Pentagenarians & Beyond! Memorial Day Week!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning & Happy Memorial Day!

We had a good time at the graduation party yesterday. Now it looks like rain today, very gloomy and the wind it picking up. DH is defrosting ribs and had plans to smoke them all day, not sure if that will happen!

Our baby bunnies actually ventured out of the nest and were walking around the flower garden.. no sign of Mama yet. I sure hope she comes back at night and takes care of them. So far Kelsey is oblivious to them, which is a good thing.

I want to go back to the nursery and see if they have giant zinnias in yet. One of my favorites to use for cut floweres.

Garance:
How did the cake turn out?

Linny:
I hope you are having fun at the lake.

Josie:
Hope you are doing ok and having a good weekend!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Hi Deb, Linny, and Josie--

This morning I did my 4Fast Miles with Leslie (this is the one I can turn off--50 min.).

The cake was really yummy--butterscotch flavored and lovely with coffee ice cream. MIL had to get recipe for both the cake and the asiago potatoes. Since she doesn't know how to use a computer, I just gave her my copies. It was nice to see the in-laws, who just came back from their home in Florida to their condo here in Williamstown.

I, too, have a flat of giant zinnias waiting for me at a local nursery. FIL and I order them in April and they save them for our annual trek. I also love the multi-colored nasturtiums, which just seem to bloom endlessly.

Maybe Kelsey shares our old dog's contempt for such uninteresting game.

It's beautiful here and we will be going to a cookout later with friends.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday, everyone!

Hi Deb,Garance and Josie:

Back from lake.No hive issues but I didn't go into water.I did start getting a little rashy during bike ride but it subsided when ride was over.Did go for boat ride,kept myself well covered.Put up our screen house and firepit with chairs.DH put in the rest of docks.Now we are all set up for the summer.So the rest time we go it will be more relaxation than work.
Deb:Glad to hear you had a good time at graduation party.A bat house sounds like a good investment.I will have to check into one.I hear we are suppose to get rain tonite and thunderstorms tomorrow.I'm fine with that because the blueberry bushes at the lake are loaded with buds and are in desperate need of rain.
Garance:That caramel cake sounds yummy.I'll have to check out that epicurious site.Also those Asiago potatoes are they on that site too?I love Asiage cheese.Regarding the bat incident~luckily husband was getting his breakfast so he was fully clothed;)
We went and saw Indiana Jones too.I missed a few of his one liner due to some people laughing.I'm sure my DH will be buying it on dvd anyway.Little kid behind me kept kicking my seat.Had to keep turning around and giving him the eye}( For the most part I think the movie was good.I did like the other ones more(probably because Sean Connery was in them).I liked their bantering.
Josie: Hope graduation went great!
Going down for a nap now,I have to work tonite.~Linny~

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

I did not workout this morning. I had a horrible nights sleep, so at 2:15, I turned off the "workout" alarm and tried to get more sleep. I got up at 5:30. Not sure what that was all about. I hope our bunnies leave soon! If not, I am trying to talk DH into putting them in the "Have a Heart" trap we have and taking them to the woods behind his office. There are at least 3 of them, as they came out of their nest when I was watering the garden. I did not turn the sprinkler on, felt awful that they would have this cold water pounding down on their nest so I watered each flower separately with the hose. Then it poured during the night.. I am afraid they are feeling too much "at home" in our yard. I don;t want 3 full grown rabbits back there permanently! It would probably end up being 6 or 8 etc

Garrison:
That cake does sound yummy! :9 I may have to pick up some nasturiums. The nursery did not have the giant Zinnias yet. We are growing some from seed but that takes a long time.

Linny:
It sounds like you had fun at the lake.. NO Hives! That sounds great! Most everyone I talk to likes that movie. We don;t see movies until we rent them! Maybe years later!

Josie:
Hope the graduation went well!

Have a great day!

Deb

This morning I did Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled (62 min.). I was thinking, Deb, about how you like to divide up your weight work. This one is really easy to do that. The first 20-25 min. are the warmup and legs (lunges, squats, and deadlifts, straight leg and bent leg); then she moves into chest and back for about a third; and finally tris and bis. Each segment is between 3-5 min. long--very carefully chaptered.

Yep, Linny, those asiago potatoes are at epicurious.com as well. I love to check their "buzz box," to see what everyone is trying and read the reviews.

I watched Recount on HBO last night. Made my blood boil all over again. Kevin Spacey and Laura Dern were really good in it.

Pretend you're Elmer Fudd, Deb: "Darn Wabbit!" If you don't move them, you are going to have a lot of rabbits, believe me. The population is kept under some control here because we have coyotes and foxes, but even so . . . . they just seem to be all over the place, and this started about 7 years ago. Prior to that we had none.

