P90X'ers + Nancy + Friday, 6/22 = cold adult beverages...

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies :)

I am up at an ungodly hour once more. Granted, I'm a morning person, anyway, but I don't *need* to wake up this early anymore! It's hard to shake the habit. Although I am doing one of my curriculum committees all next week, so I might as well stick to the schedule.

Anywho, let me stop babbling. Today's plan is Squeeze + KM drills, which I neglected yesterday.

No personals to catch up with. Hope everyone has a smooth, stress-free Friday!

cheers!
~Cathy :)

Good Moring Early Bird Cathy and all others!:)

Cathy, Man girl you like to beat the sunrise in the morning, ey? LOL So what are you going to do today after your pedi? When do you plan on crackin' open that first cold adult bev? :9

I have the final XFlowsion on tap for today. Not sure exactly which work out(s) I'll do yet but I can figure it out later...

I have a 6pm appointment for a bikini wax...OUCH! I'm NOT looking forward to it!:p

Have a happy Friday!!!:+

Wendy - OUCH is right! I never had a bikini wax and don't think I ever want one. HOWEVER, I could probably use one. Do you have to let it grow in really well? Does it last a while?

Hey, Cathy. I have Squeeze and I really like it but I just don't know how to fit it in. Where do you put it?

Okay, I went to the end of year party last night and drank too many calories. But, the dancing was great so I figure it was a wash...right? I also had a manicure/pedicure yesterday afternoon and I feel so good. I can actually look at my toes in sandals and not feel embarrassed, lol.

I have lower body on tap for today. I can't wait until I get home. It's gorgeous out today. I have my windows in my office wide open and the breeze is wonderful!!!!

Okay, have a beautiful day!!!

:)

Nancy

Good Morning Ladies,

My legs are fried this morning. I was up in time to workout but my legs just aren't up to it. We ran hills last night at bootcamp on top of doing leg wts at the gym yesterday. I did sign up for the July session of bootcamp}( I also worked Back yesterday and I can feel it this morning. I did rows with 65-70lbs, oh my!

I might try to go for a run tonight. It is supposed to be 96 today. I will be doing shoulders and biceps at the gym today.

Cathy-thanks for sharing your picture with us. You are beautiful. It sounds like you don't get much of a summer.

Wendy-I looked into Xflowsion and will probably purchase it in August. It looks more up my alley than regular yoga. Thanks for trying all these new workouts and giving us the scoop:) Oh my-a bikini wax. I'd be scared too. I've had my lip and chin waxed for years, but never down there. Take some ibuprofen before you go.

Nancy-How was the mani-pedi. I love getting a pedicure, it makes me feel so pampered.

Angie-Please stop cleaning. Everytime I read your posts about cleaning it reminds of stuff I need to get done also. Like my basement-thanks for reminding me:) Jerod will be gone for 3 weeks, returning on July 9th.

Laura-What's on your agenda today, besides adult beverages? What kind of torture are you inflicting on your class tonight?

TGIF Ladies,

Diana

RE: P90X'ers + Nancy + Friday, 6/22 = cold adult bever...

Finished Squeeze and ran out of time to do the KM drills. Fine by me as Squeeze gave my legs a great burn, anyhow. May try to fit in the drills later. Will see.

Wendy ::: *lol* actually, no, that was a little TOO early on a day off, even for me! I’m surprised the waxes are still painful for you…when I first started going, only the first few times were uncomfortable. I wish I could still get them, but I have to wait 6 months after finishing the accutane to have anything waxed! :( No big plans after the pedi – just kicking back. But I will probably continue reading the freshman novel I started yesterday. Will wait til after noon to bust out with a beverage.

Nancy :: you do have to have about 3 weeks of growth to have a wax. The more you have it done, the less the hair grows back…With Squeeze, I mostly use it as an add-on, but today I did the full body workout by itself. It is gorgeous here, too. I'm lovin' it!

Diana :: that bootcamp class sounds hardcore! I wish there were one near me, too…thanks so much for the compliment!…I do get a decent summer break…but I am a little bit of a workaholic, though, too, so it is partially self-inflicted…I absolutely lost it when I read your post to Angie to stop cleaning! *lol*

Cathy :)

Hello lushes....I mean X'ers...LOL!

