5'3 " so we are not far off. I am not starving, just doing the eating plan that I started 7 months ago. I "cheat" once in a while, maybe once a week. Last Saturday night DH and I took a ride and ended up at an ice cream parlor where I had a turtle sundae..yumm...this is definitely not on the diet plan, but hey, you gotta live too right?

Hi to Joan, Josie, Valerie, & Cathy,

what is up with everyone for the weekend?

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, Cathy, and Valerie if you are back--

This morning I did 4 Fast Miles with Leslie (50 min.)

Deb, I bought Diamond Shine in black suede from Clarks. They are 2 inch heels and pretty wide, so I can walk decently in them. No stilettos for me! I somehow managed to not gain weight in Cambridge, even though the meals we had every night were very elaborate and absolutely scrumptious--a far cry from what used to be mocked in British cuisine. I just was careful to eat only half of each course. Yep, you have to have a treat every now and then, but I've learned that you really cannot rely on exercise to lose weight. It's all in the diet, I think.

Busy weekend here with Convocation. I am already tired and stressed. Two more meetings next week. Yesterday's was another case of beating a dead horse. I was still sneezing and watery eyes, too, which may prevent me from going to Convocation tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.