Pentagenarians & Beyond:It's the Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Evening!

I almost did not turn on the PC at all today. This is the first I have sat down and looked at it.. No workout today. It is my "official" rest day, however I have been resting all week. :(..

I got "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" from the library. I want to see if they have some workouts to use..maybe I am just tired of the Cathe ones I have and will do something like this until STS gets here. Although by the time that happens, I may not be able to work out any more!

We went to a memorial service for a good friend of DH's this morning. This is the 3rd death this week. I hope this is it for a while.

Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Garance:
How is school going?

Linny:
I hope you are at the lake and having a good time. Any news on the test results?

Carol:
Keep up the good work on S&H!

Have a great weekend...I will check back in tomorrow to see if anyone is here..

Deb:)

7 Samurai Saturday

Hi Deb--

This is my day off, too, Deb. Cleaned the house and ran a few errands, but (sigh!) no Jacob's Pillow Dance, and DH is refereeing at a soccer tournament.

Decided to spend the whole afternoon watching Kurosawa's 7 Samurai. Once again cried when my favorite warriors were killed--first, Heichachi, then Gorobei, Kuzuo, and Kikuchiyo. Ready to teach one of the best films ever, EVER made.

Okay, toots! This is for you, Deb, you must do 30 min. of something tomorrow. Get out of the doldrums!!! Take little K for a big walk, drag DH out for a walk with both K's. Do something!!

Take care!

I did my circuit yesterday, followed by targeted ab work. 40 minutes in all. Today is a rest day!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Carol
:)

Lidia's eggplant parmesan

Hi Deb and Carol--

This morning I did the double cardio on 4ds LIS and HIS (57 min.).

I then made Lidia's version of this Italian favorite, since DH brought in 3 eggplants from the garden. It was time-consuming to make, and I suspect horrendously calorie-laden, but really nummy. We will see tonight.

Hope you did a workout, Deb, to start off the week.

Hi to everyone!

I'm here...I'm here...

Hi everyone,

Today I did the first workout that is part of the book, The New Rules of LIfting for Women. They are total body workouts, and you do 3 a week. They are pretty short so it's not too bad. They really encorage you to lift as heavy as you can...On the other days you can do cardio, yoga or whatever you want. I think I may try these until STS gets here.

DH and I took the dogs for a ride to vist my Dad. We brought them lunch. It was nice.

Garance:
Once again you are our resident chef! And double cardio from 4DS! WOW , I don;t know how you do it!

Carol:
You amaze me with the workouts you do!

Hi to Linny..hope you are still at the lake having a good time...

Have a great evening ladies!

Deb

Hi everyone!! Today will be Slow & Heavy/Legs & Shoulders. I'm getting a slow start today as we're all glued to the Weather Channel and CNN. :(

Carol
:)

Hi Deb, Carol, Linny and any other posters--

This morning I did PUB.

Deb, I'm glad you found something to keep you interested until STS arrives. The eggplant parmesan was sinful it was so good. DH was effusive. I didn't mention that it would take a whole lot of persuasion to make this again, though, because it was time-consuming and a big clean-up.

Carol, I have been watching the Gustav news, too. It looks like New Orleans might not be hit as hard as they expected. It still looks awful to a New Englander like moi.

Enjoy the end of summer, ladies!

Happy Labor Day!

Hi,

JUst checking in to see how everyone is doing on this "official" last day of summer.

I did a 35 minute I-Tread this morning, that was made up of 6 sprints, and 6 recoveries, then a 10 minute stretch. It was pretty good....

I will start the new thread tomorrow... as today just still feels like part of the weekend,

Have a great evening!

Deb

Summers end

Hi ladies:
I did go to lake this weekend.It was pretty windy and very cool in the morning hours,so didn't dare go into water.You know in a way I'll glad summers almost over.It gets old going to the lake and not being able to do any water fun.:(
Deb: So glad to hear you're back to working out.I did Lowmax today and shoulders from PUB.I need to kick myself into working out daily.I'm getting larger and larger everyday.
Garance: That eggplant dish sounds yummy.I made a chicken terrazini for dinner,had heavy cream in it(sinfully good too):eek: Hope college is going well for you.
I wonder where Josie is?
Hi to Carol,Rhonda and LaLa1~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.