Peeping Around the Clock

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Peeps:

Good morning! It will be rise and shine time when you read this. It is after 4:00 a.m. and nighty night time for me. Yes, I have been up all night! The good news is that I rested and napped Saturday and feel better. My heart rate is back to normal, the itching has subsided, and I am not having dizzy spells or vision problems. The bad news is that sleeping too much during the day kept me awake at night! My days and nights are mixed up now. Oops! I am still carrying the water weight and not breathing well, so I am keeping my appointment with my doctor Monday afternoon.

I ventured out for a little while this afternoon but did not attempt any shopping. The traffic was crazy. Where did all those cars come from? It was in the 70s today. It is getting chilly tonight, and winter is arriving with a cold blast. This weather is wild with all these temperature swings!

Jill, there is no pressure to post personals here. All of us get overwhelmed at times. Please feel free to peep in just to say hello if you are too busy for an update.

Ellie, great job with IMAX2. I am sorry you had to return all those gifts. My mother always taught me that if you want something done right the first time, do it yourself! LOL!

Jerry, I am a cardio and circuit training queen too. Those are my favorite Cathe workouts. I may join the Peeps circuit challenge until I am ready for STS.

Wendy, I want to meet Miss Avery someday! I just know that I would love her! I am glad you had a successful shopping day. I love High Step Challenge! It is one of Cathe’s best circuit workouts and way more fun with better music than High Step Training. If circuit training is what you want, you will love it. Body Max 2 is more versatile with more premixes.

Phyllis, it is so good to see you here. Please visit as often as you like. The real name of Wendy’s little one is Avery. I like the Low Max premixes too. It is fun to split that one.

JJ, did you find new snow boots for your furry friend?

Dani, I am glad you had fun at your party. Did you have a successful shopping day?

Karin, do you have a car? I cannot imagine living without a car here. Have fun with the family portrait. That should be a big adventure. Your cardio and circuit rotation with one total body workout every week sounds like fun. I may join y’all in January before I dive into the serious STS rotation. Enjoy your trip to Jersey. I am praying for safe travel.

Vilma, I miss you and hope you are okay. Please check-in soon!

Hugs to any other Peeps who join us today. Happy Sunday! I am going to bed now to sleep for a few hours before church!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Good Morning Peeps= Good Night Heather.

Heather- I have done the all nighters before and the next day is sooooo hard not to nap!!! I can never sleep when one of my boys is sick so I end up being exhausted the next day. I found that a 1/2 hour power nap helps.
The traffic around here yesterday was awful, probably worse because the weather is going to be bad today. Hope you feel better.

I still have this little cold thingy, but it's just annoying. I'm not sick. That one thing I had back in October was a once in every 15 years for me. Thank God

What circuit thingy is everyone planning on???? I want in!

The rooster wants his breakfast NOW and the other one is still asleep. I'll BBL
ellie

Me again,

Karin-have a safe trip. I hope it's tomorrow and not today that you are coming to Philly because everything here is delayed or cancelled. It's going to clear up tomorrow. Is your area under snow or ice??? I'll be home all day because I don't drive in this stuff. I'm like a little old lady on the road in the snow. The other drivers are safer if I stay off the road!!

Jerry- Of course I kept both numbers!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you and DW a few times when I'm down the shore. And I may need that shoulder one day!!! My DH is really looking forward to meeting you and DW.

Gayle- looks like your weather is even worse than mine! We were supposed to go to a party today up in Macungie, but the weather is too bad. I guess we'll just have to stay home and cuddle up with a good book. Yeah right, my boys are way too excited for Christmas to be sitting still anytime soon!!!

Phyllis- Jer's a Peep, I'm a Peep. wouldn't you like to be a PEEPer too.
(Please sing that to tune of Dr. Pepper)

Jill- what are your plans for this week??? Are you doing a certain rotation right now or just trying to survive the holidays like me?? I am sore from Imax 2 yesterday but I might do an upper body w/o.

Wendy- I have High step training but not HS challenge. I'm gonna have to look into that. Houdini had a rough time at the restaraunt huh?? She's only 2 and it's so hard for them to sit there sometimes. I hope your day picked up.

JJ- are you still out shopping???? ha ha.
Vilma- my H20 level is getting VERY low, come on back and boost us up!!

Dani- You peeked!!!!! I always do too!!! That's such a great present. I do my Cathe 's on a big screen and it's soooo cool, you feel like you are there. What are you shopping for??? My DH and I only get each other little gag gift from the kids because we have enough to do with the boys. And we laugh really hard about our funny gifts, so it makes for a fun Christmas morning.

