P90X January Starters, Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Xers!

No noticable increase in DOMS from chest/back y'day but I have learned to give it time....If not today, tmrw I will probably feel it!}(

Today plyo is on tap but I may sub in a run instead. I am really longing for one at this point. :-(

Gayle: So what have you decided to do in regards to the X rotation?

Angie: I would love to be able to fit a power tower in my home! DH actually wants a home gym down the road when/if we are ever in a home that can fit one. I think some of them come with the power tower built into it. THAT would be cool!}(

Marie: I'm glad you like doing pull ups with your new bands. They are expensive so it would really stink if you didn't like them! Ofcourse, you could always return them but if you have to pay shipping on the return it really stinks. I've looked up the bands but I don't understand how they work. What makes them better then using a chair?

Diana: Hope you enjoyed KPC y'day! Congrats to your DS on winning the first game! That's awesome!:+

Reba: I got involved in the Cathe/Tony open discussion thread. I couldn't leave poor Tony to be bashed and defenseless. I had to stick up for him! ;) I like Tony too and am totally surprised that so many people find him irritating...To each his own I guess.

Nancy: I could never run either...until I put my mind to it and didn't give up! I started running in March of 2006. I could barely run 2-3 minutes (on a treadmill which is easier then the road) w/o wanting to die. I would alternate walking and running both indoors and out and slowly increase my running time while decreasing my walking time. When I was first able to run a mile steady I was doing it in 12 minutes. Now I am at just over a 10 minute mile and I am up to 6 miles on a TM and 5 on the road! I am sure I can do 6 on the road too. I just haven't had the chance to do it yet. I worked my way up very slowly and did not get discouraged. I saw improvements every time I ran. Once I complete the X my goal is to train for and run a half marathon!
:+ IF I CAN RUN, YOU CAN RUN!!!:+

Hi, Wendy!

Oh......I've wandered from the X. lol. This morning was PLB. My favorite of all Cathe's weight work. The Pyramids were what got me started and they work SO well for my body.

ANYWAY..what have I decided? I think that I'm going to do Cathe lower body weights, upper body will be P90X (I think. I love all the push ups and the pull ups) and then Cathe cardio and running (getting ready for my longer races/runs). We'll see. For now, I just want to get back to working out on a consistant basis again. I get like this every few weeks and just need to focus on getting up in the morning first, THEN figure out what workout to do. lol

BBL

GAyle

Totally unwanted rest day for me today, ladies. I'm traveling for work since the wee hours and won't be home until much later this evening. I think I would bonk 10 minutes into Plyo! Thus, I'll pick that one up tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great workout!

Wendy, I didn't realize you'd been diagnosed with arthritis after the neck issue you were having last year. How can they tell? Did they do an MRI or something? Just curious...

Marie

Hi Everybody -

I put on a pair of dress pants this morning to come to work and tucked in my blouse (even though my daughters say it's old fashioned to have a shirt tucked in) AND I look and feel so much thinner around the mid-section. Came to work, got on the scale in my office (a doctor's scale calibrated perfectly - I'm a school nurse) and nothing/nada/zippo. I guess I've lost some inches, especially at the waist but since it's only two weeks I won't measure yet. I have been trying to watch the eating but not following the plan. I have cut carbs somewhat - I'm a carbaholic.

Angie, I don't know if I'll take pictures after 30 and 60 days. I may just wait until the end at 90 days. I definitely don't want to get discouraged!!!!

Hey Gayle - it already sounds like you're satisfied with doing Cathe for lower body. You have to be happy or you'll never stick to it. I'm thinking about revising the push-ups a little. I may do some bench presses and flyes in place of some of them because my wrists are hurting by the end. I don't want to hurt myself. It's my worst nightmare!!!

