Peeps are in the house!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps!!!!

I stayed in my jammies all day yesterday and was a complete slug!!!! It felt great. This morning I am ready for Drill Max before a nice hot shower and Church I feel refreshed. I soooo needed a day off!!!

I'll BBL
Have a great day
ellie

Ellie, I doubt that you were were a slug. It's just not in your nature! :D

I never did my wo yesterday as a few problems arose. Our heater is not working properly. Right now it's about 58 in here. Anyway, I just didn't want to. This morning I'm off to the animal shelter with my girls, so a wo probably wont happen today either. My DH tells me not to stress about it, but 2 days off in a row is kinda wierd for me.

Later peeps!

Phyllis

2 days off may feel weird (and wonderful) but think of all those poor animals you are going to help!!! I admire your dedication. I hope tou and DD's have a wonderful day.

BTW- Drill Max is KILLER!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

ellie

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! Good news! I decided to take the plunge and give the 5K a whirl the end of this month. My friend Rebecca and I went to the park where the race will take place and walked 2.4 miles of the very hilly course yesterday morning. I have never walked more than a mile, and I have not been training for this. I am 144 pounds overweight (or was as of the first of this year), and Rebecca is the same weight and size. We completed 2.4 miles of the course in 48 minutes. That is a 20-minute mile. I paused at the top of a big hill to listen to "Shackles" and do the happy dance! LOL! Those hills are butt burners, and I was not expecting so many of them! Oh my! It will be inspiring to see people run all those hills! I was hoping for a flat course for my first 5K, but I can walk this one. Yes, I can!

My Zumba teacher wants to train me to walk/run a 5K in March (and hopefully run more than I walk). I am not concerned about setting any speed records for this first one. I just want to fight the good fight and finish the course! After years of Cathe cardio, it is amazing how challenging something as simple as walking can be when my body has not yet adapted to it! My game plan is to listen to my body and walk my first 5K this month at a comfortable pace, train with my Zumba teacher to walk/run the one in March or May, and get in shape to run one by the end of the year (when I am hopefully lighter on my feet and not carrying the weight of another person).

The good news is that I woke up this morning with no pain or discomfort in my feet or joints, which is amazing to me. I am fully persuaded that MSG was the source of my pain all along. Yippee!

I am doing the happy dance this morning and fixin’ to enjoy the 4-Day Split LIS/HIS double cardio premix before the worship service.

Conni, we are in this together! I am thankful for all my check-in friends. It is good to have "live" support here at home too.

Ellie, I am glad you enjoyed a restful Saturday. Drill Max is intense!

Phyllis, snuggle with some kitties for me this morning.

Hugs to all the Peeps. Happy Sunday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Go Heather!!!!
I am doing the happy dance for you!!!
Well the modified happy dance since I did Drill Max this am and it is killer!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

ellie

Hi Peeps,

Well, it is warmer here today, 25 and practically balmy! We have all been outside with Sherman playing in the 2 feet of snow and having a good time.

Our furnace is acting up too Phyllis, I am not thrilled, but it seems to be something minor and we are getting it taken care of tomorrow, I think.

I did B & G today, the Floor and Ab premix.

I am basically a Browns fan, but for now I am rooting for the Steelers!!!

Heather, good for you!! It's wonderful to have a goal and friends to do it with.:D What is "Shackles"?

Ellie, there were some new residents at teh shelter today. Becca and Caity wanted to bring Roxy home(a lab mix puppy) and Chas( a kitty that looks like the one we recently put down). It will be a little difficult fighting off their pleas to bring animals home every week, but I figure that will wear off by the 50th time saying NO.

Conni, 25 degrees! Go get your swimsuit on!;) We have a little heat - enough to get by until tomorrow when the heater person comes.

Later

Phyllis,

We have been outside catching the snowflakes on our tongues!!!!!
I only wish we could get an inch or 2 since the boys are off tomorrow!!!
I need my SNOW!!!!
ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.