Peeps on Inauguration day

pwmatt

Cathlete
Good morning. My heat was supposedly fixed yesterday, but it's still a little cool in here. The therm. is set at 68 but it's only 65.:mad:

My day will start with IM2 - a comfort wo for me. :)

The girls are back to school today - back to the routine for all of us. Oh, except DH! He is leaving for Phillies Phantasy camp tomorrow. He'll be warm and having fun!!

Good Morning Phyllis an all who come after

Today is Newport.
I am back to school today. I live in Montgomery county Maryland and all the public and private schools are closed. A few nursery schools and day care places are open. My nursery school is open:mad::mad: All of us teachers are mad!! but we have to be there! So my 2 boys and I will be at my school today. We are bringing a tv in, incase the tv they set up for us has an issue. Alot of parents aren't sending their kids today! Okay, sorry for the rant, we all lobbied to be off, but the director just doesn't care!!

Phyllis~ Glad your heat is working! have fun with IM2.

Have a great day today!

Deanie, will you get time to watch the ceremony on tv?

Jerry, how did it go at the animal shelter? I forgot to ask you more about it the other day.

Phyllis...I'm going to go over this Thursday and see if they need someone.

Deanie..It's ridiculous that you have school today, IMHO...days don't get too much more historical than this!

Regarding the inauguartion, all I want to see is the swearing in...it really doesn't matter one iota about the scores of parties and balls, I just don't see the big deal about what Michele Obama is wearing..although I will admit she is a beautiful woman...that won't matter a hill of beans in the grand scheme, what does matter is the job Barack does leading our country.

As for work outs..I actually did a triple header Cathe workout (yesterday)...GS Legs, KPC abs, and a segment from Total Body Stretching, and I feel great this morning, if a little sore. A power walk/jog will be my workout today!

BBL

Good Morning !

Hi Phyllis, Deanie, Jerry and others who follow !

I've been MIA , due to illness, injury and then my MIL had a fall Sat morning and we ended up 9 hours in the ER and then she was admitted.
She is okay but has to have surgery . She fell, hit her head, and ripped off her bottom eye lid !! She broke her nose, has two black eyes and a bump on her head !
But at 87 years old , and with Parkinson's , she is TOUGH!!!
She got to go home last night .
It was a LONG weekened, running back and forth to the hospital and taking care of things for her. Now I need a break from what was supposed to be a relaxing Holiday weekend !

It's back to exercise this morning after TOO long of a rest.......and I have NO idea what I should do today. I need weight and cardio in the worst way !
Maybe I'll PUMP( a CC) .

I hope everyone's well. I've not been on here at all, so I feel out of the loop.

Time to exercise.....I better figure out what I'm going to do !!!:confused:

Becky

Hi Peeps,

Phyllis - Have fun, you crazy "Genie Hopper"!

Jerry - I would seriously hope that you didn't care about what Michelle Obama is wearing today...

Becky - I am sorry you are facing these challenges again with MIL. What a weekend you have had. I hope things settle down soon, I am sure this does not help your sleep issues.

Today was Cardio Fusion - Not a fav, so I did Seasun's TNS and core.

Have a great day.

Hi Peeps,

I too am not having a great day. My DS cardiologist called and "something" showed up on his latest cardiac monitoring. We do it at home and send the recordings via phone to duPont. So DH is flying home Friday am on the red eye and we are pff to duPont at 9am. IS IT FRIDAY YET???? I am a jangle of nerves, didn't sleep, trying to eat a little oatmeal right now, but definately no w/o for me today! Too nervous.

Becky- I went thru the same thing with my MIL and my father. It was soooo hard taking care of everyone. I hope you can get some rest. Forget the w/0 and just eat healthy, rest and drink lots of water. That's my plan anyway.

Deanie- I thought they shut down pretty much everything today due to the traffic, and lack of trains available. They shut down most of the busuiness in the city, where are all these people going. Hopefully, you can watch some of it on TV.

