Pentagenarians & Beyond: Its the Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout for me as it is a rest day.. I am headed off to the Buffalo Kennel Club dog show to work.. I pre-ordered the STS this morning, I am invoice # 17,825! She must start them at a high number nd not at 000001....I can;t believe this many pre-ordered since midnight..

Garance:
I don;t think the STS will need a lot of equipment. I will not use a squat rack, and they said that the ones that want to use one will have to download a different MP3 player workout, the one on the DVD will be for those that don't want to use one.. the only thing that you may want to get ( but still won;t need to ) is a chin up bar. I got one to do P90x. it's in the doorway to my workout area in the basement. Our ceilings are too low and the door frame is too low so it never worked right anyway. They said there will be other ways shown using a band etc to sub for these.

I would love to try ball room dancing but DH would never do it!

I decided I am selling CTX with a lot of other CAthe DVD's I never use. All the ones from the series before 4DS..and CTX if anyone is interested.

Jen:
Good for you for sticking to the am workouts! Yes..from what I understand the STS is meant to be a program you do for 3-6 months..there is a recovery week after each 4 week part where you probably do more cardio and stretching like in P90x..

Josie:
Your workout plan sounds good! Hope you enjoyed that manhatten!

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Hi Deb and any later posters--

I just preordered STS too. I like the idea of alternating an hour of weights with an hour or less of cardio for a 6X per week routine. Where did you get your chinup bar, Deb?

No exercise for me today, either. Just (!) cleaning house. I wonder what the calorie burn is on that.

Tonight I am off to dinner with Jhumpa Lahiri, author, followed by her reading. I loved her first collection of stories, The Interpreter of Maladies, but was lukewarm about her novel, The Namesake.

DH is a real sweetie about ballroom dancing lessons. This is the third year we have done them. We always have a good time and I LOVE the tango. Yes!!

Enjoy your weekend, ladies!

I just got back from the coolest gathering:

There's a group of ladies who have a collective blog on the web site of the newspaper where I work. They're not employed by the newspaper - those people are on a separate page. They're called Mama Drama, and this gathering took place at a Mexican restaurant, so it was called Mama Drama con Queso. It was also con margaritas, so everyone relaxed and had a great time. 4 of the 5 mamas have small children, but one is close to my age and has teenagers. I talked to so many people who have blogs I've kept up with and it was neat to meet them in person. Several of them keep telling me to get a blog, but I don't know. I think it's a generational thing - they put so much of their personal lives out there, and I don't think I could do that.

There was no exercise today. After getting up at 4 a.m. all week, I slept until 7:30, which was heaven. I got up, drank 3 cups of coffee, then left for the lunch. I haven't been back long, and, even though I only had one margarita, I'm completely out of the mood to exercise. Either those are some lethal margaritas, I'm not used to drinking in the middle of the day, or both.

Garance, that is so wonderful about your husband taking ballroom dance lessons. My DH wouldn't do that in a million years! I know you'll have a blast.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Ladies:
Hurray!! I finally got my new car today. The GPS is so cool,voice activated tells you right before turns and exits. The GPS also turns into a back-up camera so you can see if any thing is behind you. I was kinda bummed leaving my celica(I loved that car);( I wish I could have kept both. This car came in just in time,we are suppose to have a big snowstorm monday.I'll get to try out the 4wheel drive.
Josie-Run-Josie-Run
Deb: Hope you had fun at the Kennel Club. I still haven't decided to purchase the STS series yet. I need to read more about it till I take the plunge.
Garance;DH and I did take ballroom dancing lessons before we got married in 2000.But we haven't done anything since.I would really like taking lessons again.Especially swing!
Jen:Margaritas! Why didn't you invite me? Sounds like you had a good time with your blog friends. Hope you all have a great weekend~Linny~

Good morning!

Today I have Absolute Kickboxing planned. I am stalling because I hate most cardio and I usually do a heavy leg workout on Sunday.. that is what my mind is used to so I am not looking forward to this ..is that crazy or what?

Garance:
I think I got my chin up bar at Dick's Sporting Goods.. I wish DH would have put it up higher.. it really doesn;t work right because of that.. if I tell him to move it up he will not be happy.. How was the dinner?

Jen:
That dinner sounds like fun! I agree on the blog thing.. all I can say is "why"?..

Linny:
So happy that you finally got your car! It sounds very technologically up to date! a back up camera and all!:) I could have used on in my jeep last year when I backed into a parking lot big cement thing..lol..

Have a great day and rest of the weekend!

Deb:)

Hi, everyone--

Today I tried to do Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. I am definitely sending this one back to Collagevideo. It makes Cathe's Boot Camp look easy. I just found it depressing watching these two little 20-year-old "girls" (that's what he called them) do what I probably couldn't have done at that age and certainly cannot do now. I had an okay workout with tons of modifications and much less range of movement, but, as I said, it was depressing to be reminded of my creeping decrepitude. Workouts should make you feel energized, young, confident. Venting over.

Congrats on your new car, Linny! You're way ahead of me on all the gadgets. No wonder it took so long to get it with all of that built-in technology! Snowstorm heading my way as well. Love my 4-wheel drive.

Margaritas at lunch, Jen! I wouldn't feel like exercising after that either.

The Jhumpa Lahiri event was excellent last night. In addition to being a wonderful fiction writer, she is stunningly beautiful.

Dune day, Josie?? At the Jersey shore, people are specifically prohibited from walking on the dunes, but the West Coast must be different.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.