Pentagenarians & Beyond! W/B 5/10/09

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!Happy Mother's Day to all you caring. loving people that are Mothers! The hardest job in the world!

I will be MIA for at least a day, maybe longer..We bought a new computer last night and will be bringing in the old one, to have all the stuff moved from one to the new one. I tried doing it myself last night and it didn;t work.
search.gif
I gave up and decided to have the professionals do it.

Did STS # 10 this morning, and thought I was going crazy when Cathe said at the end, well you just finished the last workout in this Meso cycle, have an active rest week next week or something like that...mmm what happened to workouts 11 & 12? strange..

I hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day,

We had Elliot all day and night. She just left. I took yesterday as rest day?

Today is DM and abs with weights as soon as I get the energy.

Joan

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!
Hope everyone had a great day. I saw all my kids today,went out for lunch with the older 2 and both DGD's. My DH is putting in some of the cabinets today.Tomorrow he'll be finishing most of the up and putting in the can lights in ceiling.Tuesday or wednesday counter people coming to measure and start making countertops.All is moving right along.
Deb: Congrats on new computer,hope you don't have too much downtime.
JoanC:Sounds like you'll be able to get a little YOU time in today.
Garance:Wish you lived closer so I could have dinner with you.(Chef Garance)I have no sink or stove right now:(
Josie:Hope you got to relax today and not workout like a energizer bunny.
I have to call my mother now,have a great night~Linny~

It's Monday

Good Morning,

I can't believe I typed this reply on last's weeks thread! see below...

I did anI-Tread this morning, and the core work from the Fit to dance or whatever it is called.. I like that core section a lot.

I am using DH's laptop so it is difficult to type and I keep making mistakes etc, We got the new computer last night, I hope when we hook it up, I can find all my stuff on it. We paid the Geeks at the Geek Squad to do a data transfer for us. They only transfer documents, no programs, we will have to load all those back on..ugh. At least it will be faster.

Joan, what is DM? It doesn't sound like you had too much rest the other day,! maybe you need a rest day from your "rest" day with Ellliot! LOL..

Linny, what a nice Mother's day you had. Are you getting excited about the kitchen getting close to being done? I know when the cabinets were put in for mine, it really started to seem real!

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with the new computer...

Good Morning,

Deb, DM is drill max. I finally did it and abs yesterday so I'm still on schedule.

Today is disc 4 but I will wait until tomorrow to do abs.

No weight lost this week but at least I didn't gain.

Garance did you see that they have now put a "black box" warning on botox.

Linny I hope you get your kitchen back quickly. I would probably use that as an excuse to eat out.

Hi to Josie.

Joan

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I went spinning on Sunday only and started getting my wardrobe ready for my trip. Saturday I could not get up, because I had a bit too much to drink on Friday. Will not do that again, I'm to old for that kind of behavior. We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday by going to a steak house near where our Dentist is. It was very good.

I will be doing my upper body workout when I get home today.

Deb, I mailed you a check today. How do you like the Avon products? I love mine and can already see a diffrence in my skin.

Linny, I'm glad that your kitchen is almost ready and I agree with you. I wish I lived near Garance. We would have some wonderful meals every night.

Joan, I guess taking care of Elliot was your workout for the weekedn.

Garance, How is your book comming along?

Josie

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

Yesterday morning I did disk 22 (45 min.) and the no equipment abs, which is at least 15 min. This morning I pulled out an oldie but goodie--Rhythmic Step--and only had a couple snafus. I will keep this in my cardio for a few weeks until everything goes smoothly again.

I had a very nice weekend. SIL and niece stayed with us and we all went to see another niece in a 6th grade musical Saturday night--"Once on an Island." The niece in the play had a couple of songs and has such a nice clear voice. Grandparents did not really understand what the play was about. In brief it was about French colonial imperialism in the Antilles--peasants vs. snobby French plantation owners. I decided they really did not want to know that. There was also the "gods": Death, Love, the Weather, and Fate. Death looked like a heavy metal rocker. Grandma was not too happy about that. DH and SIL did a late brunch for me and MIL on Sunday: spinach spanakopitas, cheese board, Greek olives, strawberries in framboise liqueur, brownies, wine. It was lovely. It felt strange not to be cooking!

Deb, good luck with your new computer! I decided not to get an upgrade at the college this year because I am afraid of what might happen with so much of my book on Word. Probably nothing, but I think I will wait until next year. Why take a chance.

