Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I was up today at 4:07 on my own without the "ramblers" waking me up for a change. Not sure what kept them sleeping but I am so glad they did. Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread, burned 287 calories.

Garance:
I did not watch any of the figure skating. Oh to be young again and be able to do some of that stuff!

Linny:
Yes Mexico will be ok, even though I am there for work! The library is my favorite place. I go once a week at least! I also use their e-mail request system which is so great. I keep a list of all the books I want to read and request them from their site. When they are in, they send an e-mail to let me know. I pick them up at my neighborhood library. Such a nice system. Glad you like the 4 wheel drive!

Have a great day,

Deb :)

Hi Deb and later posters--

This morning I did HIS with Chest and Back on 4ds. A little under 60 min.

Never could skate, Deb, so watching them doesn't make me nostalgic--just envious!

Gearing up for second semester, which starts on Thursday.

Watched the Jane Austen series again on Masterpiece Theatre last night. This was a good one--Mansfield Park. Next week it's going to be Pride and Prejudice. I doubt that it will be as good as the BBC 4 hour version with Colin Firth as Darcy, but I will take a look. I'm teaching Pride and Prejudice this spring--but not until after spring break.

What's everyone doing on Superbowl Sunday?

Hi Deb, Linny and Garance,

I did not run this weekend. I ended up going to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and a 50 minute spin class. It was nice doing something diffrent. I also got to do the dune on Sunday before it started to rain.

I need some advice on dogs. I bought a dog house and my dog will not go into it. He had one in the past, and all of a suden he did not want to use it anymore. Any ideas as to how to get him in the dog house?

Today I will be doing my upper body workout at the gym and a spinning class.

Josie

Happy Monday, All,

I came to work, and am having to reassure everyone that the doctor says I'm no longer contagious, since I'm coughing like Typhoid Mary.

Linny, those inhalers do work wonders. I'm trying not to use them because they only have 2 kinds as far as I know, one of which raises my blood pressure and the other one my blood sugar.

Garance, I LOVE figure skating, and watched avidly. Yes, it's a shame that all the judges other than the Americans have been so corrupt over the years that they've had to change to a system that rewards technique much more than artistry. Now they've come down to the problem they have this year - the top 2 U.S. ladies can't go to the World Championships because they're too young. They're going to have to tweak the judging criteria somehow.

I won't be exercising today or tomorrow, because one of my medicines is making me dizzy. I'm hoping to start back up Wednesday.

I'm reading a great book right now, ''Foul Matter,'' by Martha Grimes. It's a murder mystery, but her books are so well-written the mystery part is almost beside the point. This one is based in the world of book publishing.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.