Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/6

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I did the first workout of the Beach Body 21 Day program; Total Body Cardio Fix. It was tough, but they have a modifier, so that makes it good. I did most of the workout following the regular people, then when the impact was too much, I followed the modifier.

Lori, You should be proud when you accomplish a home improvement project! John and I put in a Unilock stone patio ourselves here as well, but we have since replaced it with stamped concrete. ( we did not do this ourselves!).. I still can't believe we bought the Unilock bricks about 10 miles from our house, and only had a Saab to haul them with...I think it took us 10 trips to get them all to the house. The loading and unloading was a workout for sure. Keeping your brother in my thoughts.

Valerie, glad you are finally going on that vacation trip! Also keeping your friend in my thoughts...

Hi to Lynda, Josie & Judy.

Have a great "rest of the weekend"!

Hi Ladies,

I plan on being a couch potato today :). The ride was beautiful and the weather was perfect for it. My right knee is a little sore and my under carriage is a bit sore, but that is expected since I did 30 miles more than my training up to now.

My DF's brother passes away last Wednesday, he was my dads oldest brother and the last one of his side of the family. The funeral is next Friday. I feel very bad for my dad, they were very close.

Valerie, have a great trip. Things usually break down here to whenever we plan a vacation :(. It never fails. Sending my prayers to your friend.

Lori, I like kale and lenguiza soup. We can get it anywhere in LA. Sending prayers to your brother to. The waiting is the worst!

Deb, glad that you stared your new program. My DH is not a handyman and we usually have to call someone to fix things around the house.

Hi to Garance and Judy!

Josie

Hi Deb, Josie, Valerie, Lori, and Judy--

This morning I did RK with 1 lb. gloves (55:16).

Deb, that's wonderful that you like your new workouts. I think Rachel Ray has some recipes that use linguica sausage, because I remember buying it for a recipe. I also like kale soup with DH's hot sausage and black beans.

Josie, that is so impressive that you did over 100 miles! You totally deserve a day of couch potatodom. That was, of course, what my dear sil was trying to do when she was killed. Sorry for your loss of a dear uncle.

Valerie, have fun on your trip to Utah!

Lori, I will keep your brother in my thoughts. I'm sure the waiting must be so anxious.

Hi to Judy!

Good morning,

Today I did Upper Body Fix from the Beach Body program. It looks easier than it is.

Here we are, the start of another week of Winter in April. It was supposed to be in the 50's yesterday, but I don't think it got there. It was sunny...but cold.

Josie, so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Great job on the ride! Yes, you deserve a rest day after that. :)

Lynda, thanks for the info on Rachael Ray. We just heated it up in a pan, and I mixed it with mixed vegetables. John had it on a soft roll. It was good. I put it in MyFitnessPal (4 oz) and it came up as 500 calories, just the meat alone. Yikes.

Hi to Lori, Judy and Valerie,

Work, then class tonight...take care,

This morning I did XTrain Legs (51:45). I can't do the walking lunges on this one--bad for my knees and not enough workout space. So I do back lunges for 3 counts on each leg until she's done. I also did a 2 mile walk with Max after dinner last night.

Orgy of TV watching last night. GOT was terrific, and Arya has Sting back. Then Veep which is hilarious.

Deb, yesterday was beautiful here--60s and sunny. Today started out nice, but it's clouding up and it looks like a lot of rain. I still remember, though, in 1982, shortly after we moved into our house with a little baby (born on January 29) that we had a terrific blizzard. So, I am grateful nothing like that is predicted.

DH is gearing up for baby chicks. Sooooo cute.

Arya's sword is Needle, not Sting. Sting belongs to Frodo. I have my fantasy characters mixed up. Hah!

Good afternoon ladies!

No workout this morning. Slept terrible last night. May or may not workout tonight. Yesterday was an hour of heavy bag plus walked chester 2.5 miles. I am ok if today is a rest day.

Lynda...I have not watched GOT's yet. It's killing me. I of couse know what happens because I read the books but seeing it is just great!!!

Starting to get cloudy here too. Lots of rain coming our way.

My DreamBody dvd's were delivered today! They will have to wait till the weekend before I try them out. I like to review my workouts before I actually do them.

Deb...glad you like the new workouts. They seem to be getting good reviews.

Josie...so sorry about your Uncle. Prayers coming your way.