Linny, it sounds like you had an absolutely lovely Mother's Day too. I bet you will be thrilled when the kitchen is done. I know that I was, but part of it was having the daily invasion of workmen.

Josie, the book is coming along. I still want to have a complete ms. by the end of my leave. Two publishers are interested--both academic presses. My last book did get a British commercial press for the paperback edn.

Joan, what's a black box? Will I die of belated botulism? I think I am with Lauramax on botox. It really did get rid of my frown line--the furrow between my brows. It really hasn't come back, either.

Garance,

Black box warning was supposed to be the highest warning. I guess for some people the botox migrated and caused problems.

Back again,

Just finished disc 4. Still mostly knee pushups but I think my form is much better. I was surprised that this week some of my weights I increased more than on wo card while last week I reduced some. Maybe I was weak last week and should have left it alone.

Joan

Hi Ladies:
Another crazy work week. Over the weekend a dementia patient was seen groping another dementia resident. A couple of residents fell,nothing serious but lots of paperwork that needed to be done.
Friday I have to go see dermotologist regarding an area on my face.My grandmother had melanoma on her face and I don't want to take any chances.
Deb: Hope you are able to transfer all the necessary programs. All the cabinets are in now.Tomorrow granite company will be coming to draw up templates.My ex brotherinlaw is a plumber so he'll be hooking up the sink and stove on wednesday.Things are moving right along,so glad my DH isn't a procrastinator.
Garance:Your mother's day meal sounds delicious! Sounds like you had a great day. I tried to call my mother last night,but the line was busy.I have 4 brothers and a sister so I'm sure it was one of them.
JoanC:It is nice not having to cook everyday for a change.Tonite we had turkey burgers on the grill with a tossed salad.Used mostly paper products,just had to wash a few in the bathroom sink. Hooray for no weight gain,I hope I don't gain this week.
Josie:What products do you use from Avon? I've been using Cover/Olay foundation that Garance mentioned.I love the way it goes on so smoothly.I drank a little too much friday night too.Tummy was a upset in the morning:p
Have a great night ladies~Linny~

Tuesday & computer frustration!

Good Morning,

Well DH spent 2 hours setting up my new computer last night, and I can't find any of the documents that supposedly the Geek Squad that I paid to transfer them from the old computer to this one worked on! I am so mad right now I could spit!:mad::mad:.

No workout today, a horrible night's sleep. DH has a terrible cold so he was coughing a lot, and he ended up going downstairs, but is was still not good. A least it was a cardio day, not sts.

Enough complaining Deb!

Joan, glad you are liking STS so far. I do all push ups on my knees..there are just too many.

Josie, are you done packing for your trip? how long will you be gone? where are you staying in NY? I like the Avon products, right now I am back using Murad Essential C. I like to switch around, it's probably not a good thing to do.

Garance, wow you really had a nice brunch, all done for you and everything! It looks like cooking is a family favorite pastime! I went to my Derm DR on Friday and he removed a small brown spot. I was looking at a treatment called Thermage..no needles, no peeling etc. $2750 for your whole face and it could last up to a year. I have the brochure, was going to do some internet research. I don't think I would venture into Botox, after all the stuff coming out.

Linny, let us know what your Derm Dr says. Are they spots? I have brownish type spots, and he said he could remove with chemical peel, but wants me to wait until fall because aferwards, you are not supposed to go in the sun for 2 months. Scary about the patients!..I think that is awful, but I guess if you are there all the time, you see things and know about things like that happening.

Gotta run.have a great day!

This morning I did disk 23 (50 min.) for legs and added on the medicine ball for abs (10 min.).

I am reading this really compelling book: The Help. Yesterday I could barely put it down and did not get much writing done. Naughty!

Deb, DH and his sister really had a good time cooking together. I, on the other hand, like to be alone in the kitchen. I turn on NPR and cook and listen. Very relaxing for me. Sorry you are having so many problems with your computer. I am not a techie, so I sympathize. Hope you do not catch your DH's cold!!! If he set up your computer, you better take care.

Linny, you always have adventures at work. You should be in a reality series. 24 managed to get exciting again after a couple rather confusing episodes. Jack's daughter Kim is going to be a big problem again.

Hi to Josie and Joan!

Joan, I just googled the botox black box warning. The article I found said that the cases of botulism were the result of injections for cerebral palsy in children to prevent spasms. No cases of serious side effects have been reported in people who use it for cosmetic purposes. This was at webmd.com.

