Pentagenarians & Beyond: TGIF!!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread...added up all the calories burned this week and it totaled 1677! My goal of 1000 was a little wimpy I guess! Now I will have to set one for 1700..

Garance:
I have a Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor that I love! I got it at Dick's Sporting Goods..not sure if you have those where you are. They also have a web site that I think you can order from. The F6 is kind of a mid range model. Some people like the F11, but that has too many bells and whistles for me that I knew I wouldn;t use. The weather here right now is horrible! We just got back from walking the dogs. It's like sleet and snow mixed together and crystallized.. when it hit your face it stung.x(

Josie:
Your DH sounds like fun if he likes disco and salsa!:D

Jen:
Glad to hear you are feeling better. How exciting a new Grandbaby on the way. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? have they picked out names? I'm with you on the new Cathe equipment, nothing interesting to me at this point. I am not too sure what Mixed Martial Arts is but I'm sure when they are ready to start that sereis there will be a lot of info on it.

Linny:
Exciting news on the job interview. I know 3rd shift is hard. What hours does your DH work? will this mess up your family life?
Maybe try it for 6 months and see how you do?

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb :)

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny, and Josie--

This morning I did Jari Love's Get Chiseled and Ripped (60 min.).

I'm going to look for that heart rate monitor, Deb.

Last night it was Fox Trot--"Quick, quick, slow, quick, quick, slow" in a square. I'm fine until learning the turn, because it's to the right on the quick step. But I will get it. Because the local newspaper sent a photographer, our instructors had us going for an hour and 45 min. We were pretty tired at the end, but I didn't realize how much time had passed. We also reviewed swing and learned a new move--a jump in opposite directions as we put our linked arms over our shoulders. Cool! Next week it's the cha-cha.

Whatever the weather was doing an hour ago, it seems to have stopped for now. It was sleeting, and you are right about it stinging. The cows were none too happy.

Hey, Linny--what are the hours of the third shift? Is this at night?

Hope you are feeling better, Jen! Let us know when the new grandchild arrives.

Here comes the weekend!

Boy, Linny, this is a tough one. Let's see: present job:

Boss is not so nice.

You frequently don't know what your schedule will be, nor how many hours you will work at a time.

Possible future job:

Boss seems nice.

Sign-on bonus.

No weekends.

But, yuck, third shift.

You have to decide what's best for you, but I would try the new job. You know there are problems at the old one. You don't know anything for sure about the new one, but it might be wonderful. Besides, maybe you could quickly move up to second or first shift. Just my two cents.

Which leads me to - earlier this morning I got a job offer and I accepted it! After 23 years at the newspaper, I'm leaving in 2 weeks and becoming an administrative assistant for 2 department heads at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in the Medical Center. I will be employed by the state of Texas, which means super benefits. The department heads seem wonderful, I won't work nights or weekends, I am eligible for free continuing education, merit raises, different employee contests with monetary awards, etc. I'll be in the Department of Epidemiology. Best of all, I know I'll have a job until I retire. I'm not at all sure the newspaper will continue to survive in print form much longer. WOO-HOO!

Deb, the new grandbaby is a boy, to be named Andrew. He was due Monday. I guess he's just way too comfortable inside Mommy!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.