Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/16

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I did KCM's Plateau Buster pre-mxi, ( Garance, the one that has all the DB work of both workouts, done twice through).

I need to finish Keegan's food, then start on his treats. I have to go get bananas first.

Valerie, have a great trip!

Joan, I know what you mean about time...it just flies away.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Deb and any later posters--

I did the 42 min premix on KCM's Plateau Buster where she alternates between the two routines twice. This makes the cardio a bit more challenging.

We went out to the Mexican restaurant we were intending to go to last weekend. MMMMM! Enchiladas in a chipotle sauce. I couldn't eat it all, so I brought back half and had it for lunch today. I'm going to see Ruby Sparks this afternoon. Sounds a bit fanciful--a writer imagines the perfect girlfriend, and suddenly she's there!

So, Deb, Homeland is about a CIA agent named Carrie, played by Claire Danes, who has learned from a source about to be hanged that Al Quaeda has "turned" an American POW. When Nicholas Peabody, a marine sniper who has been missing for 8 years, is discovered in an Al Quaeda safe house after a firefight, he is returned home, and Carrie is suspicious and, illegally, puts him under surveillance in his home. She's right (we know this from his flashbacks), but can she prove it? Lots of complications--especially with Peabody's family, a wife and two kids, one a difficult teenager--but also with Carrie, who, unbeknownst to the CIA, has a "mood disorder" and is taking an anti-psychotic drug that her sister secretly provides. So, I have watched the first three episodes and am hoping to get the next 3 soon from Netflix.

Beautiful fall-like weather here.

Good morning!

CC # 3 done, headed to the shower, breakfast, dogs walked etc etc....

Garance, we are getting beautiful fall weather too. The trees in the Catskills were actually starting to change color. Really early, probably the stress of the draught. Thanks for the info on Homeland.. Since I do not do Netflix, I wouldn't be able to catch up.

Well it's back to work for me. I am going to try to stop complaining about it, and just look forward to next year.

Take care,

I Deb and any later posters--

This morning I did the 44 min. premix that has both workouts on KCM's Cardio Quick Fix.

I enjoyed Ruby Sparks even though the premise is totally fanciful and it does turn a bit dark toward the end before a final sweet ending.

Deb, maybe you can buy the first season of Homeland on ebay like you did with Downton Abbey. DH is thinking of doing that because it's so good and he can't watch it as quickly as I do (he goes to be bed really early and gets up really early).

We bought Max somewhere in the Catskills--cannot remember what town, maybe Cairo or Rome?--Max's farm was close to.

Hi to Josie! and hope your vacation is going well, Valerie.

Hi Ladies,

I did a Sculptworks/TRX class on Saturday and went spinning on Sunday. The weather here has been very hot. Our hot weather usually starts in September and so does the fire season. It has been in the high 90’s with high humidity, we are usually in the low 70’s. I was melting over the weekend ;)

I will be going to yoga tonight. My loud co-worker has been gone since last Thursday and will not be back until Wednesday. It has been so peaceful and I have gotten so much work done.

Have a great vacation Valerie!

I will be back later.

Josie

Good morning,

weights.gif
done.
Class was good last night, and we got home a little before 10, so I was able to get up and get a workout in this morning.

Garance, did you like Homeland as much as Downton Abbey? I know it's a completely different type of plot. The town we were in is about 150 miles from NYC.

Josie, are you still doing P90X? I bet it feels so much more relaxing at work without the noisy co-worker. We are getting your summer weather here now, high 60's, low 70's, just beautifyl I love the fall.

I wish Cathe would start filming the new series, so we can get more info on them. I am really looking forward to this one.

Off for more coffee, etc...

Take care,

Hi Deb and Josie--

This morning I did the upper body premix on High Reps (39 min.).

Pouring rain here today, but we need it. Yes, I am really enjoying Homeland, Deb. Can't wait until I get the next disk. If DH buys it, then I won't have to wait. I wonder if she has started filming, because she had some kind of post encouraging people to get in shape for Xtrain. What I am most concerned about is impact. If it turns out that this is a plyometric fest, I will quickly cancel my order.

Josie, I heard about your heat out there--also fires. It sounded pretty awful--like Texas has been. Enjoy your respite from the noisome coworker--almost as good as a vacation!

Gosh, I'm almost done with this third talk. It will feel so good to have nothing I must do for awhile.

Hi Ladies,

I will be spinning at lunch and then taking a sculpt works class at the yoga studio.
I fell of the P90X wagon :( I have not been able to get up at 5: 00 AM and it has
been to hot to do it in the evening. The sculpt class will take care of the weight
training portion of my program.

Garance, it has been nice not having my co-worker here and I have accomplish
so much while she has been gone.

Hi to Joan and Deb!

Josie

Josie I'm glad you are enjoing the quiet.

Yea DS came home early and I was able to get hair cut and colored. Boy did it need it. It's amazing how much better you feel when you look better.

