Pentagenarians & Beyond! W/B 2/22

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning All!

Today I did Disk 4, Chest, Biceps and Shoulders. I am liking this series a bit more, now that the exercises are repeating and I can have the equipment ready to do them. I decided to not do them twice, I think I will run through the series, then maybe either do it again from the beginning or repeat the Meso cycle I liked the best.

Garance, I hope you are able to get the bands to work..did you get the tubing with the weighted end? the ones that go over the door then you close the door? That is what I am using until the pull up tower comes out.

Weather is very cold here, light snow, no big deal though. Mexico is sounding better and better!

Have a great day!

Hi Deb and any later posters--

This morning I did disk 4 for the second time (55 min.) plus the abs with no equipment (18 min.).

I have the tubing Deb, but it's just not very hard to pull down for me. At least these bands are more resistant.

It's snowing/slushing here as well.

So here are my predictions for tonight: Slumdog Millionaire, Mickey Rourke (or maybe Sean Penn), Kate Winslet, Heath Ledger, and the black woman from Doubt. Director: Danny Boyle. Editing and cinematography: Slumdog. Costumes and makeup: Benjamin Button. Musical score: Slumdog. Not sure about the screenplay--Slumdog for the original and Doubt for adaptation.

Happy waning weekend!

Hi Ladies:
Seems pretty quiet on the posts today. We were suppose to get 3-6 inches of snow today.So far its just been rain:).We cancelled going to my son's apt due to snow,his girlfriend was going to have a birthday party for him.Well it worked out for the best anyway,they had a big fight yesterday and things would have been a bit uncomfortable there.
Deb and Garance: You guys sound like you are really getting into the STS program.I did elliptical today and yesterday did Powermax.I need to get motivated and get rid of this fat.My DH is still having problems finding work so looks like I'll have to pay April and May's mortgage payment.I may have to pick up working a night shift on weekends to make ends meet.Its going to suck working 5 days then probably working friday night 11-7:(.Hope I can handle it mentally and physically.
Saw Shopololic this weekend,it was cute.Not an award winning.
Have a great night~Linny~

Hi ladies,

Saturday I did Drill Max premix 3 and today was disc 3 legs. Not completely on schedule but I feel it's a 100% better than last try.

It will probably be a month before I have a minute to plan meals. I guess I hope I stay the same.

Linny sorry about your soon to be long hours. At least I know when my extra hours will end.

Deb glad you are back to sts. I do disc 4 tomorrow.

Joan

Ugh! It's Monday...

Good Morning all,

Yep it's Monday already, where does the weekend go? Today I did an I-Tread and the abs from Fit To Dance. Those are really good, without a lot of crunches etc. Still no real snow here..I am hoping that we are through with all the heavy stuff, I can hope can't I?:rolleyes:

Garance, I have not seen any of the movies so watching the Oscars would not mean a lot to me. We watched 2 episodes of House instead. :)

LInny, you are right it was quiet around here yesterday. DH and I went to Mexican lunch, then to Borders. Not sure if you have them where you are..they are like a bigger Barnes & Noble. I had a FF latte and looked at fitness mags, while DH shopped for CD's. I hope you are able to fit in an extra night until your DH gets some work. I wished you lived closer, I would have him do work here. It is hard to find someone you can trust, that is reliable.

Joan, I am sure you will be fine until tax season is over...I see you were posting in the middle of the night again!:eek:

Josie, hope you had a nice weekend.

Stay warm everyone..it's almost spring!

Joan, I

Hi Ladies,

I just got bad new this morning. Another friend has died of breast cancer, she lived in Merced CA and left behind a 5 year DD. Her parents have full custody of her now and will be taking care of her. She fought the cancer for 3 years, but it beat her.

I have not worked out since Thursday and had my GS's this Saturday, so I did babysitting max all of Saturday. I did not have the energy to get up and go spinning on Sunday and my running like I had planed. I also started caughing yesterday and had a hard time sleeping last nigh. I don't know if I will work out when I get home.

Sorry for being such a downer today.

Josie

Hi Josie, Linny, Deb and Garance,

Another busy day today. Just checking in between appointments.

Official weigh in-162lbs I lost 1 lb for total of 11 lbs.:D I think maybe eating more works with increased wo.

Josie I'm so sory for your loss. It's even worse when someone is so young.

