Pentagenarians & Beyond:==Thursday==

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well today I did 4DS Kickbox only and was not into it.. only burned 186 calories which is a record low for me. My kicks were low, my punches were weak.. I hope I am not coming down with what DH has had for over a week now.x(

Josie:
Good luck on the clean eating! That seems to be the goal of most of us on this board. Especially after the holidays. I give cudos to anyone that can do yoga and like it!

Jen:
You will make it as a morning excerciser, I am sure of it!:) I also got the Absolute Kickboxing one. Garance says that the combination interval kickbox and combat is a good one. I don;t think I could do it for an hour, but I'll try and see how far I can get. I really want to find a way to get to the core only part. Her DVD's are not chaptered like Cathe's. . Do you do all of KPC? I usually do the Kickbox Cardio only pre-mix.

Garance:
I too, can't figure out the format of Dance Wars yet.. how they get eliminated.. etc . Is the furniture for a home office or one at work?

Linny:
Great to hear that your car is almost to you! Still on the fence about the Butler Bag. $165 seems high for me for a purse! I have a permanent search for it set up on Ebay.

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Deb, I really don't like yoga, but as a runner it makes a big difference.

Today I will be running 5.5 miles.

Josie

Hi Deb, Josie, Linny, and Jen--

This morning I did Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim, 4 fast miles (46 min.). This one has 5 intervals where you really push yourself. the first part and last part has some good music. In between, during the intervals, it's her same fast stuff. I thought it was pretty good. I will probably turn off the commentary from Leslie, though. She's just too much for me.

My new office at work--a whole new building of offices is being built now. I went to look at a mock-up and made my choices. A lot of things are going to be bolted down, and in, so it's crucial to look at the layout in advance.

Off to teach, ladies. Enjoy your CRV, Linny! I love mine.

Happy Thursday, All,

My Spreen DVDs have been ordered, but have not yet arrived. Thanks for your opinions; I'm looking forward to these.

Deb, yes I do all of KPC - it's another one I got when it first came out, so it's on VHS. Boy, was I pooped when I finished!

I had planned to do Timesaver/Shoulders tomorrow, but when I looked at the DVD case I realized it uses several parts from KPC, and I don't want to do that 2 days in a row. Now I don't know what I'll do in the morning, but I do know I'll have to rearrange my DVDs when I get home from work today - that usually has a domino effect. I don't want to do weights 2 days in a row, at least not the same body parts, and I don't want to do abs 2 days in a row. I also don't like my cardio to be a long stretch of step, hi-low, or kickbox. I think I'll just rearrange about a week's worth because I'll have to do it again when the Spreens come.

Garance, I have several Leslie Sansones, and she really gets on my nerves if I do her DVDs too often (that's another thing I do when I rearrange DVDs - try to really spread out the Leslies). I enjoy her newer ones much more, like Walk and Kick and Walk and Jog. They're not as boring.

I watched Dance Wars, and I guess I'll continue, although I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance? I read that the eliminations will be done as follows: the audience will vote whether they like Bruno's or Carrie Ann's team better each week, then the leader of the losing team chooses which person will be eliminated. So, if Bruno's team wins, Carrie Ann will have to choose one member of her team to leave and vice versa.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.