Actually maybe I should spell it lucious? LOL - and I'm actually not quite certain I spelled that right.:)

Oh, my heart is breaking today.;( My youngest DS has what I believe is poision ivy all over! His face is so swelled up he looks like a Down's child. I feel so bad for him! He has an appt. today with the pediatrician. I hope they can give him something so he can get some relief. I have given him benedryl and it puts him out for a while and then he wakes up in misery again.x( It's not really doing anything for the swelling. Oy! This might be a long weekend and adult beverages may be on tap after DS bedtime!

I think I have GS legs on tap for today. I'm not too worried about it at this point. I just want to see DS get better. My main workout today is TLC.

Wendy - I do NOT envy you one bit. I'll use a razor thank you very much! LOL I'm a chicken, what can I say. I have also heard that taking ibuprophen before you go is a good idea. It might not hurt to have a few drinks on board either.:eek: Just what you needed - an excuse to drink!:)

Nancy - It seems like we get the about same weather. If you want to know what it's going to be like tomorrow.....well it's beautiful here today but I've heard that there are severe storms south of MI rolling thru - so if you like storms you might be in luck.

Diana - Unfortunately I'm not an obsessive cleaner. I just try to do small projects at a time, so I'm constantly at it. And, with 3 males in the house, it doesn't last long anyways. I really wasn't in the basement long enough to get a lot done, but at least the winter stuff is no longer visible. I was messing with the old PC down there yesterday and loading new pics into the computer. It takes forever to do anything on that PC, so really not too much cleaning done.
Yikes! If you are going to run in that hot weather I hope you get some good hydration in. You are wayyyyy more dedicated than I am.
So, are you going to partake in the adult beverages too? :eek:

Cathy - Stop talking about squeeze!}( LOL! I have a feeling my CC is going to be busy very soon. My resistence is fading......
What is your beverage of choice going to be tonight?
Enjoy your beautiful weather and I hope it keeps up for the weekend.

Laura - Have you decided to try anything different with the flea potion? Hopefully the poochies will behave this weekend and you won't have to do bathmax again. Although, I won't hold my breath. I know how that goes. They always seem to know when you just don't have time for it and then - BANG!}( Just like kids!
What ya got on tap for torture today?

BBL

Angie

Morning Ladies ... CABS it is today!! {{ *clinck*cheers* .. will raise a glass as soon as my aching body makes it home and poolside }}

Yesterday P.M. had me in tears .. found out some stupid idiot in the mail room did not mail off my kidney test on time - I had 2 days of torture for nothing .. and have to re-do the test .. after a day from H#ll .. I left in tears .. (I never cry .. so everyone here thinks I have lost my mind)

.. so after leaving in tears .. I went and took it out on my class .. did Core Torture .. w/extra reps on everything especially the plyos ... I liked to have killed myself .. poor class!!!

Today finds me w/sore muscles for inflicting torture upon myself yesterday!! OH well .. kept my sanity in tact at least!

Wendy .. Bikini wax? :eek: .. screw the ibuprofen .. think I would take x-tra strength med + CAB .. LOL .. OUCH!! I don't think I could bare that (pardon the pun)

Nancy - party - drinks - dancing .. that sounds like the perfect begginning of summer party!! and yes dancing like a maniac voids any drink calories consumed!! LOL .... after you mentioned pedi and mani .. I took one look at my poor feet .. OMG .. they are a disgrace .. between work shoes .. and the pounding I put on them working out .. they need the full blast SPA pedi!!

Diana .. your legs are fried? sounds like your lats should be fried .. 65 - 70 # rows!!!:eek: Yikes .. remind me never to make you mad!!

Cathe - something told me your were a workaholic .. but hey .. you should be commended on your dedication to your profession .. wish all teachers were like you!! ... and YYAYAYAYAYAY.. come on 5:00 and CABS!!!

Angie - have recovered from the outting yet?? if you are cleaning out the 5th wheel again you must be ready for another trip!!(me too)

OK .. better run .. hoping these next several hours fly by and without the drama of yesterday .. I am not sure if the workout will come today .. I have plans for the "fun" DH workout tonight (want to save my energy for that)}( }(

have a great day .. I will check back later .. :7

OMG Laura - I'm am sooooo sorry to hear about your test. Maybe the idiot in the mail room should join you for a re-test?}( Grrrrrrrrr. So, when do you have to do it all over again - dare I ask? What a drag.....