Hi to all Peep. Have a great day.
Happy Hannukah!!!

ellie

Morning Peeps:

Another freezing day in the "ice box" of the nation. I came home yesterday with a cute set of Muttluks boots (the Ugg equivalent in the dog world:rolleyes:). The store manager assured me these were the right size so with much fanfare, I put them on Cooper and he stood there holding up his paw looking at me like I just lost my mind. I sent him outside and the next thing I notice is the boots flying all over the place. They were velcroed on tightly but obviously they are still too big so back to the store they go. Of course they were sold out of the smaller sizes so now I'm back to square one:mad:

Heather~ Glad to hear you are feeling better....now go get some much needed sleep after being up all night.

Ellie~ The traffic must be bad everywhere. I don't go anywhere near the mall on the weekends and now with all this ice and snow, the roads are like parking lots with cars just barely crawling along.

Hi to all peeps who check in later. Have a great Sunday!

JJ

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! I am awake after a 3-hour "nap" and freezing my fluffy butt off! Brrr! Thankfully, there is no ice on the roads down here. I am peeping back in to send Hanukkah blessings to Phyllis and any other Peeps who celebrate.

Jerry, I am not talking about the game. I am sentimental and disappointed about losing the last home game in Texas stadium. Here’s to a better season next year. Out with the old, in with the new!

Ellie, you can keep the ice up there! I do not drive on that stuff. We do not have the equipment down here to deal with snow and ice, so a quarter of an inch paralyzes us and shuts downs roads and miles of the interstate. Northern truck drivers are in shock when that happens. I can drive on the fluffy white snow, but not ice. Please stay warm and safe today. I am praying that you will feel better soon. Even if this cold is just annoying, you need plenty of energy to keep up with those roosters!

JJ, I am sorry the doggie boots did not fit. Can you find a smaller pair online and have them overnighted to you? Take a picture of Cooper in his new boots when you find a pair.

It is time to get ready for church and brave the cold. For some reason, 30 degrees feels extremely cold when it was in the 70s less than 24 hours ago. Brrr.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Hey peeps! LL is awaiting me today - a nice short and sweet lower body WO!

We have rain, rain, rain here. Ellie, are you getting snow? You are not that far from me, so I would have thought that we would have the same weather.
Oh, thanks for the Hanukkah wishes. Tonight , we will be lighting the first candle. Well, actually we'll light it today before DS and his SO leave for her house.

Heather, I'm shocked that you have 30 degree weather!!:confused: Eww! You expect that here, but not in TX!

JJ, i so need to see a picture of those boots on you dog! I have to ask, 2 or 4???

OK...I want to preface this with the fact that I am not one of those people who dress up their dog in outfits etc... But last winter he gained weight because we couldn't walk or play outside for very long without his poor paws becoming frozen and caked with snow. So I had high hope for these boots. I'm going to try to find them in a smaller size and see if they stay on any better.

Here's Cooper.....

IMG_0046.jpg

JJ

Good Morning Peeps!

Have you been drinking your water quota? :)

I've just finished my 2nd 20oz and now I can have my coffee, then my breakfast of oatmeal w/ fruit - boring eh?

Sorry I had not peeped in the check in usually in the mornings is when I get a chance to get online and after that life gets busy.

My 10yr old DD ended up having Bronchitis remember I said her asthma had been flaring up? Well it was that and the bronchitis so she is on antibiotics and a stronger cough syrup.

Heather I have not gone back to read the previous posts but my goodness! Did you have an allergic reaction to something?!
Oh geez sounds like you are doing better but still I am so sorry that you got sick.
Missed you too as I love reading your posts -sending big hugs your way and yes here in NC our weather has been crazy. It goes up one day and down the next at the moment we are having a big rain storm that's passing through and I need to go out and get some food for the kiddos here. No snackage at all and the troops are complaining lol

Ellie
-I also want to know what this circuit thingy is all about. The past few days I have not done a workout as I had planned between taking care of my sick kid and dealing with wrapping presents doing the carpool for my son I'm just tired. Hmm perhaps I'll do about 100-200 swings with my kettlebell.
So how are you doing w/ your water intake have you noticed a change besides using the water closet much?;)

JJ Cooper is so cuuutttee! :D
Awww my dog had boots when I lived up in NYC and she needed her walk in the snow. So sorry the boots don't fit do you know when they'll get the small size in? Stay warm my friend...passes JJ a hot toddy.

