Pentagenarians & Beyond: TGIF!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout today...I don't know what is going on with me today, but I feel like a slug! ..I woke up at the regular time and just decided to stay in bed.. not normal for me. I hope I am in a better mind set by Sunday when I have 4DS Kickbox/legs on the schedule.

The tour of the FedEx ramp was pretty interesting. I sat in the cockpit in the pilots seat for a bit.. the plane is so huge, you need scaffolding steps to get into it!

Anyone have any plans for the weekend? Tonight DH and I are going to see "To Kill a Mockingbird". This is my all time favorite book and I can;t wait to see it done on stage. A co-worker has seen it and said it was awesome..Sunday we have a baptism for my great-nephew with a party following.

Garance:
Have fun dancing!

Linny:
I would definitely mention the fact that your boss "made you" use your earned time instead of sick time and told you not to come in the rest of the week. If we tell someone that, after they have given notice, we pay them anyway. Most of the time we do this if it is a disgruntled employee that we know will be spending the time not working and distruptin/upsetting all the other employees. I am going to dig out those earplugs!

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb:)

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb: I have a friend who flys UPS and they keep him quite busy.He flys at night every other week,and must be on call 16 hrs a day.He did say the planes are humongous.I did tell Human Resources what my boss did,she asked if wanted her to speak to her about it.I told her just to tell her I was upset that I was told to use my earned time and I wanted to work out my notice.We don't have sick time,we use earned time for that.HR said I was leaving on very good terms and everyone wanted me to stay.If I ever decided to come back they'd take me in a heartbeat.
Have fun tonight with DH,I love the movie but never read the book.
Not sure whats up for the weekend.Later this afternoon probably will go see Vantage Point.May go to community college and check it with son. He came over last night and started crying, I quess his girlfriend is giving him grief and he's afraid he'll wake someday and be 35 and have done nothing with his life.My heart hurts for him.He's such a good sensitive kid.
Garance: Are you putting your dancing shoes on this weekend?? I think I'll go workout now. HMMMM!Its starting to snow!~Linny~
Hi Jen and Josie!!

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen, and Josie--

I did Jari Love's Ripped and Chiseled (60 min. of high rep, low weights).

Hey, Deb, Sunday I'm doing 4ds Kickbox, legs, and abs as well. We're in this one together, so put your game face on, to quote Cathe.

Dancing was fun last night. We added a really cool move to the tango, where I lean forward with my leg way out in back, and another cool move to the cha-cha--big 180 degree turns. Too bad it's our last lesson. DH has promised to download some cha-cha music for us to play with.

I MUST get to the mall this weekend and buy some new nighties. The ones I have are starting to look positively forlorn.

Maybe I can persuade DH to go to Vantage Point this weekend too, Linny. It looks really good--a thriller. He has a slaughter scheduled for tomorrow, which can be very tiring, so I don't know. I'm definitely watching the Academy Awards on Sunday night.

What workout are you doing, Linny??

Hi Deb, Linny and Garance,

I think my cold is finally gone. I will try to run/walk tomorrow and the dunes on Sunday. I hope that it does not rain tomorrow.

My DS and his family ar comming tomorrow. I can't wait to see the babies.

Tonight I'm going to see Heart in concert at the Gibson
Aphitheatre.

Garance, I have not gone dancing in a while. I'm going to ask my DH to take me out soon, we could use a night out!

Have a great weekend!

Hi Ladies:
Josie: Glad to see you're still with us and cold free.DH and I saw Heart a few years back they were great.I bought my DH Peter Frampton tickets for his birthday.He doesn't know about it yet,but he did say that he would really like to see him.Have fun seeing DS and Grandbabies tomorrow.
Garance: Saw Vantage Point,did have alot of action.The only thing that bugged me was the time line going from past to present for each character.I'd give it a B- or C+. I'm not doing anything for a workout program,just my ususal cardio for 45-50 minutes then one body part of weightlifting.Stil holding steady at 156pds.Darn it!
Have a great weekend everyone~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.