Pentagenarians & Beyond: @Thursday@

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I did Gym Styles, Back, Shoulders & biceps. After 2 weeks of these workouts, I am ready to move to something else. I decided I am not a fan of band work that much. Not sure what I am going to do next week, maybe Pure Strength. DH and I are still trying to figure out the mystery "beeping". We think it might be the thermostat, but why does it only beep at 3:00 am and not any other time? My knee is back to normal.

Jen:
Sounds like you are all ready to have fun with the GS's! You mention living in the "swamp".. is it because there is a lot of humidty there? is Dallas the same way? I am really not looking forward to my trip to Dallas in 2 wweks..:( ..I get back for one day then it's off to Mexico for a conference for work too.. back to back conferences out of town is torture for me!

Josie:
Yes, you are right about the core and how important it is. When I was in PT for my back a while ago, all the excercises were for strengthening my core and hamstrings. They said that if these are strong, they support the back and help minimize injuries.

Garance:
Thanks for the update on the workout.. I did go to Collage and looked at that workout..it looks good, like something I would like..but I told myself I would not buy anything between now and the STS workouts getting here.. I hope I can make it!:D How is the core work on this one?

Linny:
I hope it works out with your manager and director... she sounds tough!

Have a great day !

Deb;-)

Happy Thursday, All,

Deb, yes Houston is very humid. We're not far from the Gulf of Mexico. Dallas is completely different - it's quite dry there. It's at least a 4-hour drive north of Houston.

Linny, don't let that manager yell at you! That's just bullying you and incredibly unprofessional. If that's what you have to deal with, then maybe you are correct in thinking you need to look around. I hear the demand for nurses is high everywhere.

After DD's grandsons left yesterday, I did Tamilee Webb's Fit to the Hits - Motown Moves and Classical Stretch - The Spine.

Last night DS, DDIL, and their son (Mr. Personality) came over. DIL came in her pajamas! She said she was just too big and pregnant to try to put on clothes. Her due date is Monday. The doctor said they could schedule her to be induced sometime next week, but she doesn't want to because pitocin makes for a more painful labor. My son is all for it though, because he's off next Thu-Fri, and frequently has to travel for work.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny, and Josie

Today I did Leslie Sansone's Fast 4 Miles. I really like this one by her. The intervals are great.

Tonight ballroom dancing with DH. So I will get in a little more exercise.

At final sale, JCrew.com, they have these wonderful turtleneck tissue tees that were once 39.50, now going for 9.99, with an extra 20 per cent discount. I absolutely love them! I bought one when it was marked down to 19.00, but when I saw the newest markdown and had tried out my first one, I bought 5 more in different colors. They are so silky and formfitting and perfect under everything.

Final Winter Study class today. Now a week off before second semester begins. I'm teaching a seminar on Sylvia Plath and Adrienne Rich and a survey course on Restoration through Romantics, beginning with Milton and ending with Keats. I've taught both before, so I'm not nervous.

I bought the Timesaver DVD at Amazon.com from a marketplace seller on Jan. 5 and I still have not received it! I'm not pleased.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.