Pentagenarians & Beyond <Thursday>

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well the 2 little hellions tried to get up at 3:30 today , and I forced them to stay down until 3:45, when I figured that any more "whisper yelling" would wake DH up who is still very sick with a bad cold. So I got up and did 40 minutes of High Step Training. ( actually 33 minutes plus the stretch). I am down another pound. I think that weighing yourself the first thing in the am after a cardio day is the way to go! . I think your muscles retain a lot of water when you lift weights, so the next day you are heavier. That's my explanation and I am sticking to it! LOL

Garance:
I am glad you are liking that 4DS workout. It is kind of long. I usually skip the core and tack it on to one of my cardio days. It is a killer. }( I am in awe that you can do those step workouts from the series. Please send us the link to that 3 20 minute workouts a week secret!

Jen:
Do you do the whole pyramid when you do PLB? I usually do the "up only" pre-mixes. The whole thing is too long. Glad to hear you like that protein. How did the mixer you got work out?

Linny:
I hope that headache never got worse. I actually went to bed at 8:30 last night. That is probably why the dogs wanted to get up so early today. They can only sleep so long!

p.s I bought that Kimberly Spreen Absolute Kickboxing DVD from Ebay. I hope I like it. Should I buy some type of light body bar?

Have a great day!

Deb ;-)

Happy Thursday, All,

Linny, I didn't know you were prone to migraines - you've really been through the wringer lately, haven't you? I'm glad you averted this one.

Deb, yes I do the whole Pyramid because I got the Pyramids on VHS when they first came out. Believe me, if I had this on DVD, I would probably never do the whole thing!

You guys are starting to make me think I made a mistake not getting the 4DS series. I think I'll poke around on some web sites and price it.

The mixer is great, Deb. It won't crush ice because it's just a small, hand-held, battery-operated mixer, but it's great for mixing the powder with liquid. After that, I put in crushed ice and just swirl it around as I'm drinking.

It's gorgeous weather here today - got down to freezing last night, but should get near 60 degrees today, and just some high, thin clouds that made for a gorgeous sunrise!

Today, I plan to do Timesaver 2 - Back and Core.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb, Jen, and Linny and any later posters--

This morning I did LIS with the shoulders, calves, and core. The step routine on this one is fairly easy and fun. Reminds me in length and difficulty of the step portion of SJP. The whole thing is a little over an hour, and the abs on this one is another very inventive and effective workout. Tomorrow HIS with chest and back.

Never got around to looking for the 20-minute workout yesterday. Too much administrative crap to do.

I have just started reading Richard Russo's The Bridge of Sighs. Already, it's so good. I love his novels. Anyone watching Project Runway? Last night they had to use unconventional materials--Hershey's candy stuff. One dress was made almost entirely of red twizzlers. It was really pretty dazzling--and the designer said, "It even smells good."

Jen, it's 2 degrees here. NOW I envy you that Texas heat. I sure hope it warms up a bit tomorrow, because I was hoping to do some snowshoeing. I'm going to put those neoprene leg braces on BOTH knees and get out there on our land. Jen, I have often thought about the Timesaver DVD. What is it like?

Gosh, Linny, I hope you are all right. Headaches for me are so rare I cannot even remember the last one I had.

First class this afternoon, followed by our first candidate presentation for a job.

Stay warm!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.