Phyllis! My daily check in buddy nice to see you here :) I need to go over there in a bit and post :)

Well Peeps have a great day!

picture.php

JJ- I love it!!!

I am one of those people who dress up the dogs. My golden retriever died a few years ago but she always had a halloween costume and Christmas outfit and of course Scooby Doo birthday hats for her party!!!

My mom has a mini dacshaund (wiener dog)who is always cold and HATES to get wet. I got her a mini doggie rain coat and she lloves it!!! She does wear a sweater in winter because she is short haired.

The vet had told me once to immediately remove the snow and ice from dogs paws as it can damage their nerve endings and soft pads. So I totally get the boots!!!! Great idea.

ellie

Vilma,
We were posting at the same time again!!!! Tag, you're it!!!

Dealing with a sick child can you wear you out big time!!! The worry and stress is so hard. I hope she is feeling better. As a mother of a young asthmatic I know that cough and wheeze. It's awful isn't it???

I have noticed more energy with my upped water intake. Does that make sense? And when I fall behind I tend to feel a little sluggish. My trips to the potty have decreased Thank God. It was kinda like being pregnant where you know every bathroom within a 15 mile radius. And sooooooo glad it's NOT pregnancy at my age, cause then I would definatley fall off the cliff that I am sooooo precariously hanging on to right now.

Phyllis, it's freezing rain here and the roads are frozen because we are below freezing. Although for the life of me I still can't figure out the difference between sleet and freezing rain. It's all ice to me!!!

Be careful out there Peeps.
ellie

Hi everyone! I am getting worked up about flying tomorrow. We are on Continental and one of their planes crashed at the Denver airport last night and it has closed 3 of the 6 runways and they are expecting huge delays. We connect through Houston and we only have a 40 minute layover. I don't know what happens if we don't make our connecting flight. I really don't want to be stuck in Houston. I am going to try to find a phone number to call Continental and see if our flight is still going to leave on time (6 am which means we have to leave our house around 3:15 am :eek:) and see if we can get on a later flight. Who knows!

I hate traveling at Christmas time. I really do. We haven't traveled since 2005 at this time of year and now I remember why. You spend more time in airports than you do visiting your loved ones.

I am trying to have the attitude that I have no control over this and whatever happens happens, but I'm not really convincing myself of that.

I'm off to do a spinning workout to blow off some steam.

Heather - I am glad that you are feeling better. Yes, DH and I have two cars, but I live about 35 miles away from work (one way) and I take the bus because it is usually convenient and it saves gas and wear and tear on our cars. That would be great if you would join us in a circuit rotation.

Ellie - thanks for the safe trip wishes. We aren't leaving Denver until tomorrow at 6 am and we are scheduled to arrive in PHL at 2:30 pm. I do hope that we get there some time tomorrow and there aren't too many delays.

JJ - Cooper is too cute. I'm sorry that the boots are the wrong size. There's nothing worse than having to return stuff during/after the holidays. Did you have a good Christmas dinner at your DH's relative's last night? How's your shoulder?

Vilma - I have been drinking my water. It's about one of the only things I feel like I can control right now. I hope that your DD is starting to recover.

Hi to Jill, Wendy, Jerry, and Dani.

post part 1

g'mornin' Peeps!

Parties are officially OVER! We ended up going to the open house of some friends and skipping out on my work party last night... Just so BORING! And have you ever noticed that when you get together with those you work with, the conversation always works its way back to what's going on at the office? I get so tired of hearing about all the BS that goes on in the office AWAY from the office! UGH! so, DH even said, 'guess we won't be going to any more of those' ~ I humbly agree!

I actually had a pretty successful time shopping yesterday... JCPenny's was having some really good sale prices and I had a $10 off coupon. I ended up getting a few stretchie tops, a red sweater that I thought I could wear to the Christmas party, but will send to DM instead, and a really cool black and gray paisley duster-style coat ~ think courderoy without the ribs with wide cuffs that I had to fold back... but looks SO cool! I wore it with black goucho stretchy pants and a black stretchy top. I even bought a bangle bracelet, necklace and earings, but only wore the bracelet... it jangled too much so I only wore it at the party, not in the car!

Then I went to Target and purchased 25 bags of various candies/chocolates and some goody bags. I am a Project Manager, and will be making some cute goodie bags for my crews... they never get anything from the office, so I have always done this and they LOVE it! I have almost 100 to make on monday so will enlist my coordinators to help in the festivities and order pizza or deli sandwiches for lunch!

