Pentagenarians & Beyond! {Tuesday}

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did an I-Train 40 minutes, 297 calories.

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: Protein shake
B: Cheerios w/strawberries, skim milk
S: cottage cheese w/applesauce
L: chicken on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: apple & stringster cheese
D: Chinese take out
S: WW ice cream bar or almonds

Garance:
Be careful! You certainly don;t need to have a back problem while your knee is healing. My husband read that book you mentioned and said it was very violent. He also read a review of the movie, with a little of the plot laid out and said it did not follow the book. I don;t think I would want to see it either way.

Jen:
Welcome back. You have had a bad year, or at least the last few months. It all started with that terrible elevator accident. I don;t know if this would help regarding your concern about your liver, but I have my dogs on Milk Thistle, which is supposed to build the liver. One of them has a real liver/kidney problem, ( due to a lot of steroids when we were working on her skin allergies). Her liver values were really bad, and the vet said I should start her on Milk Thistle. He actually said it would be good to put both of them on. So I got some at GNC, they get one a day. The last time we had her blood checked, her liver values were back to normal! This vet studied in Seattle with some Asian vets that helped him learn a lot about using herbs & supplements in vet care. He uses what he learned when he thinks it might help. You never know.. it might help you too.

Rhonda:
Sorry to hear about your position changing. Why can't things ever stay the same? I know you posted this before but where exactly are you? I would love to have the temperture be in the 50's.

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Hi Ladies,

I'm still here. I was able to run and do the dunes on Saturday and Sunday. My back is back to normal.

I did not know that you had changed the name of our group. I had to go back and read some of the old postings.

I will be running tonight. I have also been very busy at work and have not been able to post.

Have a great day!

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie--

I did the 3-mile walk premix on her 5-mile walk DVD with Leslie Sansone this morning--her voice OFF. I'm being very careful getting back into aerobics with my knees. My back feels okay.

I made my Spritz cookies and a big beef stew this morning. I was aching a bit after that--3 hours of standing around in the kitchen.

Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your immune issues. I have a friend who came down with the shingles after getting a flu shot, and she 's having problems with nerve damage and some intense pain. The doctor thinks her immune system must have been in trouble to contract shingles after a flu shot. Geez, I hope you can find a physician to help you through this.

Jen, you have to be a fan of the Coen brothers' films I think to appreciate their peculiarly American very dark humor. This is darker than Fargo, but about the same as Blood Simple.

Happy Wednesday, All,

So far, no luck finding an immunologist, though I'm still looking. I found one yesterday. but he is ``quite specialized.'' He only treats a few specific disorders. Although it's possible I could have one of the things he treats, he won't see me because I haven't been diagnosed. Uh, hello? It will take someone like him to diagnose me. Quite the Dilbert-like telephone coversation that was.

Deb, thanks for the suggestion. I'm taking milk thistle, but only one capsule a day. I think I'll double or triple that (or maybe more) and see what happens.

Josie, great to hear from you. I think she's in California?

Lemoncustard, thanks for your well-wishes. Wow, a new position - sounds exciting and scary.

Garance, thanks to you as well. I didn't know the movie was made by the Coen Brothers. I may have to see it now, because ''Fargo'' is one of my favorite movies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.