Pentagenarians & Beyond - Thursday

melrose

Cathlete
Happy Thursday, All,

Sorry to be absent for so many days in a row - it's been quite a week!

Monday, I found out that I would not be paid for unused sick days when I leave the company. I have 8 left, so I told my supervisor my last day would be Tuesday, and the rest of my 2-week-notice time would be used as sick days. I spent much of Monday in the Benefits department, filling out paperwork (I'll get a small monthly check as early retirement from the newspaper, since I'm 55 and have been with them at least 10 years). I also went to my GP, who said I'm healing from the bronchitis, but have bronchospasms. She prescribed a steroid inhaler, which is helping.

Tuesday was spent saying goodbyes, being taken out to lunch by my department (we went to a Mexican food place and had margaritas, so no one was very productive that afternoon!), and sorting through and packing 23 years worth of stuff.

Yesterday, I went to the new job for my drug test, TB skin test, and to fill out paperwork, then had an appointment to get new eyeglasses (DH and I are squeezing every little bit we can out of my old health insurance this month), then to the mall for some business-appropriate pantsuits. I could wear pretty much anything I wanted at the newspaper, and it's definitely not like that at the new job.

Today, we're taking the dog to the vet for shots/grooming, then I have my well-woman checkup this afternoon.

Tomorrow, I have the dentist in the morning, then back to new job to have TB skin test read.

I feel almost human again, just need a little bit more energy - am planning to resume exercising this weekend.

The new grandbaby is still not here - Monday, DIL will be 2 weeks overdue, so the doctor will definitely induce if nothing has happened. It works out pretty well for me time-wise, as my calendar is clear so far for next week - the new job doesn't start until 2/18.

Best of luck on the new job, Linny!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Jen, Linny, and Josie--

Welcome back, Jen! Sounds like you are heavy into maintenance right now. Today I did Leslie Sansone's Fast 4 Miles. Really threw myself into those intervals and worked up a sweat (48 min.).

I hope both of you--Jen and Linny--really like your new jobs. It's been a rather difficult year for both of you.

I was two weeks late with my first baby, and three weeks late with my second. I bet your DIL just wants it OUT! I felt like a whale. The first one was 9 pounds, and the second 9 pounds, 11 oz., but I think I gained 35 pounds both times.

Deb should be back tomorrow with her early start on the thread, I bet.

Weather here is interminably gray--rain, sleet, snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and so on and on.

Hi Ladies:
Jen:Hope your inhaler does the trick for those bronchospasms. Sounds like you've had quite the busy week.I'm surprised that your company let you use sick time for last week.Most places wouldn't allow it.Glad you got your time. Doesn't it feel good shopping for new wardrobe for a new job. Hope that DGS makes his arrival by this weekend. I agree with Garance I bet your DIL is going nuts.
Garance:I didn't work out today,I didnt even go to work.I started my period last night and woke in a pool.I was lightheaded and dizzy.Probably from lack of blood.I lost 3pds in one day.I was afraid to go in to work and have a problem.When is this damn bleeding going to stop!!!!!
It has been snowing off and on today,got about 2-3 inches. Last night we had thunder and hail. The weather has been so crazy lately.
Have a great night ladies.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.