After our litte outting today for the ottaman, I'll be looking for a copper sauce pan for DH. He got his amp, but I want to get it for his birthday

Heather: so glad you are feeling better, but DO keep your appointment tomorrow! There must be something going on to cause such a reaction. Take your notes and go over each symptom and let them do their job :) I, too, understand about getting your internal clock all mixed up! Try Alaska, where there is 22 hours of light in the summer and 20 hours of darkness in the winter! My internal clock has never been the same since and I require Ambien to sleep now... I try breaking free from the meds from time to time, but I only end up tired and irritable, and eventually back to the meds...

Ellie: Me, Peek??? lol... I don't have anything to peek at yet! :) the only gifts we have purchased is for my sister (birthday yesterday and Christmas ~ money of course as it is the only time I ever send it to her nowdays) and have our special requested smoked terriyaki salmon jerky to send to my folks and his daughter. DH the other day what I wanted for Christmas... I told him that I had already purchased mine (STS plus a bunch of equipment already) ~ a few days later he told me what he was thinking about getting me for Christmas, so I have to go pick it out myself... (so why'd you even ask!? :rolleyes:) he is a little gunshy about getting me anything for some reason... we don't go so far as to make a list, which would help... I tell him and then he comes up with something so off the wall that I look at him funny... he gives up and says 'well then just go get what you want...' Last year was the chair (his idea, I picked out style and fabric), this year is a footstool/ottaman or end table(s) that will go with our new couch, so we are shopping for that this today ~ I have seen a cool one that is BOTH ~ two footstools under a square coffee table but it was $700!!! OUCH! What I ASKED for was a year membership to Massage Envy! guess I'll get that on my own too! :) Sorry you had to do a return trip! They will never learn will they?! next year give him a list!

JJ: oh so sorry you are so cold! I just bought some furry slippers yesterday and some Long Johns for DH (as he works outside on and off). Ugh! I have tried those booties for a previous dog in Alaska, and they didn't work very well either... she did the same thing as yours... stood there picking up her feet one at a time and sniffing them and then looking at me like "what the he!! are you doing to me? Do I look like a Barbie to you?" Hope the smaller size will work... until then, do you have a Treadmill? I have seen dogs walk on them for exercise on Dog Whipserer, but haven't managed to get my furbaby on it for longer than a few seconds... she doesn't like the sound her feet make on the belt... come to think of it, I don't either... it's very loud! Keep us posted!

Phyllis: sorry for the rain! funny how you and Ellie can be fairly close but getting two completely different weather systems! Good job for LL today!

Wendy: SO sorry for the trying time at the restaurant yesterday... DH's former boss and his wife simply refused to take their 2 year old son anywhere other than the store simply because they didn't want to be caught unaware by one of these toddler episodes! It was SO sad that they wouldn't even consider coming to our house... Kudo's to you for having the guts, patience and discipline to take your little Houdini out into the world. Eventually she will need to experience all those types of things and will be well adjusted and behave beautifully! Yeah, so what that people look at you like you have a third eye and the spawn of Alien! Meltdowns happen to even the best of little ones and just so happened that it was Houdini's day! Life goes on, people forget all about it, and Houdini learns what she can and can't get away with in public! :)

Ok, I've taken SO long to post this... I"m going to post part 1

Ellie - Yes! When I drink my water quota esp. when I'm still getting up it helps get the morning started for me. If I don't quite make my quota my body tells me in subtle ways such as I'm thirsty all the time, get sluggish and feel I can't get enough as my mouth gets so dry.

That cough and wheeze is horrible - I haven't had much sleep this past week worrying over her and have had her in my bed a few times just to make sure she's fine (DH is at work while we sleep) and to get up and use the nebulizer.

Karin I do hope your travels are pretty much uneventful; I've had my share of flying around the holidays and I'm praying all goes well for you.

Thanks my DD seems to be on the mend albeit slowly but the cough syrup has allowed her muscles to relax and she doesn't hurt so much around her torso from all the coughing poor baby, she's afraid to cough but can't stop it

Dani Those work related parties are boring - try military ones with all the pomp and circumstance - ugh 20 yrs of that and I'm done lol. Unfortunately we had to go to those functions and I being the wifey had to do lots of volunteer work for our 'women's group' blech

Wow you did nice on those sells! I have that JCPenny coupon but keep forgetting to put it in my purse.

picture.php

Post part 2!

Sorry Peeps... i'm being LONG winded today!