We're getting oor thunderstorms now so not sure how long I'll be on.Last night was pretty crazy,we have alot of IV therapy right now and everyone seems to be scheduled at midnite and 6am.So I had to go to another unit start IV, come back to my unit start IV, back to flush line when med is done.Back and forth plus I'm suppose to do my own med pass.I'm not sure if I'll be going to go to days.The manager they asked to step down took 2 of the days so now there are only 3 days available and I need to work 4 days to get benefits.I know she has resumes out,but the way she was talking today sounds like she likes the idea of 2 days aweek.
Deb:Too bad to hear you had a bad sleep last night.Do you think you were worrying about bunnies? We used the have a heart traps about ayear ago when we had squirrel issue.
Garance:I checked out the epicurious site.They had alot of recipes I was interested in. I went to member recipe site they had a Kitty Litter Cake which was funny in a sick kinda way.Some people have quite the imagination.
I don't think I ever saw Recount,whats it about?
I better go, storm is getting intense.Have a great night~Linny~

Good Morning..it's Wednesday!

Today I did the Biceps & Triceps from 4DS. I really wish I could like the cardio in this series, it would be nice to do cardio and weights and get 2 workouts done at once. I guess I could substitute the treadmill for the cardio, then do the weight work.

Garance:
That workout sounds interesting, it's lighter weights correct? with high reps? Maybe after STS, if we ever get it! I never saw ( or heard of) that movie you mentioned. I should look it up to see if it would be one we would want to rent. Tell us what it is about. I am still trying to talk DH into moving the rabbits.

Linny:
I hope the storm did not affect your power. It sounds like you are really busy on your shift. Too bad about the day shift and that other person. Can you do 3 day shift and one nights? maybe the nights being the last one of the week? Did you have a squirrel in your house too? We have had 2 of them....very nasty business!

Have a good day!

Deb:)

This morning I did Cardio Dance Fusion (45 min.)

Yes, the Jari Love is low weights. Immediately prior to the exercise, there is a listing of what weights are used by each exerciser (Jari plus 3 others) and how many reps. She also shows modifications. Even on low weights, I fatigue, because of the high number of reps.

Recount was made for TV about the Florida ballot recount in 2000. Laura Dern plays Katherine Harris and she is really perfect--vain, silly, and just a bit demented--which is how I "read" Harris when she would make her announcements.

Linny, I wonder like Deb whether you couldn't do 3 days and one night. Sounds like you are very busy at night with everything happening at once.

Beautiful weather here, but I would like some rain and more warmth.

Hi ladies:
Just a quick check in beforre I leave for work.
Deb:We did have a squirrel problem when we were putting on new siding.They got between floors.What a noise!Sounded like they were having a race.Did think about 1 night 3 days but I really don't want to work nights on my last night which would be a friday.Then I'd be sleeping saturday during the day.
Garance:I will have to check out that movie,I've never seen it.Yep,around 5:30 is when it can get a bit busy.I quess I'll just have to see about days.~Linny~

Good Morning and Happy Thursday!

Today I did one of my new I-Treads, #13 "sprints". It's a 30 minute one, where you do 6 sprints, 6 recoveries, then a nice 10 minute stretch at the end. I don;t sprint..I jog when the runner's sprint, and walk for recoverys.. It's almost the end of the week for me..I am only working a half day today, and taking tomorrow off as well. I also took off yesterday afternoon. Our vacation year ends May 31. I am only able to "carry over" 5 days, and I had 7, so I needed to get these out of the way or I would lose them.

Garance:
We also had a beautiful day here yesterday, blue sky, sunny, but still cold! That movie sounds interesting for those who like political "intrigue"!

Linny:
I hope you are able to work out something in your schedule. We had a squirrel in the walls as well! He found his way out in a small hole we had in a linen closet in the bathroom..Kelsey was going crazy to go in there, and when DH went in to see what all the comotion was about, it jumped out of the closet over his face, knocked his glasses off..He, Kelsey and the squirrel were in this tiny bathroom, with the dog chasing the squirrel, and DH trying to calm her down so he could trap the squirrel.. it was hilarious, except I had to take him to the emergency room, because when the squirrel ran over him, it broke the skin on his forehead, and we were worried about any disease etc. The emergency room staff had quite the chuckle when we told them the story. :7 ( p.s that was squirrel #1, #2 is another story!)

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hi Deb and Linny and Josie--

This morning I did Ellen Barrett's Slim Sculpt (46 min.). I find this a very refreshing workout for some reason.

Bats and squirrels and rabbits--Oh my! A little less daunting than Dorothy's "Lions and tigers and bears--Oh my!" and a lot funnier. Your poor DH--run over by a squirrel! Reverse roadkill and a squirrel's vengeance.

So next week is the big week, Deb, for getting your new puppy, Keegan. Have you decided to keep the name?

Linny, I sympathize with you on that Saturday business. You want one of your days off to be awake, not snoozing.

Anybody going to see Sex and the City this weekend?? I will have to call up some of my girl BFF, because DH probably doesn't want to go. He didn't like the series, so why would he like the movie.

Beautiful day again. DH is beginning to curse the weathermen, though. He wants RAIN!