Wendy - I should try to run, I know. I have this mindset that I just can't. I quit smoking over three years ago so I think my lungs should have recovered somewhat by now. (HOPEFULLY!!!!!) I can't believe I did that to my body for all of those years!!! Again, I'm always so afraid of hurting myself and not being able to exercise that I shy away from anything that resembles impact - even low impact, lol! Plus, as I used to work in the hospital and saw all of those knee and hip replacements, I'm truly frightened!

I did Stretch X yesterday and it felt glorious. Today is chest/back/abripper. I like this workout a lot too and, like I said, I'm thinking of some bench presses and flyes in place of some of the pushups that I really can't do anyway. I'll probably get a better workout this way. I'll let you know when the DOMS kick in. I'm only using a band for the pullups but I've already progressed to the thicker green band. I feel that it gives me a good back workout.

Okay, everybody. Better do some work around here. Have a great day!

Nancy

Good Morning everyone :)

Well yesterday was a typical MONDAY! I called hubby and we went to the MarleBone for lunch and had the BEST cheeseburgers and fries - - I didn't even feel guilty, and don't feel guilty about missing my yoga workout last night either. I got off late from work - had a few relatives pop in on us and by 8:45 I was too pooped to do the 90 minute workout, so instead we watched the '24' we had DVR'd - & went to bed -

So today eggs and turkey sandwich is on the menu along with YOGAX - which I loved the first time through...YogaX has given me the MOST DOMS TOO!!

Gayle: I like your plan, why not follow the X rotation, just sub out the lower body workouts for Cathe's and the cardio for Cathe's but stick to the upper body and yoga?? ( I really think Yoga has a place in EVERY rotation - its just a fantastic way to stretch and lengthen and strengthen your muscles in a different way )

Wendy: Way to stick up for Tony - he may chitter chatter a bit but he puts out a good workout and that is what matters the most IMO....

Well BBL - I am logged in on my work computer so back to the grind....
;-)

Good morning ladies!

I am back from a long weekend .. managed to fit in a long run Saturday .. then on the way back from the beach I got a freaking kidney stone attack .. $#%@#$%@#$%#$%#$x( x( x(

I suffer from kidney stones and infections a lot .. and man does it slow you down .. like to a hault!!x(

My brother was being sworn in as our new Sheriff .. no way was I missing that stones or no stones .. so I managed to drag myself there and so glad I did .. I am so proud of him! Such a HUGE accomplishment!

So no workout Sunday .. other than major muscle contraction from flinching in pain ...x(

the pain eased off Monday .. and though my body felt like I had had the H#### beat out of me .. I made myself to YogaX .. and all that twisting seemed to help my back a lot ..

today was going to do chest and back .. but not sure if I have the energy or strength to yet .. we will see ..

Good luck with all the workouts to follow today!! have a great one!:)

Hi Everyone,

I had planned on doing KPC this morning but ended up sleeping in. I will be doing chest & back at the rec ctr at lunch.

Wendy-keep up your running. I love the half marathon distance and hope you will to.

Gayle-don't feel bad about adding Cathe workouts to the X program. I do it and it seems to work for me. I usually do cathe cardio's on the weekend and one morning a week. I also try to get additional cardio at the rec ctr during the week. I've been doing legs 3x per week; once with Tony and 2 cathe's like butts & guts or leaner legs, or gs legs. You have to do what works for you. Keep up the good work.

Marie-sometimes life gets in the way and we end up with an unscheduled rest day. No worries, you'll be ready to tackle plyo x tomorrow.

Nancy-your body is obviously changing and you are starting to see those changes. I personally hate the scale but am weighing myself each week. So far I am down 2lbs since Dec. 31st. I also measured on Dec 31st and will take my measurements monthly. I somehow lost the sheet I put my measurements on so I may take them again before the end of the month.

Reba-It sounds like you had a great Monday. I love days like that.