I'm still getting my two days of lifting in each week. I sure wish I could see a difference.

Joan

Good morning,

This morning I did 36 minutes of CC#4. I woke up at 3:50 and decided it was better to get up and do something productive rather than stay and think about work etc.

Garance, I don't think Cathe will have too much impact in the new series. I think the responses to the low impact series was a sign that her following is getting older and she needs to produce workouts for that crowd. I know she will still do some high impact, but like Crossfire and To the Max, I think she will always have low impact options.

Joan, are you still using the trainer at the gym for your workouts? did you settle the issue with the day care there?

Josie, it's great that you can do a workout on your lunch break! I barely get to get home, take care of the dogs, then turn right around and go back. I actually eat lunch at my desk before I leave for "lunch".

It rained almost all day here yesterday, just a misty drizzle, but enough to have the grass starting to turn green again. Nice.

Take care,

Hi Deb, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did the 56 min. low impact premix on Crossfire.

Deb, I hope you're right about the new series. My problem is that I don't think the 39 min. premix on To the Max for us low impact people is all that good. The low impact premix on Crossfire repeats the tabata for more cardio. It just seems kind of expensive when there's a lot of the workout I cannot do. We had a BIG rain and windstorm here. Poor DH had to go out in his rain gear and weight down the chicken shelters or they would be flying all over the pasture.

Joan, are you still doing the treadmill as well as lifting? I know what you mean about taking the time to look better. I always feel better on good hair days.

Hi to Josie!

Good morning,

Took a fall last night in agility class, and I am really lucky I didn't break anything. I did a move wrong, and was running, crossing in front of a tunnel when Keegan came flying out of it. I flew right over him, landed on my face/jaw slamming down on the ground, I must have tried to break the fall with my left hand and it twisted under itself, and hurts like hell right now. Nice abrasion on my chin and my jaw feels like I took one of Cathe's upper cut KB moves. ouch. DH did a full mouth/jaw type exam and it is ok, but painful still.

Garance, I have high hopes for this upcoming series, a mini-STS with cardio workouts for in between. I hope I am not disappointed.

Hi to Josie & Joan,

take care,

Hi Deb, Josie, and Joan--

I went for my follow-up on the vein thing this morning, so I did not exercise. Apparently I will have to do some sclerotherapy on my lower leg, because I still have those spider veins around my ankle. Also another appointment for my left leg.

Deb, that sounds a bit like the time I broke my elbow when I used my right arm to break my fall. Of course, I wasn't flying over anything, I just tripped. Are you sure you shouldn't get an x-ray on your wrist? Take care, lovely lady!

I am finally done with my three talks. Not sure what I should do next, or if I should just lay off for awhile and do some house things--clean my closets, tidy up my gardens, finish a sewing project. Can't make up my mind, because I have been in such a writing routine, and I am somewhat hesitant about giving it up because I have been so productive.

Hi to Josie and Joan!

Good morning,

I slept in today,still a little sore. Looking forward to the weekend.

Garance, what is sclerotherapy? Is that what you already had done? My hand is swollen, but I think it is going to be ok. I can move it etc. Are you going to be doing these talks somewhere in the future? Your list of house things are exactly what I should be doing around here, but don't seem to have the energy for when the weekend comes.

We have the first play of the season tomorrow, what is everyone else doing this weekend?

Happy Friday Ladies,

I will be going to yoga and the TRX/sculpt class tomorrow and yoga on Sunday.

Deb, sorry to hear about your fall and hope that your are feeling better today.
My DD calls me speed bump since I have had so many falls ;)

Garance, cleaning my closet has been on my list of things to do but somehow it never gets done. I just found a place where I can donate my business attire for women who are joining the workforce so, maybe this will motivate me to do it.

Hi to Joan and Valerie!

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie--

This morning I did the 47 min. premix on Cardio Supersets.

No, I had the vein ablation, aka vein closure. For the little veins in my lower calf, they inject something and that's called sclerotherapy. From lazers to needles. October 10 is when they will do the sclerotherapy; then I will make an appointment for closure on my other leg. I will be in Bloomington Indiana at Indiana University from October 23-28 for the Plath symposium there. That's when I will be doing the three talks.

Not sure what we're up to this weekend. DH is so tired from taking a batch of chickens to slaughter (he loads them in the middle of the night when they are calm, and then has a really long drive with his buddy Max), and then he will get up at 4 tomorrow morning to go pick them up. Max gets so excited about the trip that he tends to guard the truck the night before in anticipation and fear that he will be left behind.

That sounds like a great charity, Josie, and given the price of a good suit, a big help for women trying to look good for job interviews.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning,

Up early, could not sleep any later than 5:00. We went for breakfast, now getting my list of things to do together. I have agility class this morning, then the play this afternoon.

Josie, we have a similar charity here, that I have donated suits, etc to as well.

Garance, Max is so cute, and he is exactly in the home that he belongs in. He couldn't have gotten a better home.

Will check back later. When is Valerie back?

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.