Pentagenarians & Beyond: <<Monday>>

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Up very early today ( 3:30).. I am going to be a zombie by the end of the day. I did a 40 minute I-Tread.

Garance:
Snow shoeing for 90 minutes! OMG I would love to know how many calories that burned! Sounds like you and your DH had a lot of fun too!;-) Let us know how you like the Timesaver. I agree with the slanted risers.. why would you need 2? I viewed the Absolute Kickboxing DVD..I found that you cannot go to a particular section, eg if I just want to do the Abs/core work..there are no chapters. unless I am missing something on how to get to them.

Linny:
Sending you "Car Arrival" vibes! Yum on your Mexican dinner.. :9 . The Eating Clean magazine is put out by Oxygen. The woman who wrote The Eat Clean Diet book is a columist in Oxygen and she has some articles in this one too. All in all it is pretty interesting. Lots of ideas. They also give a 30 day menu with shopping lists and everything.

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hi Deb and any later posters--

I did 4ds Bootcamp with bis and tris this morning. I modify a lot of the cardio and still get a good workout. It's just simple moves anyway. I won't exercise tomorrow because I'm interviewing a candidate for a position in the English dept. Unlike you Deb, there is just no way I'm getting up any earlier than my usual 6:15. I cannot believe you get up so early!

Snowshoeing is a really good workout, especially if you are going up hills as I did on Saturday. Today, everything is melting and it's supposed to go up to near 60 tomorrow. Weird weather. A week ago, sub-zero, this week spring.

I tried the core work one time on the Absolute Kickboxing and didn't like it, so I cannot help you there. I gravitated to that one alternating premix for cardio, and that was what I did. Not the most versatile workout, I guess.

I so envy you Linny. We don't have any good Mexican food here in this town either (I think I mentioned the lousy Chinese food). There's a place up in Bennington, VT., but it's only average. I like Mexican, but I have a tendency to overeat on this cuisine for some reason.

The new year is now very much here, isn't it??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.