I'll check in later with wo.

Joan

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did 5 miles with Leslie (65 min.).

I stayed up too late last night watching the Oscars. It was, as usual, TOO LONG. I also missed having a comedian as MC, so when Steve Martin and Tina Fey were presenting, I kept thinking, why not have them next year? They were funny! I also liked Danny Boyle's acceptance speech. He prefaced it by boinging up and down and explained that he told his daughters when they were little that if he ever received an Oscar, he would behave like Tigger.

We did get quite a bit of very wet snow yesterday, and then it turned sharply colder, so it's crunch city here today, with wind blowing hard and driving the wind chill down into single digits. Blech! Blech! and more Blech! Deb, I just think spring is waaay off, but then, you didn't get the wet stuff we did.

Oh, that's too bad, Linny, about more work for you. There still seems to be a fair amount of construction going on around here, so maybe things will pick up in the spring when people start thinking about home projects.

Joan, that's great about your weight loss. I still have lost only a half-pound since the year began. But I'm not trying very hard.

Josie, so sorry about your friend. She must have been pretty young, too, with a daughter only 5. Don't apologize for being down. I think we all would be too.

Hi Ladies:
I can't wait till I know my way around my new job.It seemed like today I got no where fast.I felt like I was chasing after answers all day long and didn't get anything done.The scheduler was out today and she didn't post tomorrow's schedule.The other unit manager and myself looked to see who were the nurses for tomorrow and discovered that we were missing 3 nurses.I quess the scheduler figured she'd be in today and take care of it.The Director was not happy about schedulers screw-up.
Deb:We got some heavy snow last night.My DH's snowblower couldn't go through the end of driveway it was packed.Looks like the rest of the week will be in the mid 40's.We had Barnes and Noble here,but I have been to a Borders a few towns away. They are pretty huge compared to B&N.
Garance:Send some construction this way please.I don't want to work anymore time than 5 days a week.I'm used to working 4 days and this 5 day schedule is throwing me for a loop.I did watch a little of the Oscar's but I tried not to watch too much because then I wouldn't go to sleep.
Josie:So sorry to hear about your friend,how old was she? Thats so sad leaving a 5yr old daughter behind.My Director told me today that her cousin's wife died over the weekend from breast cancer and she was only 38 yrs old.
JoanC:Sounds like you're enjoying STS too.Congrats on your weight loss.You Go Girl!!
Have a great night~Linny~

Tuesday & It's Freezing Here!

Good Morning all!

It's 9 degrees here right now..WTH happened? I thought spring was on it's way...:rolleyes:..

Today I did 1/2 of disk 6- Legs. I think I am going to do each week twice, But instead do half the workout the first week and the other half the next week. This lets me keep the workouts to around 35 minutes, and gets rid of the dread factor for me. I can also add another cardio on Sunday that way, and get some ab work in.

Josie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family. It sounds like you are coming down with something. Your body is telling you that you should rest.

Joan, High 5's on the weight loss! Maybe you have hit on something, maybe you needed more calories, along with the workouts. I think that is true, sometimes people diet and put their bodies in "starvation" mode where it hangs on to every calorie because it isn't getting enough. I never have that problem!:rolleyes:

Garance, that Danny Boyle sounds funny and what a good dad! Now if I only knew who he was! LOL

Linny, sorry work has been hectic for you. I bet that scheduler will get hell when she gets in today. :eek:

Have a great day!

This morning I did disk 5 (58 min.) for back and tris.

I think your plan on STS is a good one, Deb. Make it work for you!

It's cold here, too, Deb, and the wind is still howling. It's supposed to go up into the 30s tomorrow (big deal!) and 40s by Friday (that's better), but I think winter is sticking around for awhile. Danny Boyle is either a Brit or a Scot and he's been around for awhile. He did a film several years ago called Trainspotting about drugs and drug addiction. I think it was Ewan MacGregor's (of Obi Wan Kenobi fame) first film. I thought it was perfectly awful--a lot of ugly stuff with the addiction and desperation, and I couldn't understand them because of the heavy Scottish accent. Anyway.....

Linny, is your DH still working on your home projects? Or is he just waiting for someone to contact him with a job? I feel like such a layabout. I don't go in to my office until 11, I eat my lunch in my office while doing some reading, I write for a couple hours, go the library for an hour or so, and then I go home and cook. Relaxing evening with DH or knitting, watching TV. Next week, though, I may have to show up for jury duty. UGH!

