Peeps on Wed Jan 28

pwmatt

Cathlete
Good Morning. I've got PS chest,shoulders and tris on tap today. Yesterday I ended up doing the timesaver cardio for LIC and the abs too. That was a very good workout.

All that chili talk yesterday made me want some. I had made some on Sunday and we had the leftover last night.:D Mine was just the stuff you make from the mix - easy and quick. that's the name of the game for me!

Becky, how is that pulled something?

I'll check back later.

G'Morning !

Phyllis so did you receive your STS yet?

Heather I know you received it last night and I'll be reading what you think of it so far :)

I'm really excited for those of you who have it or are waiting for the UPS person (mine is sometimes a lady ;) ) to deliver STS.

I'm thinking Legs & Glutes for myself today then do some Turkish Get Ups

Waves to all the Peeps!

Cheers.......

picture.php

yes, Vilma, I got it yesterday. I haven't looked at the discs yet although I did check out the users guide. It is very comprehensive - a nice explanation of the entire program and detailing all the different cycles. I haven't decided when I will start. I will start previewing the discs soon.

Phyllis- Take this snow day off and preview the discs before I drive down there and do it myself!!!!! I'm dying here!!!

Hi to all Peeps,

School is closed today for SNOW!!!! I am soooo happy.

Sorry I have missed what is going on with all Peeps, I'll check back in later.
Playing in the snow counts as a w/o right????

ellie

Yes, schools are closed but I still have to work.:mad: Ellie, you know the medical profession. It doesn't close down for inclement weather. :mad:

I have a meeting tonight for the shelter, so I may not get to preview the discs tonight either!:eek:

Hi all peeps and welcome back Ellie!

Snow day here, it is coming down fast and furious!

Of course I am at work today, DS is home playing with Sherman!:p

Today was a cardio day, the last 3 days of Cathes' rotation are all weight work, so I am breaking them up. I did Christi's Still Jumpin and then the core section from 4DS KB.

Looking forward to reviews of STS here!

Good Morning everyone !

WELCOME BACK ELLIE !!!!! :)

Heavy snow coming down here . We got alot yesterday plus ice , now it's snow again. DD has no school again today !
I made overnight oatmeal with steel cut oats for the first time , and LOVED waking up to a nice hot bowl of comfort !!!:)

I'm skipping working out one more day. My muscle pull probably isn't really a pulled muscle......it's that pain in my hip/butt that always sets off a big deal with my back. I am doing everything I can to avoid that, because THAT puts me out for weeks !!!
And with STS coming TODAY (if the UPS man can get here) I want to be in good shape for it as soon as possible !!!

I miss working out regularly SO BAD and can't wait to be back !

But today, I will take advantage of being snowed in and will read, knit, and watch movies with DD !
Maybe bake some chocolate chip cookies too. She's been asking for them.

Have a good one !

Becky

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! These wild Texas weather swings (from 80 degrees one day to 30 degrees the next) are getting to my immune system. I am under the weather today. With a lovely layer of ice and a big hill plus several bridges between me and the office, I left a message for my boss that I am taking a personal day to rest and recover. I am looking forward to walking my first 5K Saturday morning and starting STS Sunday morning. I need to feel better!

That is the bad news. The good news is that I can stay in bed, sip pink lemonade Emergen-C, and enjoy an STS preview party! Yesterday was quite a day! I felt like a little girl on Christmas Eve watching the STS radar. I almost cried when my package was lost in Louisville, but I prayed instead! It finally arrived in Texas after lunch and hit an unexpected weather delay. By the time it arrived at my local distribution center, the powers that be decided that it was not possible for me to even pick it up at that late hour. Travis (my UPS guy) is my hero! He made a special delivery just for me after hours! I am so excited. I love the storybook storage cases. They remind me of the Lifesavers Sweet Storybooks Santa left in my Christmas stocking every year! Something tells me that there is more pain than pleasure packed in these STS storybooks! The storage case for the optional leg squat rack routines is pretty cool too! I posted my first review in the STS forum last night:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257593

I am looking forward to my STS Super Bowl Sunday!

