Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I am back to the "grind" of work etc. I was up at 4:30, did an I-Tread workout. I have DOMS from the 4DS leg workout yesterday and it feels good! It's very rainiy and windy here today, all the snow has melted.

Jen:
I believe somewhere I read that running after GS's is a form of cardio so you can count that as a workout! LOL:) I was wondering if there was a body bar that was shorter than the normal one to use for Absolute Kickboxing? My ceilings in the basement are very low and I actually punctured it the first time I did that workout! Maybe a 3 foot bar?

Linny:
Just keep thinking..." Friday, Friday, Friday....and before you know it will be here!

Garance:
You have to tell us how the dancing was!

Hi to Josie!

Have a great day ladies!

Deb :)

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen, and Josie--

I did 4ds HIS with chest and back (58 min.). Now that I have the step down, I love this workout.

Dancing was FUN! We took an hour of instruction on swing and learned some new stuff, and then from 4-5:30 we went to the final swing party of the Dance Flurry, as it is called. A wonderful swing band and a lot of really talented swing dancers to watch when we weren't on the floor. The Flurry is actually over three days, and there are several dance sites all over downtown Saratoga, with dance classes in many styles, and these big dance halls for larger gatherings. We will definitely do this again next year and go to more classes.

On the way home, we stopped in Schuylerville at what turned out to be an excellent Mexican restaurant. By the time we got home, it was almost time for the second installment of Pride and Prejudice. Nothing better than seeing Colin Firth trying to cool his passions by jumping into the pond at Pemberley! Love this P and P.

You will have to tell us about your new job, Jen. So sorry to hear about your DIL's mom. Remind me--how did she do this?

Hang in there, Linny! And yes, Linny, I love everything about 4ds. The short cardios, the music, the heavy weights. I think it's one of Cathe's best series. The step routines take awhile to master, but they are fun.

Off to teach Rape of the Lock by Alexander Pope. Funny poem.

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Are you going on anymore business trips? Must be nice being home after being away on 2 trips right after each other.
Garance: You're tempting me! I did check out the preview and am thinking of saving my pennies:)
Did you ladies see the new blog? Cathe has some Hunka Hunka men on the new STS series.Talk about huge arms. Cathe is going to look like a munchkin next to them;)
Jen:Was today your first day at new job? Hope all went well.
Josie:Take care.
I couldn't believe all the nurses coming up to me and saying that they wish I wouldn't leave and that they thought I would be an asset to company if I stay. At least I know I'll be more than welcomed back if third shift doesn't agree with me. I so hope it works out.~Linny~

Happy Monday, All,

Garance, DIL's mother fell in the road when her dog suddenly jerked the leash.

Josie, was today the funeral? I'm thinking of you.

Deb, sounds like you're totally back in the swing of things.

Linny, Friday will be here before you know it.

Yesterday I did Christi Taylor's Strength, Balance, and Flexibility. It was tough! To anyone who can do this with more than 5-pound weights, I salute you! This is a grueling endurance workout.

Today was orientation at the new job. I saw so many videos, took so many quizzes, and filled out so many forms, my head was spinning when I got out of there. It was an 8 and 1/2 hour orientation. I still have to complete a quiz online that has 14 chapters. When I got home, I did MIC - that had me gasping for air. I should have no trouble sleeping tonight - I was afraid I might be too nervous since tomorrow is the first day at the actual job.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.