Pentagenarians and Beyond: Tuesday's calm before the storm

linnyrn

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:
I heard we are suppose to get 4-8inches of snow starting tonite and then a nice layer of sleet and ice on top.How wonderful!Spring where are you?
Deb: I hope you are having good weather,be safe.
Garance:Yesterday morning when I got up it was 9 degrees and that wasn't counting windchill.I think I should have been born a bear so I could hiberate for the winter:) I think I'll just wait till THere will be Blood comes out on dvd.That way I can stop when needed and walk around.Those movies done in Texas? Looks pretty dreary there.
Jen:I'll switch weather with you.PLEASE! The STS series does look good.I'm not going to be able to get anything right now.DH is so worried about work right now.No big construction jobs coming,he did get one call about putting a 2nd floor on a cape.Hoping that comes thru.Looks like I might be making a mortage payment this month if something doesn't happen.x(
Josie: Prayers to you.
I gave my 2 week notice yesterday.My boss said I wish you had told us that you wanted more clinical experience maybe we could have worked something out. I Had been telling them all along that I wanted more but I think they just wanted me out there making money for the company.My boss said I heard bad things from staff and patients about that place.I'm hoping she was just saying that to keep me.This job has got to be The One,I not one to jump job to job.I hate that.
Well enough of my complaining.I hope you ladies have a great day.

Happy Tuesday, All,

Yesterday's workout was chasing Sam around for a good bit of the day. His daddy brought him over here after breakfast to let his mommy and new baby brother get some rest (his daddy, my DS is on vacation this week). Even with 2 adults here, we felt outmanned by this very active toddler! They didn't leave until 4 p.m. Guess who showed up again this morning! I'm letting Daddy watch him for a while so I can have some computer time. Looks like Granny is going to have to put her foot down and let DS know that I need a little bit of rest this week to completely heal in preparation for the new job starting Monday. It'll be a while until I can take any vacation time.

Linny, I know how you feel. I feel so out of my comfort zone starting a new job, and feel like I'm in limbo this week. I bet this new job will be the one for you. I would take anything your boss says with a grain of salt at this point concerning the new place.

I also feel your pain about DH. Mine did have work he could have done last week, but he was in bed with the flu for 10 days. No work, no pay. There's no such thing as sick pay when you're self-employed, as you well know. It's not a great time of year for outdoor work either.

I think I won't order STS. I'm not sure it would be really different from the many other DVDs I have. I think I'm thinking of the $5 per DVD bargain price more than the enjoyment (or lack thereof) I would get from actually doing the workouts.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Linny, Jen, and any later posters--

I did 4ds Bootcamp this morning with bis and tris. I wonder how long this series will keep me happy. I just really like the 30 min. of cardio followed by some weight work.

My DH is self-employed too, but there seems to be no end to his wood orders this winter. The cold snap right now is inspiring people to buy more. I wish it would warm up, but yes, Linny, batten down the hatches tonight--it sounds like another round of snow, sleet, freezing rain. Last week we had a power outage that cut short my LIS with shoulders, calves, and abs. I wonder if history will repeat itself.

I did order the STS series, but when I go to the blog, I get a bit worried about extra equipment. It looks like I will have to add to my dumbbells and risers if I really want to make this thing work for me. I don't like the paper plates thing on some of the leg work. I have a feeling that the leg work will be a no-no for my knees and I will have to modify. But, I was persuaded by the price.

Good luck on your new jobs, Linny and Jen! Hope you get a little time for yourself, Jen, before you begin your new job.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.