Phyllis, drive carefully this morning. Stay safe and warm.

Vilma, check out my STS preview review!

Ellie, I am so happy for you. Have fun playing in the snow. Send a snowball to Texas! We have ice, but not snow. Cathe does snow angels in one of her workouts. Playing in the snow is a workout!

Conni, take some snow pictures for me. I want to see Sherman playing in the snow!

Becky, I cook my steel cut oats in the rice bowl of my food steamer. It takes 50 minutes. I set the timer before my workout, and they are cooled down to the perfect temperature after my workout. I pray for a speedy recovery for both of us. We need to feel our best for STS!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Guten Morgen, Peeps! :)

ICE is the word of the day here in Dallas!! I am at home again with Houdini and DH, but should be able to go to work tomorrow. Hurrah!

I did ME this morning, minus the glute raises (I feel weird doing those, like I'm not doing them right, so I just skip 'em) and abs. Then I subbed Core Max abs with the medicine ball instead.

Conni, I looked at the Food Network Cincinnati Chili recipe and it calls for cinnamon and chocolate so I'm on the right track! I told DH about it and he thinks chili served over spaghetti sounds gross. But he likes Texas chili--no beans, chunks of beef, not ground beef. I'm still making it, though, because it sounds really good to me!! :)

Off to read Heather's STS review!
:) Wendy

Good evening, Peeps!!!

First off...Ellie...NNNOOOOO..playing in the snow doesn't count as a workout....get up and get Cathe'ing..or else (is Cathe'ing even a word)

As for me, I enjoyed Melt Max today as the rain washed the leftover snow away. I headed to the gym for an hour on the elliptical machine..one of these years, I am going to buy an elliptical..al I have to do is clean out my spare room..so it shouldn't be less than 10 years from now!!

Tomorrow is GS Chest and Tri, and push-up mania..as I have stated many times, I only do pushups from the bent knee position due to my back problems, and these ones are tough..I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence and say they are as tough as straight leg variety, but bent leg keeps me in the game, whereas straight leg will leave me on the couch w/ ice and heat!

Right now, I am kicking myself for cancelling STS...the little green eyed monster is out, but I just know what'll happen if I decided to order this....I'll get frustrated at all the modification I'll have to do, try the series as is, and get hurt again...no thank you!

I will be getting AB circuits, though!!

Happy STS'ing all!!

Hey all,

Wendy - I can't wait to hear what you think of the chili. Personally I like a 4 way, chili, spaghetti, cheese and onion. Don't forget the hot sauce, and if you really want to be authentic, you have to have oyster crackers too.
In Cincinnati, if you go to a chili place you had better not roll the pasta on your fork. You are supposed to cut into the pasta with your fork instead. Now, I am an authentic italian with major issues on that part, but so far no one has reported me to the chili police.

Heather - I will try to figure out how to post some Sherman pics, I am not too good with this stuff....

Hey all,

Wendy - I can't wait to hear what you think of the chili. Personally I like a 4 way, chili, spaghetti, cheese and onion. Don't forget the hot sauce, and if you really want to be authentic, you have to have oyster crackers too.
In Cincinnati, if you go to a chili place you had better not roll the pasta on your fork. You are supposed to cut into the pasta with your fork instead. Now, I am an authentic italian with major issues on that part, but so far no one has reported me to the chili police.

Heather - I will try to figure out how to post some Sherman pics, I am not too good with this stuff....

LOL about cutting your spaghetti with a fork--that is how my parents (norwegian/swedes) TAUGHT me how to eat it! (We were taught to use a knife and fork instead.) When I went to Purdue, I became friends with two girls from New Jersey and they about had a heart attack when they saw me do that! They tried to teach me to twirl but it was a big failure, LOL. Still do fork cutting and hope not too many people notice...HA!

If you add kidney beans, it's a five-way, right?

Peeps My Peeps

I have been so busy with the boys I haven't really paid much attention to you guys. I am sooooo sorry. I will be back in the saddle tomorrow and looking forward to hear how everyone is doing. Have a great night!!!

ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.