Yes, I am ready for another excursion! I got on the scale today and it was actually down .2 pounds. It's not much, but it's a LOSS!:) I'll take it happily, especially considering how awful I was!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm - I might have to do this many times thru the summer and I'll be at goal sooner than I thought.

OK - gotta get ready to take DS to the Dr.

Have a great TGIF everyone!!:)

Angie

Angie :: *lol* we are luscious lushes! :p :) Sorry to hear about DS...hope he gets better soon!...congrats on your loss!! WTG!!

Laura :: sorry, too, about your botched test results. Definitely calls for CABS!

I really think having the bikini lini waxed is not bad at all - a friend of mine convinced me to try it last summer & advised that I pop two Aleve beforehand. Works like a charm. One time I forgot to take the Aleve, though, and was surprised that it was only slightly uncomfortable. I think the more you do it, the easier it gets. Truly. Now granted, I have never done Brazilian...but I do want to try it.

Hi Ladies.

How's this for painful...I am thinking of going after my waxing appointment tonight to get a tattoo!!! :eek: I have 2 already and have wanted a third for years! If I don't do it tonight I may do it Sunday afternoon, after the race!}(

I haven't done my work out yet. I have no desire. I may actually let it slide for today. Not sure yet though.

BBL!:)

Now THAT is something I don't think my pain threshold could tolerate!

Q: what/where are your tattoos now? And what would be your third?

Anyone else have tats?

Cathy,

My first is on my hip/top of tush on my left side. It's a rose vine, a rose and a butterfly. It's a "C" shape as it was originally supposed to go around a woman's nipple but I was NOT doing that! LOL

My second is the word "BAD" near my right hip bone in front. It's fancy writing (a little tribal looking) with a heart and some greenery around it.

Neither are very big but the first is larger then the second.

The one I want now I put together myself from 2 designs online. One is a black ink only fairy/sprite outline (like she was drawn but not colored in) and the other is a simple tribal "V" design with one flower on each side. I downloaded them, printed them out, cut them apart and taped them back on to a sheet of paper together so that the fiary/sprite looks like she is flying/rising out of the flower tribal design. The flowers in the tribal are purple which I LOVE so I think I am going to ask them to add a little splash of purple to the wings of the fairy/sprite to bring it all together. I think it will look cool on my lower back!}(

ETA: When I got my first tattoo I broke out in a cold sweat and dry-heaved (ALMOST threw up) during the beginning of the tattoo job. He stopped and made me drink a cold iced tea and relax before he would start again. It was not, however, from the pain. It was from working myself up soooo much THINKING it was going to hurt soooo bad! It hurt, ofcourse, but it was very tolerable. I also kept my tats small on purpose so that they didn't take too long. If it was so bad I would NOT have gone for #2!:+

YUP .. I have ONE .. had to talk DH into "letting" me ... took me a couple of years persuade him .. LOL ..

I drew mine also .. two hearts (outline black inside blood red) top one is bigger and the lower one fits up into the lower bottom of the top one (symbolizing me and DH) ..took it in and they x-ferred it then tatooed it ..

mine is on my lower left abdomen to the right side of my hip bone .. REAL close to the uhum .. hair line! {{{ blush }}} .. yes I was a bit exposed in the room and DH had the eagle eye on me .. and the guy kept me covered!! LOL

I got it there so it would be hid in a bathing suit .. I didn't find it painful at all .. in fact the artist said the abdomen was the tenderest tat to get and he had never seen a woman handle it like I did (uumm if I can pass a kidney stone I can handle that bit of pain)

but I love mine ... going to get a second one on the very lower back (again under the bikini line) once I talk DH into it (he has to supervise).. I have it drawn also .. ivey vine w/a couple of small roses (celtic looking symbol) ...

:7

(I also had BB peirced a when I turned 33 or so .. then the tat around 36)

Hey Laura,

You definately can't see the tat on my rear/hip area and can see only a little of the one near my hip bone if I am wearing something very low waisted or am in a bathing suit...

I am *FINALLY* ready, though, for a tat that people will be able to see which is why I am going for the elusive "tramp stamp" this time! LOL

I just called the tatoo parlor. They open at noon tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to get there before having to head out to the grad party to drop off my idea and have them draw it out for me. I'm excited now! Can't wait to "just do it"! I think it's gonna look super cool. DH already gave his "seal of approval" on the design idea as well. }(

Catch y'all in the morning!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.