Hi to Valerie and Judy!!!

Good morning,

No workout today, taking it as a rest day. Dragging this morning. We didn't get home until around 10:00, and I had a lousy nights sleep. It's going to be a long day.

Lynda, I don't like the walking lunges on that one either...I did the shorter premix last week and was thinking the same thing while I was doing them...this is going to bother me...and they did. Are you still watching Veronica Mars? I put it in my Watch List on Amazon, but haven't started it yet. oh...baby chicks! Max will have another job to do.

Lori, you had Sunday Night Sleep and I had it last night. Where are you seeing reviews of the BB workouts? Over on Total Fitness? I would like to see what others think of them.

Hi Judy, Josie, & Valerie,

Work, then home to crash.

Take care,

Hi Ladies,

Today is body pump. I went and got a Chinese foot massage yesterday and the guy hit every nerve that was tight due to the long ride. It felt so good! During the ride in June we have chiropractors and massage therapists available to us and you better believe that I take advantage ;)

Garance, what good books have you read lately?

Deb, I used to hate not being able to sleep Sunday nights. My system is great now, I get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep because I have no work related stresses.

Judy, collage probably had to get rid of their old inventory and said they were closing. I see it done here at clothing stores all the time.

Lori, I loved the first episode of GOT. You are going to enjoy it.

Josie

This morning I did Jazzercise Hiit (47 min.).

Deb, I have watched 7 episodes from the first season of Veronica Mars, and I like it. Each episode has its own story, but there is also a whole overarching plot line that won't be resolved until the end of the season. She is a plucky young heroine.

Josie, I have been reading Peter Robinson mysteries and re-reading Sylvia Plath's Journals, which are really interesting. Problem, though, because Ted Hughes, her husband 'lost' the journal covering the last months of her life, and a journal started in the final weeks of her life he says he burned. One of those many controversies surrounding his handling of her work. I have never heard of a Chinese foot massage--sounds intriguing. I agree about GOT--great episode--and next week is the wedding!

Judy, thanks for the heads up on Collage.

Lori, it sounds like some great weather is headed our way. About time!

Crazy day this morning.

Woke up and did T25 total circuit. At 5:30am I go to give my dogs their daily meds. I gave nilla (chihuahua) hers then went to give chester (lab) his and turned my head and nilla jumped and ate chesters thinking it was for her. Needless to say there is 100lb weight difference between the two and we ended up in the emergency room for nilla to induce vomiting then tons of meds. Due to the dosage and medication it would cause kidney issues and stomache ulcers. I was balling like a baby knowing that I got distracted and caused this. My poor baby. She is fine now just a little tired from her day and all the meds she is now on for a few days.

When we came home at about 11am (we got there within 20 minutes from me giving her the pill as the hospital is right in town) we both took a much needed nap!

Very strange about the Collage Site. I am happy they will be back but at same time wonder what the heck happened?

Judy...I bought a foam roller on amazon. Thinking my husband will get some good use out of it. The people I know that use them rave about them.

Josie..the foot massage sounds really really nice!!

Lynda...today ended up really nice here. Although I never got to enjoy it. :(. For reading I have been reading with my brother (the one going for surgery) about the US Presidents. We finished A Life Of Washington and now we are on John Adams. I love everything about our founding fathers.

Deb...how is the 21 day going? I think it was video fitness where I read people are liking it.

Hi to the vacationing Valerie!

Lori-I hope Nilla is ok. I can see how easily something like that could happen. It's really good you were able to get to the e-vet so quickly.

Good morning,

Lower Body Fix done, this was a good one, you can make it as tough or easy as you want just by upping the weights. Good lower body moves.

Judy, thanks for posting the Collage link. Maybe someone bought the business from the owners. I'm glad they're back.

Josie, I am not sure what a Chinese foot massage is, but whatever it is, it sounds heavenly. Don't rub it in on the retirement! LOL..

Lynda, I will start watching Veronica Mars soon...right now I am addicted to The Good Wife, watched 2 episodes last night. Is Peter Robinson the series character or the author?

