Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/3

This is a discussion on Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/3 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Happy Friday! I was hoping that the chatty Kathy’s were going to be out today, but the showed up. One ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Cathlete

Happy Friday!

I was hoping that the chatty Kathy’s were going to be out today, but the showed up. One is sick and brought her germs in and the other one is behind on his work, so here he is .

I did my recovery cardio DVD. I ended up taking the day off yesterday when I realized that I did not take a day off last week.

Garance, the wine was red and 2 glasses were about 8 ounces total. I will not be having that again. I will stick to my Friday Manhattan

Deb, I have next Friday off and was hoping that you would be there so that I could meet you in person. Maybe next time.

Valerie, don’t rush on my account. Send them whenever.

Lori, Insanity is a bit repetitive, but he does change the sequence on every DVD. Next week is the max insanity DVD’s which are a bit longer than the first months workouts. I will need to get up earlier.

Hi to Joan!

Josie
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Cathlete

Good morning all,

I haven't done anything but my gym twice a week since I got over flu/virus. I just didn't have the energy to get back in the rotation and now that I feel better I am swamped with work. That will get manageble later. I will have just as much work but they won't want their returns as quickly later (no refunds)

Now I have an ice pack on my knee. Yesterday was lower body and I was lifting heavy. No didn't get hurt on the dead lifts, not the dozens of lunges or the 4 one minute planks. I'm getting up from the floor and twist my knee and could not step down on that leg. I had to get my trainer to get my car and bring it to the door. At least I can walk now but it still hurts.

Joan
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Cathlete

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, Valerie, and Lori--

This morning I did Supercuts (46 min.). I didn't do the add-on core because I did the core work yesterday on Hard Strikes.

So far, no snow, nada, nothing. I think we are going to get hit over night, which is fine with me. So far, it's just the coastal areas and a mix of rain and snow to the south, and it sounds like Boston is in the eye of the storm. I don't think this is the same kind of weather event as hurricane Sandy, Valerie. Instead it's some kind of confluence of three fronts.

Deb, Downton Abbey is, I believe, on episode 4 or 5 next Sunday. Enjoy the sun on your vacation. What a lovely break from winter.

Josie, I love my Manhattans--especially with Knob Creek or Maker's Mark. I think you like Woodford Reserve? I still haven't tried that one because I have one when we go out to dinner, and the local restaurants don't seem to have that bourbon.

Joan, sorry about your knee. My knees are definitely my trouble area too.

Anything yet, Lori? I think you will be hit before we are.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Cathlete

Good afternoon,

It is snowing like crazy here, lots more than it was this morning. Still not really that bad though because there is hardly any wind.

Valerie: this is almost exactly like the one we have, however ours does not have a water filter. They must have added that on to the new models.
Cuisinart Webstore Grind & Brew™ 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker. We got it at Bed Bath & Beyond, using a 20% off coupon so it was pretty reasonable. I love the coffee it makes.

Garance, too funny that you are not getting the snow that the "experts" predicted. It's like a winter wonderland here. I forget that the first episode on TV was 2 hours and on the DVD it is split into 2 episodes...

Joan, too bad about your knee....also my weak body part. Mine is actually the tendon right behind the knee...not sure what that is or what I did to make it that way.

Josie, I wish I was there longer to be able to meet you too! Like you said, maybe some time in the future..

Lori? are you at home or stuck at work? I hope you didn't get hit really hard with snow.

I guess I should start looking at my summer clothes and deciding what I am going to bring...that's the part I hate the most....packing!

Later...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Cathlete

too funny Deb... I have almost the same one except it doesn't grind beans. it had a water filter but I never used it. looks very similar. I've had it a LONG time. just keeps on working. occasionally the display blanks and one of these times it probably won't come back on.

Hope you can get to the airport OK and that your flight doesn't get cancelled. check ahead to be sure! Palm springs probably sounds pretty good right now.

Joan, sorry about the knee.... hope you didn't do a mensical tear! my knees work pretty well yet, but I'm getting more careful, the more stories I hear.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

Hi all!!!

Hard Strikes this morning and I added in cario kicks power drills at the end. Love combining these two. Gives me about a 45 min workout.

Our office closed today at Noon and the roads were a little slippery but not bad. It is now 5:30pm and boy it is getting ugly out there. Our Gov. has banned driving after 4pm. My husband is staying at a hotel tonight rather than make the long drive home and then back in the morning. Which is a relief. So it is me and my son to tackle the storm and I feel we are prepared as we can be. While at work I was putting supercuts on my ipad incase we lose power I will still be able to do my workout tomorrow (if I am not exhausted from shoveling). My coworkers laughed and said most people are worried about power and having flashlights and you are worried about missing your workout!! Was pretty funny.

Have a good night and I will update you all in the morning!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Cathlete

Good morning and Happy Weekend!

Lots of snow overnight....John read that the top 2 areas for snow were Niagara Falls ( right around the corner from us), and Portland Maine....figures....We probably have a total of 18 inches...he is out there snow blowing right now.

We have a memorial service at 10:00...then I have a hair cut at 2:00....then I have about 3 hours of ironing to get my wrinkled summer clothes looking halfway decent before I pack them, and then take them out and iron them again at the hotel...ugh...

Hope everyone has a good day and stay warm!!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Cathlete

Deb, it has not been very warm in Palm Springs, so bring a coat and sweaters.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Cathlete

Thanks Josie....I did see that on the weather...although it said it is going to be around 65-70 most days, going up on Wednesday...still better than 16!

I don't see anyone from Ma here....I hope they didn't lose power...
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Cathlete

Checking in ... 40 and drizzling outside. typical for Feb. Deb, hope you have a good trip and that your flight isn't cancelled or delayed. definitely need fleece (or something) for morning and evenings!

Josie, I sent you a PM and shipped the shoes yesterday.

I signed up for 3 months on weight watchers . I'm getting nowhere fast. just holding in place, not gaining or losing. ooking thru the program I think I'm doing very close to their recommendations but I'll add up points and see if I'm going astray somewhere. I've been eating well without any "junk" but that doesn't seem to help.

Did the first disk, chest, shoulders, back yesterday plus the ab workout. need to do something today, maybe tris, bis, and then cardio tomorrow.