P90X + Nancy - Wednesday, June 13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies~ :)

Wendy :: yeah, we were taking turns with our rants http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif there, weren’t we? I chuckled when I read yours on Monday because I had a feeling mine was comin’. *lol* I’m good today. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif Re: PMS, I’m not even sure I can truly blame too much on that…since starting this new BC in January, I’ve only had my period twice, and all the usual symptoms are minimized. It’s a beautiful thing.

Angie :: hope you enjoyed sleeping in today…sometimes the pre-trip preparations can get stressful!…Oh yeah, that’s my summertime JAM *lol*….4.5 days left. I still don’t have official word which team/classroom they are moving me to, but I’m going to start packing up today.

Hi Diana, Nancy, and Laura!

Today's workout will be BBC Chest & Abs + cardio (either a run or k'box). Forecast is calling for possibly more t'storms, so we'll see.

Happy Hump Day!
Cathy :)

Good morning gals

Just thought I would check in before things get crazy.}( Today has pretty much all been planned - I hate that. I like being a free spirit but it ain't happenin' today. Yup - welcome to the real world. LOL! After I get done with all the running in town, I have to get home and prep the food and do L&B. I kinda wanted to do my w/o this morning but I just can't seem to bring myself to w/o in the morning. That's OK - I think I'll put more into it later on as stress relief.

Nancy - I'll bet you'll be working up a sweat just packing up your classroom. It's a bummer that you have to change. I have a friend who has to do the same, but things are so tight up here she's just grateful to be having a job next year. I can't believe how many teachers they are cutting when the number of kids remain the same. No wonder teachers have such a tough time reaching every kid in the classroom.:-( It's sad too b/c they lay off the teachers with the lowest seniority and they are usually the ones that have the most enthusiasm and do a wonderful job.
Anyways, I'll bet you are looking forward to summer vacation - or a change of pace anyways. Didn't I remember you posting that you were working over the summer?

To everyone else - have a wonderful hump day and hopefully I'll get back here sometime before midnight.:D

Angie

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is ending up to be a rest day for me. My legs are still sore and I look funny walking down the stairs! It's another hectic week at home too. Sometimes I feel like I just don't have time to work, I have other responsibilities to take care of. Of course we wouldn't get by for long without the paycheck:)

We are super busy at work and it is stressing me out. I should be getting ready for work now but here I am posting instead.

I am also nervous about my 11yr going to London/Scotland for 20 days. He leaves next Wednesday. I ordered Britsh Pounds and it should be delivered tomorrow. The conversion rate seems terrible to me. It cost me $428.00 for 200pds. (don't the symbol for pds). I am concerned since we really won't have any contact with him at all during this time. We can send faxes to the different hotels he will be staying at, but no phone calls. He can email us from the hotel or internet cafe if they come across one. We will be packing his suitcase this weekend. I'm very excited for him but also very nervous.

Cathy-I didn't know you were in grad school. Maybe I did, but I forgot. It sounds like you're almost done. What an accomplishment. Congratulations.

Nancy-So what w/o did you do yesterday? I've started a heavy lifting rotation. I plan on staying with it for at least 4 weeks, maybe 8.

Angie-It so hectic preparing for vacation. You'll be ready for it when the time comes.

Laura-You must be super busy too. What are you up to?

Wendy-You have to almost 2 months to get your results back? Are you nervous, or do you think you did good? I don't know how you fit it all in with a toddler.

I'll check back later and see what everyone is up to.

Diana

Hey everybody!!!

Diana - I wound up doing a mish mosh of stuff. Guts from B&G which are TOUGH!!! I can't believe that workout. Then I did back from GS and shoulders and biceps from Power Hour 2X. I was thinking of doing S&H next week. What series are you doing? I never keep with anything for very long (as we all know, lol). I guess I have exercise ADD. 4 - 8 weeks, huh? I hope you get great results!!

Angie - I'm a school nurse so my office stays the same..yayy!!! So, no sweating going to go on here. Matter of fact, it's beautifully cool today and it looks like my air conditioner is going in soon. I am counting down the days though. 10 more to go.............

Cathy - I'm thinking KickMax when I get home. I also may try the premix she has on it - I think called leg conditioning drills. Surprisingly, me legs/butt are not on fire anymore. I could barely move them yesterday.

Okay, back to work for me......Have a great day!!! Hi to everyone who follows!!!!!!!

Nancy

Hey girls!

