Pentagenarians & Beyond: Tuesday

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I did a new I-Tread 45 minute treadmill workout this morning, burned 322 calories.

Jen:
So sorry to hear you are having to go back to evening workouts. I will miss you at 4:00 am! I know that it is really hard especially if you have things and people to see at night. I have to be in bed by 9:00-9:30 to do this and it is not for everyone.

Garance:
I am going to have to go over and check out those shoes!

Josie:
Sounds like you had a good time with your Mom..:)

Linny:
Isn't the 4 wheel ( or all wheel) drive the best! Once you have one of these and use it in the snow you never want another type of car!

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb:)

Yesterday, I was hoping to do a Leslie Sansone walk tape and a Classical Stretch. I managed to get in the Leslie before grandbabies came over, so that's okay. Today, I will probably only do the Classical Stretch because I have another cold; yes, it was just a week or 2 ago I got over one. I usually don't get more than 1 or 2 a year, and faithfully take Vitamin C. I think this one came from DS, who has to travel a lot for his job. Those airplane cabins are just petri dishes for cooties!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen and late posters,

Today I will be running here at work. I will be doing the perimeter aroung UCLA and it is 4 miles. My regular partner just did a marathon and will be taking off a week.

Jen, Take some airborn it really works, event if you already have a cold.

Josie

Hi Deb and Jen--

Today I did Jari Love's "Get Chiseled and Ripped." Yikes! Talk about muscle fatigue! I predict major DOMS tomorrow. I would start the reps at one weight and about midway through, I had to go down. This is a high rep workout. I think it might be very effective though, because I've never had muscle failure before, and it kept happening on this one. I also liked the older women working out with Love--from her class apparently. One of them was 57 and looked really cut.

I have not had a cold all year, which is so unusual. Being around students, I usually catch one or two, especially in the fall.

It is so grey here. I really need some sun to perk me up.

I watched the Dance Wars last night. I think the men are more talented than the women. Did any of you watch it?

I've never been to Las Vegas and don't think I ever will. I have walked the boardwalk in Atlantic City, and what I was really struck by was the number of fortune tellers and tea readers. Once you leave the boardwalk, the place looks kind of sad and depressed. I just don't feel the urge to gamble. I guess you have to win at it and then get hooked.

Hi Ladies:
Josie: One of these days when I go back to California I'll have to check out Vegas.I heard its beautiful at night.
Deb: It is great having the 4-wheel drive.I feel so in control.
Jen: Do you Grandbabies everyday?
Garance: I have all of Jari Loves dvds except this last one she put out. I also like thefact that she has 5o yr oldsin line up.
Today was rough. I was getting out of my car and hit myself in the eye with my computer bag. I think I may have scratched my cornea. It hurts like heel and doesn't stop watering.I think I'm going to have to have MD check it out. Hope you ladies have a great night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.