Hi to Joan and Josie!

Hi Ladies:
Well today I had to work as a charge nurse because they couldn't find a nurse to come in on such a short notice.Thank God I had a med tech,one less thing I had to deal with. Went in at 7am and left at 330pm,those are the hours of a regular charge nurse.I wasn't about to stay any longer since I had to eat lunch while I was working.
Deb:It was 17 degrees when I got up.No snow in the near future.Your right about schedule being on the sh*t list. Director was none to happy and let her know.Scheduler did thank me for coming in and being charge nurse. My DGD is on vacation this week so she is sleeping over friday night.I haven't seen her since the week before Christmas.
Garance:Sounds like you are really enjoying your sabbitical.Make the most of each day you know how fast they go. I was asked to go to jury duty twice,both times we were having nursing shortage at job.My boss just asked if I could be excused and they had no problem with it.Yep,DH is still doing renovations around here.Stairway and hallway are all done,just need new stairs.Tomorrow is the diningroom he is pulling down the ceiling and putting up a new one.He has been thinking about getting an equity loan and doing kitchen over.He thinks that if we need to sell we won't get much resale value if kitchen isn't done.
Well I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to work out.Since I didn't get to today due to scheduling mess. Have a good night~Linny~
HI Josie and JoanC

Hi everyone,

Just finished disc 4. I keep reading all the people saying they can see results. I hope it's true.

I couldn't get wo in yesterday. Wednesday seems unlikey also. I have appts from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm without a break. It's a good thing most appts only last 30-45 minutes.

I have finished 155 returns but have 39 to do right at this moment. Tomorrow will get 12-15 more.

Joan

Hump DAy Ladies!

Good Morning all,

Today I did a 30 minute I-Tread..it was a struggle. I wonder if it is because yesterday I did STS legs? My legs felt like lead.

Garance, I wish I was off of work, retirement sounds so nice right now. Do you have to have something published that you have done while you are off? Jury duty? yuk! I know it's your civic duty etc but .....:confused:

Linny, sometimes I like stepping back and doing a job that I don;t normally do. When we had a big project at a warehouse that I oversee, we needed all hands to pitch in and my boss and I loaded skids with boxes of candles all day. It actually was a great break from conference calls and meetings! AT least you got to leave at 3:30!

Joan, we have to call you our night owl! I see you finished your workout after 1:00 am...yikes!:eek:..do you go right to sleep after that? I hope what you have heard about results is true too!

stay warm!

This morning I did Kelly C-M's double Kickbox (53 min.). Now that I know all of the moves I really work up a sweat on this one.

Yep, I'm really enjoying my sabbatical. I love teaching, but as you have already heard too many times, I HATE GRADING, MEETINGS, COMMITTEES! If I could just teach and have an assistant do all the grading, I'd be a happy camper.

Deb, I am not absolutely required to publish anything at this stage in my career, since I already have a couple books and a lot of articles, but I still have a lot of writing that I want to do, so I always use my leaves to prepare things for publication. By the way, how is that new skin care program working for you? What is it again? Something by Olay? I still love my essential-c renewal complex. I wish I could find something, though, for my crow's feet.

Joan, I haven't seen any results from STS yet. But DH says he doesn't want me to look like Madonna. He read that Guy Ritchie said getting into bed with her was like cuddling up with a piece of gristle. I'd like a bit more definition, but don't want to alienate DH from cuddling! Oh no!

I sure hope you don't have to sell your home after all that work being done. I love my home now that we redid the kitchen, added a big room, etc. By the way, I have a six-burner Thermidor stove that is absolutely splendiferous and was part of our kitchen remodel. Much better than Viking--I have friends who have nothing but trouble from their Vikings.

Hi to Josie!