I'm LATE gettin' on the boards today! I got up this morning with no time to spare! Very unlike me!x(

Cathy: Glad your PMS symptoms are minimized. I have not been on BC is years. DH and I use the good ol' "raincoat" method. Works for us! I had been on both the pill and have taken the shot. The pill was no good cause I would forget to take it and the shot...well...OMG it was AWFUL! I turned into a freakin' MONSTER on that thing! YIKES! I was on it for about 6 months and that was it...it almost ruined the relationship I was in at the time!x(

Angie: I hope you have a good day despite the fact that it's planned and sounds quite busy. Have fun doing L&B! I'll be all over that work out tomorrow!}(

Diana: Enjoy your rest day! Can I ask why there are no phone calls allowed between you and your son while he is away? I hope he has a wonderful time! What an opportunity for a boy his age! WOW! Try not to worry too much. I'm sure he'll be fine. :)

Nancy: I agree...the ab work from B&G IS tough but hey...with a name like butts and guts it BETTER be tough, right? }(

So today is Shape It Up and I think some extra push ups! Then it's off to my mom's w/DS for a visit later on.

Have a great afternoon!:7

Hey Wendy, the delegation leaders say phone calls home make tend to make the homesickness worse. They recommend sending faxes which I can do daily from work. I'm also sending my business card (and DH's too) with him so if he has the chance, he can send us an email.

Nancy-You go girl...creating your own tought mish-moshes. I love the abs from B&G. Have done the abs with the stability ball from that DVD? There are 2 great ab sections on that DVD.

Is Laura on vacation?

Hey girls--

:: ANGIE :: I think you must have meant me, not Nancy, re: the classroom. Yeah, the packing up’s a pain as is downsizing to a tighter space, but I’m over it and am thinking only of summer at this point :)…yes, I am working – 7 days of committee work and some tutoring.

:: DIANA :: enjoy your rest day…I guess I can understand the rationale that phone calls would make the homesickness worse… Twenty days *is* a long time to be away and travel “alone” at that age. BUT what a great experience that will be. How lucky your DS is to have that opportunity! I’ve not been to Scotland, but London is so much fun…expensive but fun!

:: NANCY :: I love those drills, esp. adding them after a run. Whoo! Have fun w/ it.

:: WENDY :: some months, I felt like such *hell,* all I wanted to do was lie down and be dead to the world, so it’s a relief not dealing with that anymore! I have been pretty good about remembering to take it.

I can't believe it is already after 5. Gonna scarf some dinner and then work out.

Hello again.

I am posting from mom's. :)

Shape It Up and 60 push ups done in 3 sets are completed!}( I was feelin' it right away! I had some DOMS that I wasn't aware of until I started movin' around. :p

I have Legs and Back and yoga on tap for tomorrow.

Diana, The no phone call thing makes sense I guess but seems kind of cold at the same time, ya know?

Cathy, So how was your work out? What cardio did you choose? It's nice and cool out there so it would be a great time for a run!

Okay, I'm outta here for now...have a good evening.:7

Hey ladies-

Workout done - Chest & Abs - it went quickly followed by CTX k'box.

Wendy :: I am gonna be up the "crick" for our race on the 24th. I haven't been doing much running at all lately! ACK!

Have a great night, everyone.
Cathy :)

Hi again all

Here I am again, barely before midnight. :-( It was so darn busy today that I totally missed lunch except about 20 baby carrots and an apple that I had in the cooler. It was meant as a snack, not lunch!}( Road construction mucked up my plans, but I still managed to get everything done, just a bit later than expected. I got home and did the X L&B with ARX. I haven't done L&B in a month and boy did I feel it!

Cathy - thanks for catching my mess up. Yes, my first post was referring to you - I hadn't had my java on board yet.;( :D Sorry bout that. Sounds like your summer won't be giving you much time off. But, a change of pace is always nice. Way to go on gettin those workouts in!

Nancy - You're really kickin up the workouts eh? Good for you! I know you are doing the countdown!! :) Very soon.....

Wendy - So L&B tomorrow? All of it will come rushing back to you in no time. Next thing ya know, you'll be doing B&B.;-) So, have you been able to keep the muscle you gained doing the X by doing all of those pushups and pullups?

Diana - Doncha just wish everything would slow down a bit? Do you have a vacation in your near future? Oh, I feel so bad for you with the stress you must be feeling with your son going away. What a great opportunity though. I went with my parents to Mexico City when I was in 6th grade and I will never again take what our wonderful country offers for granted. I was SOOOO happy to get home! I think I kissed the ground when we landed. So, even hating being in a new country is a good thing. Although, I dont think there is probably much poverty where he is going, but I have never been there, so can't say for sure. I'm sure he'll learn so much.

Well girls, I'm not sure I'll have time to check in tomorrow before I'm off on vacation, so if you don't hear from me, I'll catch back up with you on Monday or Tuesday. Have a great week all!!:)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.