Vilma: so glad you checked in... we were starting to worry about ya! Hopefully DD will be starting to feel better soon! I have actually been drinking more water too, had 3 bottles friday, but only 2 yesterday... working on it!

Karin: Safe and happy travels to you! I totally agree about air-travel during ANY holiday so I hope that you have the luck of the Irish and have no problems with any connections and you have a nice relaxing visit with both sets of parents! Do you go to a spin class? or do you have a home cycle? I have often wondered if the bicycle would be easier on my knees, but unless it is a HUGE seat (think tractor) because I just can NOT sit on a regular bicycle seat! Check in when you can, even if it is just to let us know you made it there safely!

Jill: How's your weekend so far? hope you are staying far away from the crowds and malls!

Jerry: so what you and DW been up to today? You will have to explain the Circuit rotation you suggested a few days ago...

JJ: Oh, how cute! I LOVE it!!! my furbaby was a bit bigger (lab/shep mix) so you could probably put your Cooper in one of her booties! hope it works for ya... does he play ball or fetch? That's our staple form of exercise for Missy Lou (our aussie/Avatar) and she will play for an hour or more if we would... find an anternate form of exercise if you can!

Ok, i'm going to go have some coffee... and maybe a bite to eat... then get ready to start my day... have a great day Peeps!

will bbl to check in on all!

Guten Morgen!

Today is an off day for me. Update on the DVD player--DH has no clue what is wrong with it. We have another one in a box (great sale, we just never hooked it up to the bedroom TV like we had planned) BUT the Verizon Fios guy doesn't come until FRIDAY to hook up to the new HD TV we got...so DH is going to ask him to hook up the new DVD player at that time. SO I HAVE NO FITNESS DVDs this week! So my backup is to do VHS workouts this week so it will be an odd mix. Here's what I've got: PS Series, MIS, Rhythmic Step, Step Max, Step Heat...Kari Anderson's Hot Steps and Tone It UP. So I can make this work, I'm just bummed because I really wanted to do circuit workouts this week...Oh well, this is still decent and WAY better than nothing!!

Ellie--Jerry had inspired some of us to try a circuit rotation for January. Wanna join us? Jerry, can you explain the weekly rotation again?

Karin--LOVED those stores you went to yesterday! I could spend all day at that eco store...

Heather--DEFINITELY keep your appointment tomorrow and do describe EVERYTHING that has gone on this past week, even if the symptoms have subsided. I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better today! PS--I think Houdini would adore you, too. :)

JJ--UGH (or should I say UGG?) about the doggie boots!! (Little funny--very little.) I hope the size you need is in stock SOON. I think it's going to be a long winter for the Peeps up north this year...

OK, just coming back to finish this after being diverted by a cranky Houdini--whom I bundled up in 25 degrees and took to the grocery store for an activity. When I was putting items up from the cart on to the checkout counter, Houdini swiped a Greek yogurt, ate through the foil top, and got Fage all over her hands and coat!!! The woman behind us quipped, "At least she picked healthy!" I had to smile. Only my 2 year old would think breaking into Greek yogurt is a real treat...

:) Wendy

Wendy: I don't know what your entertainment center set up is, but a DVD player is really easy to hook up even if you have a complete theater system to work with ~ it's pretty much just plug and play :) just plug in three color coded "male to female" (sometimes even just 2) of the video cables into the TV and into the DVD player and then into the power strip... You will just need to select the "Source" depending on which "video port" you select on your TV and will be able to work out with it until your TV guy arrives! you can just plug it in for a few days until you have your HD guy set up the rest, then you wouldn't be without your DVD's... You don't even have to hook up to cable or other tuner to make it work.

try it out... don't be scared :)

I am one of those people who dress up the dogs. My golden retriever died a few years ago but she always had a halloween costume and Christmas outfit and of course Scooby Doo birthday hats for her party!!!
ellie

Ellie~ OK..I'll confess I do have a Halloween costume too!:eek: AND DS bought him a Spongebob Squarepants sweater last year which is hilarious!

Vilma~ So good to hear from you my friend. How have you been? Sorry to hear about DD and her bronchitis. Hope she gets better soon. You would be disappointed with me and my water intake. I've been very bad but it is so hard to drink cold water when it is below zero outside:confused: I just picked up AOS Providence, Newport and KBWY-ES with their Xmas sale and I'm starting a KB rotation next week.

Karin~ Oh my...I wasn't aware that a plane crashed in Denver airport. I hope there were no injuries. I've never had to fly around the holidays but I would assume it is very busy in the airports. I wish you a very safe travel and that you make all your connections!