Hi Ladies,

I will be going to a free class with my walking partner. One of her clients is a trainer and told her that he wanted us to take his class and the he will show us how to loose those extra pounds. I will keep you posted. I do not want to spend any more money than I already spend on my gym memebership.

Linny, I use the ANEW products from Avon. My DM has been using them for years and hes skin is beautiful. Deb found them cheaper on E-Bay. It sounds like your job is never boring.

Deb, I have not packed yet, but I pressed everything that I migh want to take. My DH packs for me. I just give him my stuff and he takes care of the rest.

Garance, What is the book about? I love to buy a new book everytime I go on a trip and I usually buy it at the airport.

Hi Joan!

Josie

Deb, We are staying at The Westin in Manhattan and we are leaving on Thursday and returning on Monday the 18th.

Good Evening,

I just finished Low Max before midnight. Thank heavens I got it in. Today was an Elliot day so I had to take a nap after she left.

Josie have a good trip.

Garance That's what I get from seeing snippets of news. You don't get the whole story.

Deb Sorry about your computer. I know very little about computers but I have a client that takes my computer and puts on programs and everything else when I get a new one. The only problem I had is his spelling. When I typed in the password I couldn't get in. When we figured it out it was just his spelling thankfully it was an easy fix.

Hi Linny

Joan

It's Wednesday!

Good Morning!

Finally got the computer up and running. We had to take it back yesterday with the old one because apparently they never did transfer any of the files etc from the old to the new. Thye had it 6 hours on Sunday, called and told us it was ready. When we set it all up Sunday night there was nothing there...:mad:..They spent about an hour on it while I stood watching them this time. Well it is done now and I am happy with it. I am not sure I like this monitor though. It's one of those wide flat screens, I had a flat screen, but it was more like a square.

Garance, I watched Monday's DWTS show, but not the results yet. I will watch them tonight. I am pretty sure I know who is going but you can be surprised. I was surprised that Lil Kim got voted off, so who knows. I am really trying not to get this cold DH has. Your cooking sounds like when I am quilting. The time goes by and I don;t even know it. I have not quilted in quite a while. What is the book about?

Josie, yes please tell us whatever this trainer tells you about losing those extra pounds,. I can use all the help I can get! Your DH packs for you? You lucky girl! Does he travel a lot? have special ways to keep things nice while squashed in a suitcase? It's great that you will be staying right in the heart of things in NY! That should be fun.

Joan, LowMax at midnigh..mmm..I guess I get the same feeling about that as some people when I tell them I do STS at 4:00 am..LOL!

Linny, how is the Atkins going? Are the cupboards all in now?

Have a great day!

This morning I did a new cardio: Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge (70 min.). She does 6 intervals--2 with a med ball, 2 with a bodybar, and 2 just kickbox.

The book I am reading is by Kathryn Stockett: The Help. Takes place in segregated Jackson, Mississippi in 1962-3 during the civil rights struggle as a backdrop. But it's really about black maids and the white women who hire them. Three major characters: Skeeter--a nickname for a tall, thin 23 year old white woman with writing aspirations, who gets caught up in the lives of the black maids and decides to tell their stories. She must keep it a secret, though, because both her family and her friends assume that they are different and better than the black people who work for them. A couple of her friends are especially racist and one of them is a vindictive busybody. The other two characters are black maids: Aibileen and Minnie and each of them works for a white woman who is seen through their eyes. All first person narrators. Anyway, I can hardly put it down.

Don't worry, Deb, I won't tell you what happened on DWTS. I have a very good friend who quilts and makes beautiful things. She, too, finds it exquisitely soothing. Anybody can cook, but quilting is an art. Maybe when I retire I will try my hand at it.

Josie, yes, yes, please tell us what your trainer says. I saw Jillian Michaels this morning on the Today Show with the winner on the biggest loser. She is 48 years old, and Michaels said that she has some special way of helping women lose weight despite the slowing down of metabolism as we get older. I am thinking maybe I should buy her book.

Hi to Linny and Joan!

Hi Linny, Deb, Josie and Garance,

I did yoga abs and disc 5.

I can't believe how long it took to clean off my desk so I could try to get some work done. I found a deposit dated April 16 that I had not taken to the bank:eek:. I'm hoping to finish all the payroll tax returns due this month and all my individual tax return ext. by June 1.

I need to change cardio tomorrow. I previewed CK and my joints would not forgive me if I did it.

Thursday is dentist appointment. DH is staying home until I get back to take care of Elliot. I better get to bed. I need all the sleep I can get with Elliot.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.