Jerry- a triple header Cathe??? I did that right in her step class!!!! You are just trying to beat my DH in the killer monday class in Feb. No worries there. He's a nervous wreck!!!

Hi to all Peeps who follow!!!
ellie

Morning Peeps:

I'm off to school conferences with DD's teachers. No school for her today. In fact, she hasn't been in school since last Wednesday because they cancelled school Thurs/Fri for extreme cold then off yesterday for MLK.

Not sure what workout I'll be doing yet but yesterday was Imax Extreme. WOW, I hadn't done that one in a long time and it was tough!

Hope everyone has a great day!

JJ

Ellie, I don't know what your DS's heath issues are but I'm sorry to hear what's going on now !!!! Please let us know how everything goes . How old is your son ? I pray that it all works out and he is better very soon !

I did a workout and I NEEDED it !!!!! I feel much better.
I did Amy's all pump xtreme upperbody & abs. I'd love to get a walk in later, but won't count on it.

JJ, I love imax extreme, but haven't done it in a long time and it would KILL me now !!! I'll have to work back up to that one !

Connie, you're right. Good sleep is NOT happening now !:(

Hope everyone has a good day.

Becky

Good Afternoon

We (the teachers) each brought a tv into our classes and we watched while the kids played today, and at 11:45 we took all the kids into the youth lounge with the huge tv and watched the swearing in.:) Better than nothing, so I am happy.
It was like a ghost town around here...no traffic, and everything so quiet. My friends DH was on the metro at 4:15a.m. and said it was packed!! it must have been a madhouse down on the mall!!!! A very historical day, and I am very happy to have seen it!

Phyllis~ so, yes we did get to see it anyway!

Jerry~ that's all I wanted to see also. And yes, I could care less what Michelle Obama is wearing...she's so much more than that! Good job with the triple header yesterday!

Becky~ sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she's better soon

Conni~ hope you enjoyed your workout.

Ellie~ so sorry to hear about your DS, please keep us posted. (((hugs)))

JJ~ hope you had a fun workout!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Peeps.

I am back after my little freak out this morning. For those that don't know, my youngest son was born with a cardieac condition. he has yet to require surgery and we are trying to avoid it at all costs. he gets monitored 24 hors a day for one month, then 2 months off etc. The last 6 months everything has been fine, I guess this past reading wasn't so great!! I am better under control now and decided I just need to take it one day at a time. I could very easily go over the edge!!!

I hope everyone else is having a great day!!!!!

ellie

Oh, Becky how horrible for your MIL! Is your DH shaken up?

Ellie, I would be a nervous wreck as well. How long before you know something?

Hi again Phyllis :)

Of course he feels horrible for her. He is an only child and she is his only parent left. But she has had many falls in the past several years and she is extremely stubborn and will NOT use her walker, nor take anyone's advice on how she could stay safer.
Her attitude is " If I fall , I fall " . It's very stressful and upsetting, and of course all the responsibility for her care falls on him (us).

Two years ago she was in the hospital for weeks and a nursing home for months for surgery and rehabilitation after another fall .

Our oldest daughter is with her (working thru senior services) 5 days a week, making sure she takes her meds and eats, etc.. and recently our DS moved in , so someone is there overnight. She has lifeline also .
We've done everything possible to allow to her stay living in her home, which is what she wants. I think at this point she has more people looking out for her than she would if she moved into a nursing home.
Still, with Parkinson's her balance is not very good and she also has something (they haven't figured it out yet) that is causing her to faint.
That's what happened this time. She fainted and hit her head hard, we think on the door frame.

Thanks for asking. I hope I didn't give you TMI . It DOES look like I wrote her life story!!!:p

Have a good night.
Becky

Hi folks! Not much time to check in today...way busy!

Ellie, I'm really sorry to hear about your son. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

This morning I was pretty tired to I did Crunch: Super Slimdown Yoga/Pilates Blend. I like that one! I can't wait until I get 4DS!

Gotta go, DH is getting dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.