Hi Ladies:
Deb:Love your squirrel story,glad your DH wasn't seriuosly hurt.Too bad we don't have a video camera going when this stuff happens;)
Garnace:I know my DH is definitely not interested in the Sex and the City movie.I probably should see if my DD wants to go she loved the series.I did hear we are suppose to get rain over the weekend.AARP magazine has a article on menopause,I haven't read it yet but I plan on it.
Josie:Hope all is well.
Have a great night~Linny~

Good Morning & Happy Friday!

I took off today so no workout until a little later when I will be doing the Chest, Back & Shoulders from 4DS. Even though I am off, I still wake up at 5:00 am.. I plan on hitting the den today and getting it straightened out. I have those big Rubbermaid boxes all over with basket making stuff, decorations etc that I have just been too lazy to move to the attic. Today is the day! ( or so I say now LOL;-) )

Garance:
I love your reference to the Wizard with my "Wild Kingdom" here!:D
No Sex and the City for me..DH would never go see this one. I never watched the TV version so I don;t feel too compelled to go see the movie. I kind of feel like your DH with this one! I hope it rains there soon.

Linny:
Yes.. most people get a real chuckle when we tell the "squirrel hunter" story! I bet your DD will want to go see that movie with you. Is the AARP the mag that comes to the house if you are a member? How are you doing? Did "Aunt Flo" arrive yet?

I don;t think I posted an updated Keegan picture...he is the one facing this way:

http://afterallwirefoxterriers.com/KeeganSheaPlay.JPG

Have a great day and start to the weekend!

Deb :)

This morning was Cackle and Shriek (a little under 60 min.).

Keegan is absolutely adorable, Deb. I bet you cannot wait to get your hands on that ball of fur.

I am trying to set aside a little time every day to sort through and discard old files in advance of the big move. I also want to delete a lot of old stuff on my computer and save the important stuff on discs, because they will be moving the computers, too, and I don't want to lose stuff.

This is graduation weekend and the influx of parents and other relatives has begun. I hope it's a nice day on Sunday. Nothing worse than bad weather to interfere with a good commencement. The following weekend is reunion weekend, so another influx of faithful alumni. Then and only then will the town belong to its fulltime citizens for a couple weeks. Then the tourists start. Maybe the price of gas will cut into this invasion.

Enjoy your weekends, ladies!

Deb:I think you are getting the cutest puppy.You are so lucky,I'd love to get a puppy some day.You're right about AARP magazine.It comes when you subscribe as member.I still haven't read article yet,hopefully this weekend.No Aunt Flo yetx( I called triage nurse last week and she said it can take an additional 10 days to start.Well this coming wednesday will be the 20 days.I bet MD will want to try another 10 days of Provera.Did you take care of your rubbermaid bins today?

Garance:I did Bodymax 2 and chest from PUB.It feels so good to exercise when I have a few days away from it.I did hear it was suppose to be nice on sunday around here, I hope it is for you.Enjoy the couple of weeks of no tourists.We are starting to get pretty busy around here with touristsx( We actually had a carjacking on the beach last night.Great!Here comes the crime.
Tomorrow DH and I will celebrate 8yr anniversary since its on tuesday and I'll be good for nothing on that day.I'll check in tomorrow~Linny~

Good Morning & Happy Weekend!

It's a rest day for me so no workout today. I hope to get some yard work done, however it rained really hard last night so right now everything is too wet. DH and I might go see my DF ( Dad) later. He and his wife have put their house up for sale, to move closer to the city and family. Now he is having second thoughts and is panicking about it. He called me 3 times yesterday to talk about whether he should pull it off the market or not. His wife still wants to sell so things are not so good over there.

Garance:
What is the big move? I may have missed some past info...Did you get any rain yet? Your DH must be worried. I hope the weather is good for your Sunday events, then it breaks out and pours!

LInny:
Yes, Keegan is a little cutie! Sorry to hear about Aunt Flo's delayed visit..maybe this is supposed to happen? I know when the big "M" started for me, that's exactly what would happen, one month it would be so bad, I actually went into my GYN because I thought something was wrong, then I would skip a month all together.. typical signs is what they told me. Yes..I moved all the bins to the attic. It felt good having some space freed up in the den. Now to hit the guest room which doubles as my sewing room! Happy early Anniversary! What will you be doing to celebrate?

Have a great day!

Deb

This morning was my day off, so I slept in to 7:30. Felt great!

Happy anniversary, Linny! Gosh, you are practically newlyweds. DH and I are going on 28 yrs. Hope Aunt Flo doesn't turn into Aunt Flood.

I watched the spelling bee last night. Took me back because I was the city champion (Minneapolis-St. Paul) in 7th grade. I lost on the state level and never competed again. Maybe I should have kept trying, because this one girl was 14 and on her third try.

The big move, Deb, is to a new office in an about-to-be-finished office building. At last! I will have windows facing the mountains instead of a parking lot, plus air conditioning in the summer. You may remember that I picked out the furniture back in January. The college has hired a company to execute the move over a few days the end of July, so we have to get things ready for the movers. I have to pack my files, but they will pack and move my books.

DH offered to go see Sex and the City with me tonight. Tra La! What a sweetie! I'll let you know if it's good.

We are getting a little rain right now, but maybe some big thunderstorms will roll in later this afternoon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.