P90X & Nancy - Saturday

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Good morning girls!:)

I wish I could say I'm up and bright eyes and bushy tailed, but I drank way too many beers last night so I'm kinda spark knockin'.:D I've got the coffee flowin and my headache is pretty much gone but I still haven't found my energy and I have cleanmax to do before heading out for graduation parties. Ummmm - I think I'll be the DD tonight.;)

I have slow and heavy legs and shoulders today, but my glutes are begging me not to do that one. I'll probably listen to the glutes and do an upper body w/o and do the slow and heavy legs next week. I stayed at the exact same weight again this week, which I'm a little dissappointed in, but I certainly know why....my eating and drinking have not exactly been stellar. After next week if there is no change, I'm gonna switch up my exercise routine. I think if I get my nano and start the CC w/o that will help a lot to change things around since I'm not generally a runner.

Wendy - In response to your question yesterday - no MIL does not really have anyone else to turn to. She has 2 sons and her other DIL is very distant - if you know what I mean. She actually had the nads to tell MIL when she was home for the funeral (she's a truck driver) that she was gonna file for divorce the next time she came home. GRRRRRR!!}( Why on earth would anyone lay that kind of stress on a woman who was already swimming in grief?? MIL is fairly close to her boys, but I think she really needs a female to open up to, which happens to be me by default. I don't mind, but it's so hard to watch someone suffer like that. I just wish I could do more to ease her pain.:(

Cathy - step-FIL passed away just 2 months ago - so MIL is still quite distressed.
So, did you answer the call yesterday?????:eek:

Nancy - STOP!!!! I'm with Wendy - waiting for the price to go down, but you are making it awfully tough to wait! Is this an hour long workout? I keep watchin the fluidity thing too and I think I have decided to nix that one, but squeeze is still very tempting.

Laura - I'm sure we won't be hearing from you as you are de-stressing with DH.:)

Diana - So what did you end up doing for w/o yesterday and today? Do you have your plan yet for next week?

Off to get more java. BBL ladies.:)

Angie

Hey Angie and all who follow - -

I'm sorry you're going through this with MIL - life can be so stressful at times.

My muscles are feeling "worked" today. You know that nagging feeling reminding you. Not bad DOMS though. Different. Deeper. I don't know. Difficult to describe. I just can't decide how to fit this in. I liked it. The Full Squeeze (I think it's called) is an hour, then there's a shorter l/2 hour, I think. Then there's Custom Squeeze where you pick the exercises you want. I believe what makes this DVD unique is that all the options are different so you can actually do the Full option and then add on from the others with different exercises. I only did Full but looked through the dvd a little. I think total would be about 2 hours.

Okay, Kenpo X on tap for this evening but first going to run some errands and out for a little bite to eat, lol. I plan on keeping it light. I've been doing well with food!!!!

Nancy

Happy Saturday, everyone! :)

I ran 4 miles this morning and then did my own lower body Squeeze mish-mosh. Felt great to work the legs hard after a run. Afterward, I enjoyed a hot stone massage (usually, I just get Swedish) - oh man, this was INCREDIBLE! I did NOT want to get up after it was over. Am completely hooked. It's a little more money, but SO worth it. Having heat AND the massage just made me feel absolutely weightless. Good stuff! I'd planned to spend the rest of the day running errands and completing schoolwork, but nah, I'm in total kick-back mode right now.

Angie :: what lousy news for your SIL to drop on your MIL at this time...sheesh! It's a good thing she has you. It does sound like it might be good for her to get out & do things & meet people. Might I suggest bingo? That's where I was last night! *lol* I intended to drop in on happy hour for a bit and then go to bingo after, but I ran short on time getting ready, so I just went straight to bingo (didn't win) and was kinda tuckered after that. So...no, no Corona Lights for me.

Nancy :: I'll be interested to hear how you wind up using Squeeze. It is now part of my current rotation, but I am still doing bits and pieces, too.

For anyone considering Fluidity, I bought it earlier in the year. I used it several times and liked it (there were moves new and unusual to me) but I put it aside once I started the X. While doing P90, I just couldn't find a way to fit Fluidity in. And I think part of the reason for that is because of the size/weight of the equipment. To do Fluidity as an add-on when you have to heft that large bar from one room to another isn't so practical. I don't want to say I regret purchasing Fluidity, but I much prefer Squeeze, and as you know, Sq is A LOT cheaper!! That being said, I do agree that Squeeze is not the cheapest DVD out there, but IMO it is worth it. You only need the ball and the light dumbbells, and while the DVD isn't as well-chaptered as we're used to with Cathe, you do have lots of options. I truly hope more Squeeze workouts are in the works. These exercises are so different and effective. OK, oops, I'm starting to rave about it again...sorry! :p

OK, I think NOW is the time to crack open a Corona Light...enjoy your day, girls! :)

~Cathy :)

Hi Ladies,

I did not workout yesterday and haven't done anything today (except mow the lawn). I think I'm just stressed about work. I have to go in tomorrow and have a hectic week ahead of me. I already know I can't make my weigh-in on Wednesday. I think if I just write up my rotation around my schedule, at least I will have something to work with. My bootcamp class starts on Monday so at least I have that to look forward to.

Bodymax (the original) is sounding really good right now. I need to take care of my errands and get downstairs and start my workout.

Happy Weekend Ladies,

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.