Laura-I certainly hope you are feeling better. At least you got in a long run before your kidney stone attack. You are one tough lady. What a great sister you are being there for your brother.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Diana

YIKES! OK... i'm here!!!!

let's see.... sunday i did chest and back... i was tired so didn't feel iike i was doing as good as i could....

i had some DOMS in my chest yesterday and very slightly still today....

yesterday was plyo.... that went well... i waited til later in the morning for both sunday and monday's workouts since i didn't have to go to work...

today was shoulders and arms... i upped my weight on a few of the exercises...

i totally wimped out on riding my bike after saturday's COLD ride... i normally look forward to long weekenda and having an extra day to ride... not this past weekend... i stayed inside with the heat turned up... couldn't bring myself to go outside! and next weekend they are predicting RAIN! it's a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Got my run in! 3 miles. It felt good but it was tougher then it should have been! My endurance is already slipping after only 2 weeks! ;( I have decided that if I have to sub in running for both X cardios in order to keep my endurance up then I will do that. It's X's weight training that I love anyway!:+

Tomorrow is shoulders and arms and ARX. S&A is a great work out...I am looking forward to it. :)

DB, Sorry you didn't make your bike ride over the weekend. I know how frustrating it can be when you miss that kind of stuff. I'm going through that with my running. x(

well... i got one in on saturday (the freezing COLD 100 mile ride BRRRRRRRRR).... but it was so cold for that one i just kept remembering it and couldn't drag myself back out in the cold either of the other two days! actually... once i got home saturday evening... in never left the house again until this morning! i only opened the door to let brie in or out! i'm a cold-wimp! (and that's why we're doing yoga in the house tomorrow morning instead of the garage were we do all our other workouts! it's too cold out there to do yoga!!! BRRRRRR)

shoulders and arms is my favorite! i'm gonna miss it... today was my last time til phase 3!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hi Everybody!

Okay, Classic/Week3/Day 1 now done!!!! (ARX and C&B) I love P90X. I feel like every time I do a workout I "bring it" a little more. I love the competition with yourself. I feel really good when I'm done with a workout. I just love it!!!

I'm pretty sure there will be no time for a workout tomorrow. I won't be home until really late and I doubt I could "bring it" for Plyo at that hour. So what does everybody do? Just do it the next day or skip it entirely? I hate knowing I won't be able to do it!! Never felt this way about any other exercise program, lol. I think it's because I'm finally following a rotation.

I hope everyone has a great night!!!!

Nancy

Hi all

Week 6/day 2

Did plyo today and feel accomplished. I love the exercises at the end. It is a real challenge for me. Although, it was easier this week than last. I picked up some push up bars today but couldn't find the weighted gloves. I'll keep looking. I think I'll be needing the push up bars tomorrow.}(

Wendy - you're such an early bird. Way to go on that run!

Gayle - it sounds like you're doing what I will probably be doing after I finish my first rotation of X. After 90 days, I want to mix cathe cardio with the X strenghth workouts to see what that will do. Then, I'll have the best of both worlds.:)

Nancy - Oh, take the pictures. Even though I didn't see huge gains, I sure felt them. And just because I didn't see them, doesn't mean they're not there - I'm pretty self critical, as I think most of us are. I saw someone today who I haven't seen in quite a while and he called me skinny.;-) So, even though I don't SEE a big difference, other people obviously do. Most of the P900X before and after pictures show a gradual change and then at the end of 90 days - ripped muscles.:)

Reba - sounds like you had my Sunday. I slid off my eating plan a bit and it was my rest day sooooooo.... OK - I had a major case of the munchies and the lazies. Good thing the X only gives me one day off.:7

Laura - kidney stone - OUCH!! I never had one, but I have taken care of plenty of folks who have. They say it's worse than labor pains. Hope you pass it soon.

Diana - A fellow night owl? I don't like getting up early either. My typical workout time is around 4pm. And well, I usually am the last one to check in.

Desertbriez - you need a heater and a set of sweats! Bike on.....

Until tomorrow - night.......

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.