Peeps TGIF Jan 30

pwmatt

Cathlete
Happy Friday!!

Chrissy,Conni I think I will start my STS on Monday. I'll take the weekend to finish my 1rms and do premeasurements and pics.

I think I'll do a short cardio today - maybe HIS or LIS and then i'll do some more of my 1rms.

Thankfully, the dog had a better night last night, but DD now has a stomach virus.:mad: This is a big weekend for her too as she has her concert for All South Jersey Choir. I'm hoping that she can make it.

TGIF!!!

Phyllis- i hope your DD feels better. How yucky to get sick right before this. Where is her concert???
Are you excited to start STS????

I feel like I have missed so much here in the last few days!!! How is everyone???

Hi Chrissy- I am sooooo sorry I missed you on Monday. I hope you got my message. Was the class killer like usual???? Now that DH is home I feel like i can relax a bit with DS. You got STS too??? I need reviews here.

Hi to all Peeps, I'll BBL for more
ellie

Good Morning Phyllis ! Hi Everyone ! :)

Phyllis, I hope your DD is better soon ! That was one nasty stomach virus that we passed around here !! :(

I got STS yesterday! I'm very excited about it and can't wait to start.
Boy, am I ever sorry now I put off doing the 1RM testing !!!!!!!!
I better start that right away !

MIL's surgery went very well, and she is home and happy to be there !

I did my own shoulder exercises with the band yesterday.

I may start the testing today and call it my workout.
How much did you guys do a day ??

TGIF !

Becky Hi Ellie !!! You snuck in on me ! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Hellos to Phyllis, Ellie, Becky & All the Peeps!

Phyllis
sorry about your DD I hope she gets better soon & she can make her concert.

Ellie How are you doing? Are things beginning to settle down just a little bit for you? I hope your ds and the rest of your family are doing well. You guys have sure had one heck of a week so I hope you are slowly able to relax & de-stress.

Becky Wow I'm glad your MIL is doing well after her eye repair, I'm surprised that she was not kept over night though I would have thought at her age and her surgery site they would have. I hope she is on the mend and hopefully she will not have any falls so bad.

Have a Fantastic Friday Everyone :)

picture.php

Ellie, the concert is at Eastern Regional High in Vorhees - one on Sat and one on Sun

Becky, I have just been doing a few 1rms a day. This weekend will be more intense though as i am trying to prepare to start on Mon. So, finding them will most likely be my workout for the day. You must be relieved that your MIL is done with the surgery. When is her post op check?

Hey Vilma - what's your plan for today?

Phyllis, Post op visit is Wednesday. They didn't want to put her to sleep (age), so it was done with a local. That's why it was outpatient and she got to go home. The surgeon repaired the skin/lid , but not the tear duct. He just said it wasn't worth the risk of general anesthesia .

Phyllis, thanks for the info on the 1rm testing. I think I'll do some today.

Becky

Hi Peeps,

My mom came up for a visit, so we are going to have coffee and lunch today. I need to get out of this house and regain some sanity.

Becky- OMG, your poor MIL. Is she still in a lot of pain???? Ouch! The tear duct is sooooo delicate. Have fun with STS and know that I am totally jealous!!!!

Vilma- I am exhausted as expected. I need a napmax this am before I even decide what w/o to do. It will be a cathe-lite for sure. I can't afford to get sick right now.

I hope all Peeps enjoy the fact that it's TGIF. I sooo need a weekend to get back in order around here. I can't believe how fast this week went.

ellie

I did Amy Bento's Rumble last night and loved it!! I can't wait to do it again.

Tonight I will either do High Step Challenge or a functional fitness workout.

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

I woke up in the middle of the night with horrid hamstring knots--usually when I do an intense leg workout, I need cardio the next day to stretch them out...and when I didn't get my cardio in yesterday, this was the result! Ugh! So I got up, went to the sofa, plugged in my heating pad and slept...It worked! Just a little tight this morning but nothing bad. I did Basic Step (due to the interrupted sleep this was about all I could manage at 5:30AM!) and Stretch Max without equipment. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better.

:) Wendy

Good Afternoon, Peeps..

Today will be some form of Kickbox, most likely 4 DS..I just wish it was more than an hour long, I love it!!! I could always combine it with another premix from eith KPC, KM, or CK, I suppose.

Ellie...enjoy your much need break with your mother!!

Check back in later!

Hi Peeps!

Becky - I am glad everything went okay with your MIL, I am sure you are breathing a bit easier today.:rolleyes:

Phyllis - I am sorry to hear about DD. I hope she feels better in time for the competition.:confused:

Today was Gays' Cardio Step Infusion ( or something like that...all I know is that it didn't have the words "surge" or "max"...).
Nice step workout with intervals and core.:eek:

Jerry - 4DS KB is okay, but it misses something for me, I am not sure. It was hyped to be the best KB Cathe has done, but for me that would be KPC, so I guess I am jaded.:cool:

Conni- I agree, 4DS KB didn't WOW me either. I prefer kickmax and KPC.
Any fun plans for the weekend??? Did you order STS???

ellie

TGIF!!!

Hi Chrissy- I am sooooo sorry I missed you on Monday. I hope you got my message. Was the class killer like usual???? Now that DH is home I feel like i can relax a bit with DS. You got STS too??? I need reviews here.

ellie

I reinjured my calf thursday night and Monday it wasn't completely healed yet. So I only made it thru the warm up and had to leave. I couldn't do the impact. So I did the elliptical upstairs. After the class, Cathe took me out for coffee. It made the fact I couldn't do the class not so bad. We had a nice chat about our boys and everyday life.
I'm happy everything is returning back to normal for you. Get some rest. Talk to you soon.
chrissy

Hi Peeps!

Becky - I am glad everything went okay with your MIL, I am sure you are breathing a bit easier today.:rolleyes:

Phyllis - I am sorry to hear about DD. I hope she feels better in time for the competition.:confused:

Today was Gays' Cardio Step Infusion ( or something like that...all I know is that it didn't have the words "surge" or "max"...).
Nice step workout with intervals and core.:eek:

Jerry - 4DS KB is okay, but it misses something for me, I am not sure. It was hyped to be the best KB Cathe has done, but for me that would be KPC, so I guess I am jaded.:cool:

Conni....I like 4DS KB, but KPC is still king (or queen, I guess) of all Cathe workouts for me!! I do like 4DS a little bit more than KM, because I really can't do alot of the blast challenge segment of KM, but the leg drills on KM are great for improving form.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.