Dani~ Sounds like you have a busy Monday on tap making all those goodie bags. That is so nice of you! I have a treadmill and wondered if Cooper would walk on it like the dogs on the Dog Whisper-er. Maybe I'll give it a try if the booties don't work out.

Wendy~ Loved hearing about your Neiman Marcus lunch Dah-ling;) LOL! WooHoo about your new TV! Friday will be here before you know it and you'll be back doing your dvd's. Kinda nostolgic doing VHS huh? I have a bunch of VHS workouts but no longer have a VHS player:eek:

Well it is nearly 11:00 AM and I'm still in my jammies. I better get going......

JJ

Long Winded, Part 2

Dani--You aren't the only one being long winded today, LOL! Your coat sounds FANTASTIC! By the way, I love JC Penney--the funny thing is, I've gotten some great sweaters there and whenever I wear them, people think I got them at Ann Taylor!! So I am picturing your coat in my head and I bet it is just so cool looking! (Color me coat envious here.) :)

Thanks for the encouraging words about Houdini, too. I plan to continue to take her out (like this morning, when she wanted out of the cart 5 times and kicked her shoes off in the store, which resulted in me being distracted and getting the wrong kind of tomatoes (whole instead of pureed) but I digress. She has to learn and the only way you learn how to act in public is to BE in public!

Vilma--Good to hear from you, we were worried! So sorry to hear DD has been so sick but glad she has the medicine to clear up bronchitis!!

Karin--Houston is Continental's HQ so if you had to be delayed, that isn't a bad place to be because they have lots of flights going East. Call and KEEP CALLING right up until you are about to get in the car--I find information changes fast and sometimes airline web pages don't match what the agents say on the phone. Keeping lots of happy travel thoughts for you for a safe trip!!

:) Wendy

Ok, so I can't completely relate to the dressing up doggies, I did do bandanas for our Aussie... here's her 'outfit' for her first Halloween! she loved giving puppy kisses along with the candy to all the little toddlers that came to the door!

IMG_0024.jpg

Recommendation: for those of you with VHS tapes, there are recorders (at various price points) that has both a VHS AND DVD player/recorder. You can record stuff directly off your DVR (if you have one) and record VHS tapes to DVD (with the DVD-WR disc's) and they will play on other DVD players! I have one and it has been a GREAT addition... I got it because I wanted to record Boxing from HBO/Showtime to 'rip' a DVD to send to DH when he was gone for the summers! This is also how I have a bunch of Cathe workouts from FitTV. I didn't want to get them until I tried some of them, because I just don't do well with step choreography, so avoid that at all cost...

Anyway, you can then keep the VHS tapes in safe hiding... who knows they might be worth something in 50 years (just like 8-track tapes) !! LOL!:D

Good morning everyone!!

Karin - I'm sure you're in the air by now, but I'm glad you weren't on that flight! for everyone else, the news reported that they expected 5 out of 6 runways to be open today, but I don't think they were open in time to help out Karin. How scary to be on a flight landing and to see the airplane that went off the runway.

Ellie - You know, yesterday I was completely zonked for a while...really bad. I made an emergen-c with one cup of water and then followed it with another cup of plain water and wouldn't you guess...within half an hour I felt completely better? In fact, enough to go through my closet of clothes and clean it out to give things to Habitat for Humanity! I was shocked. And yes, I'm like you right now...just trying to make it through the holidays! I've been so busy and the past couple of days I have been worn out. Not sleeping well hasn't helped, either. But I'm trying! I do what I can and am happy with that at the moment.

JJ - That is too funny about your dog boots, but very smart. Especially due to the fact that people salt their sidewalks. Earlier this week, when we were in sub-zero temperatures and we had snowfall, after playing in the backyard my dog Lola (black lab mix - should really call her mischief LOL) came hopping in on three legs because the snow packed in between her pads and was too cold for her!

Heather - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and I really hope that the doctor can give you some good bits of wisdom as to what's been going on.

Jerry - I'd love to hear about a circuit rotation as well! I had thought about alternating a good circuit with some short cardio and short yoga, but I think I need a bit more than that right now. Besides, I'm thinking of doing a little bit of short yoga at night before bed because I seriously need help sleeping. Last night I was so restless and tossed and turned all night.

For all the other peeps, I hope you're having a great weekend! I get my hair done in a couple of hours and can't wait...it's so therapeutic! And then I'll post a picture so you can see a better picture besides the one in the collage video catalog :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.