Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning!

I did a 20 minute I-Train, followed by 4DS chest & back. Does anyone use a HRM with lifting gloves? Did you ever have the glove hit the button on the side and end the monitoring? I hate when that happens! Does anyone wear the wrist band somewhere else?

Did you see the response from SNM to someone asking for a blog update?
Wow.. a little touchy or what?

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: Protein shake
B: Cheerios w/strawberries, skim milk
S: LF yogurt
L: chicken on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: apple & stringster cheese
D: Lean Cuising w/brocoli
S: WW ice cream bar or almonds

Josie:
Welcome back.. sorry you missed the name change!

Garance:
How long does it take to walk 3 miles w/Leslie? Glad to hear your back is better:)

Jen:
I give one capsule of Milk Thistle to each dog every day. I am not sure what the dose is for a person, but I think it is more than one a day. I guess it depends on the size of the capsule. Did your GP give you a referral? I would think that they should know who to refer to. It's so hard to get good medical help these days.

Have a good day!

Deb ;-)

Hi Deb and the rest of the gang,

I felt great last night during my run. Today I will be spinning and maybe take the yoga class after.

Deb, You asked me about what kind of cookies do I make on another post. I make at least 7 diffrent kinds, I do this for my brothers.
They each have their favorites and this my Christmas present to them.

It is also fun for my DD and GS, they help me make them and decorate them. My GS ended up eating a lot of gingerbread men last year, he was only 2 then. I had an apron for him and he looked very cute in it and loved wearing it.

He will be spending 2 weeks with me, that means that I have to bring out the jogger from storage.

Have a geat day everyone!

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie and later posters--

I did PS ChShTri + a core workout from Ab Hits. The 3-mile Leslie Sansone walk takes about 40 min.

Once again, after working out, showering, and eating breakfast this morning, I made my turtle bars and Russian teacakes. Standing from 8:30-11:00 really makes my knees tender-achey.

Jen, keep us posted on how you are doing. I am thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

Josie, I used to do a lot more baking, but my sons are really anti-sugar now, so then it ends up being my husband's "duty" to eat all of my goodies. I am just making 4 things this year--2 cookies and 2 bars--and hoping that my guests on Friday night will eat their share. The problem is DH's nog, which is a dessert in itself (a whole meal for that matter!). I caught one of my friends last year adding bourbon to it, and I stopped her. It's already spiked heavily (!) with rum and rye. Tastes mellow, but packs a wallop. I still remember the first time I spent Christmas with his parents, and his mom served this on Christmas morning. Whoopdedoo! I was flying at 9:30 A.M. She's a very demure southerner with a few outrageous southern traits--like this one.

Have a great day everyone!

Ooh--I forgot. Where was the blog post, Deb--or what did it say? I looked for it, but it must be gone.

Question: Does anyone know a good product for hair breakage? My hair just seems to be very fragile right now, I guess from the winter weather.

Hi!

Just thought I would pop back in to see how everyone was doing... here is a copy of the post and response.. I tried to do a link to it but it didn't work:

someone wrote:

I confess, I'm a spoiler, but could ya please spruce up that Blog with anything but the near month old picture? Maybe it should be called a bulletin board instead.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with everything else!\

SNM Response:
I'm sorry if you're disappointed with the Blog, but we don't just put up pictures for the sake of putting up pictures. This is not intended to be a daily Blog. We only like to put up important events on the Blog, not daily happenings. This means there will be times when nothing is posted on the Blog as well as other times when a lot of pictures and information is posted.

Happy Wednesday, All,

Heh, I'm betting that SNM response came from Chris. I don't think that man knows how to be civil.

Last night, I finally did the Step Blast I've been talking about for almost 2 weeks. I felt okay when I started, but sick to my stomach afterwards. I know it was good for me, though. Tonight, I'm doing Power Hour with my 5-pounders (huge eye roll). Next week, up to 6.5s!

Garance, I'm interested in any information on your hair question also.

No luck on an immunologist so far. Everyone I've talked to except the one who won't see me because I don't have a diagnosis is just a ``snot doctor.'' That's what my endocrinologist says doctors call allergists! Deb, I have an insurance plan that doesn't require referrals if I stay in network, and my GP doesn't have any ideas on this, anyway. Sheesh.

It was 85 yesterday! It was 74 this morning, but a cold front finally came through just a little while ago. It is actually expected to get below freezing in a few nights - I can't wait!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi ladies:
Sorry haven't been on much,work and home life pretty busy.
Garance:I too saw No Country for old men. Can you say sequel? When the bad guy doesn't die there's a sure sign.Fargo is one of my favorites.
Josie: 7 kinds of cookies! Wow! I thought I was a cooking maniac. I usually go crazy cooking, but this year my kids aren't coming over so whats the sense in making all that food.
Jen: Good luck finding a allergist. Did you call your insurance company and see what they suggest? I still break out daily with rash and hives but they haven't warranted a visit to ER yet. I stopped my meds(zyrtec, randatidine,doxepin) and have lost 7pds. I do not want to start that again.
Deb:I too tried to find blog, no luck,sounds like someone has hair across you know where.We are suppose to have a big snowstorm move in thursday night. Wish I had my new car.
I'll try to check tomorrow.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.