Hi Ladies:
Two more days to go till weekend,yay! Happy I get to see DGD friday night.Today we had a new ambulance company in that we are switching over to. Just seemed funny EMT's bringing coffee and donuts to introduce themselves. Sometimes the ones that should know better are the worst offenders.
Deb;I have to admit the day did fly especially quickly being the charge nurse.Seems like most of my days do,I can never get everything done that I'd like.Sounds like that STS really worked your legs.Hope you get great results.
Garance:We're on the same page regarding meetings.Yuck! I've been trying that essential c complex,but it feels like I don't get much moisturizing effect from it.I do like the day and night moisturizer though,smells like oranges. Your stove sounds wonderful.We are looking at designs right now on how we are going renovate the kitchen.Its going to have to be done one way or another.DH thinks we won't get much resale value if it isn't done.He tore down old diningroom ceiling today and put up new sheetrock.Next its the mudding and sanding(messy,messy).I'll have to take some pictures and learn how to post them.I do know how to post on facebook.com.
JoanC:Yay!Sounds like there is a end in sight.I bet you're looking forward to that.
Josie:How's things in California?

Thursday!

Good Morning all,

Yes finally Thursday, only 2 more days to go until the weekend! This has been a long week. Today I did the first half of Disk 5, Back & Triceps.

Garance, I give you a lot of credit for being able to sit down and write like you do. Writers always amaze me! As for the skin care , I just got the kit yesterday ( I got it on Ebay) and did the night time routine. It is Olay Pro-X. Supposedly you should see some difference in 28 days..( you know how that goes)...I have been using the Essential C all along too and like it, just thought I would try something new. I think I like the essential C more in the summer, my skin is dryer now and that is kind of a dry cream. Wow you have the stove of a professional cook! You sure use it too. My stove just sits there and once a week I dust it! REgarding STS, can you do those "sit & stands"? I can't even do one without any weight!

Linny, those new EMT people sound great! I would love to see pics of your new kitchen or any remodeling you do! I don't use facebook, but I post my pics to picturetrail.com...it is free and pretty easy..that is how I get my avatars on here.

Josie, I hope you are ok, I know you were sad about your friend.

Joan, the papers are covering you now, but there is light at the end of this , really! :D

Have a great day!

This morning I did disk 6 for the second time, including the bonus section (55 min.). Nope--cannot do the sit and stands, so I just do squats over my high step. Cannot do the wall-ball squats low enough to pick up weights. Cannot do the one-legged squats with ball either. I just do what I can, go as low as I can go, and stay on both feet. Everything else, though, is fine. I especially like the bonus section with the band and legweights.

I agree with you, Deb and Linny, on the Essential-C renewal cream during the winter. I don't use it every day. I don't think it's a moisturizer, but something that evens out the tone and improves the texture--pore tightener. But I do love it when the weather is warm and my skin gets more oily. I use retin-A every night. Deb, you will have to let us know about the Olay Pro-X. You should "see results" by the end of March.

Linny, won't you be sad if you have to sell your home after all those improvements?? It sounds like you are really enjoying your new position. I love it when I get so into my writing that I don't notice the time flying by.

Hi to Joan and Josie! Hope all is well with you, Josie.

Hi Ladie,

I was out for the last 2 days. I ended up getting sick again and just came back to work today. No workouts for me until I feel better. I will be going to my friends funeral this Saturday.

Do any of you have age spots on you face? I have them on both sides and they are not bad, but I can see them and they bother me. If you do, what do you use for them. I don't want to use the full streght bleashing creams yet.

Josie

Hi Ladies:
One more day till the weekend.yippee! Looks like DGD can still come over tomorrow after work.I hope I'll not to exhausted to play with her.I was thinking on making some cookies or brownies with her.I have meeting 9am to 4pm tomorrow,will have to leave meeting for a short period to do rounds with psychiatrist.Those meetings are so exhausting!!
Deb:I'll have to check out picturetrail.com.Maybe I can post some pictures.We are suppose to check out some cabinets this weekend.DH is thinking about maple.
Garance:Yes,you bet I'll be bumming if we have to sell.I think DH will be more depressed then me though.He lost his first home in the 80's when that recession hit.He had bought 6 acres and built the house,garage and barn.it will kill him if he loses this one too.I do like my new job,the only thing that bugs me is the fact there was no unit manager on my units for 3 months.So I had not really much of an orientation to paperwork and how to fix the mess.We did get our new computers last week so everything will be computerized,maybe this will help clear up the mess.Glad your still liking STS.
Josie:Sorry to hear you are sick again.My DD has been catching the same cold over and over again.She gets all congested and then loses her voice.I know she is pretty stressed over her finance losing his job,so her resistances are down.Prayers to you and friends family this saturday.:(
JoanC:How is the tax countdown going?
~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.