Lori..oh No! poor little Nilla! I have done similar, put Keegan's food bowl down (which is prescription food) in front of Kylee when putting the bowls down, but realized right away and grabbed them up quickly. But the food would not hurt her if she ate the whole thing, maybe a stomach upset. If you ever need to make them vomit in a hurry, give them a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide. You have to force it down but it works every time. I got that from the Poison Control Center. Kelsey was outside, found a bottle of brake fluid and was playing with it in the grass. When I went out there and found her with it, the top was off and it was empty. I didn't know if she got any or not. I called the Poison Control center and that is what they told me to do. They made sure I understood that this was only for dogs! I hope Nilla is better today. Poor baby. BTW, I did find the thread over at videofitness...thanks. It's going well.

Work, then home to crash. I sure wish it would get a little warmer. It's 32 right now. What happened to spring?

Take care,

Hi Ladies,

I will be going spinning today for one hour. The masseuse starts at the forehead and works on your head applying pressure to certain points that releases pressure on your sinuses, then he moves to your shoulders and gets rid of all the knots then the arms an hands. That part felt wonderful because of the long ride on Saturday. Then he worked on my feet and legs for 30 minutes and that released all the lactic acid, then I turned over and he worked on my back lower back and hips applying pressure with his elbows and all of this for $25. I gave him a good tip because he did a a great job.

Lori, hope Nilla is doing well.

Garance, thank you for the info on the books. I love mysteries!

Hi to Deb, Judy and the traveling Valerie!

Josie

This morning I did XTrain ch, ba, sh (51:16).

Lori, I hope Nilla is okay now. What a scare! I loved the bio of John Adams. I also enjoyed the PBS series based on the bio. I could not believe how much travel he did by ship and really was amazed about all the letters by Abigail. Cokie Roberts has a book about first ladies that I have been thinking about reading.

Deb, Peter Robinson is the author. His detective is named Banks. The writing is actually pretty high caliber and the mysteries are very well-plotted.

Josie, that massage sounds so relaxing.

Hi to Judy and Valerie!

Good evening ladies.

Nilla is doing very well. Thank you all for asking. What a scare and I really beat myself up for allowing myself to get distracted and that's when the mistake happened.

Deb...the posion center advised against the peroxide because of her seizures. She has had epilipsy since she was 5. Inducing vomiting could bring on a siezure and that is what we do not want when she is vomiting. While at the hospital she did have a siezure (I am sure stress related) but it was after the vomiting. Sorry if too much info! What a scare with the brake fluid. Glad you are liking your new workouts.

Yesterday evening I tried out one of the Dream Body workouts and did Barta Barre. This completely wiped me out! I had done a T25 in the morning then all the stress with Nilla. This workout was 30 minutes of Tabata drills then 30 minutes of really tough Barre. I am still drained today and decided to take a rest day.

Lynda...I loved the John Adam series so much so that I watched it twice and I am loving the book just as much. Agree with you about the travel and the letters. Loved that he called Abigal "my friend". I am really looking forward to reading Jefferson too.

Josie...that is a wonderful massage for $25 and for 30 minutes! Amazing.

Hi to Judy and Valerie!

Good morning,

Today I did the Beach Body Pilates Fix workout. 33 minutes. I have not done Pilates in years, it was pretty good. I had to follow the modifier on a couple of moves, but I could still feel it.

Josie, an hour massage for $25 is sure a deal! I pay more to have Keegan get a massage...I know...crazy dog owner!

Lynda, I checked out those books, thanks for the tip. I will put them on the "list" for future reads.

Lori, glad to hear Nilla is doing better. I had no idea that you should not give dogs the peroxide if prone to seizures....good to know.

Hi to Judy and the vacationing Valerie,

We are going to my brothers for dinner tonight...there goes the sensible eating.

Take care,

Hi Ladies,

I did body pump today, they came up with a new routine # 89 It was ok, it did not feel as intense as the previous workouts, so that only means one thing. I need to increase the weight. A lady came out to me on Tuesday and told me that I was very strong :). These workouts a really paying off.

We are going to my uncles wake tonight and funeral is tomorrow.

Deb, I don't think you are crazy. I would have spent a lot of money on Astro if I needed to.

Lori, glad that Nilla is doing well.

Judy, how is your FIL doing?

Garance, what is your SIL's name? I will ride day 2 (109 miles)of Aidslifecycle in her honor and complete the century for her. I have ribbons on my bike with the names of loved ones that are no longer with us and these angels push me through the rough patches on the ride.

Hi to Valerie!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.