P90X JANUARY Starters, Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning X'ers!

I hope you don't me starting this thread today. I am up early and have some time to play before work so I figured I'd get us going. :)

Laura: Thanks for your response. I have lifted heavy w/Cathe before...well, heavy for ME anyway!:p I have never done a program like the X though. This should be interesting. I have always put my main focus on the cardio where the X is mainly focused on the weights. I must admit I am a bit scared to do so little cardio for 3 solid months but I am determined to give it a chance. I added an extra cardio day to the rotation but I swear I won't add any more!;) :p :7

Nancy: Thanks for the yoga encouragement. I guess I will just do what I can. Any yoga will be better then nothing, right? I did X stretch once already. It's a very thorough routine.

Have a great day ladies! I'll be back later!:)

HI WENDY! How are you???

Are YOU still running? LOL

Yes, I'm still running, but I haven't in the last 3 weeks! Not worried about that though, and I'm planning on getting 2 runs in this week, between Wednesday and Sunday. Do you have any races scheduled? For me, I've got a 10K on Super Bowl Sunday and a half marathon in April. I'll be very interested to see how P90X helps my running!

OK....Classic/Phase 1/Week 2/Day2

Plyometrics this morning. I got a better workout this time than I did the first time around. I concentrated more on a quiet landing and higher, more explosive jumps. Great workout.

I'm headed to the YMCA right after the busstop for more laps....shooting for 1/2 mile (which is good for me, lol).

Gayle

Morning ladies!

Ok .. you are not going to believe this I am actually not very sore at all today .. :eek: .. which is a HUGE surprise for me .. I could not move last week after the push up torture tape .. but this week is good! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I actually weighed this morning {something I don't usually do} .. I have not gained or lost .. right where I was .. which is a good thing . . b/c I was afraid I had gained weight .. I put on muscle easily and my upper body is already popping .. so I really thought I would have gained some weight .. but I didn't thank goodness !:)

Today I am doing PlyoX .. (for the first time) .. I did not do it last week b/c of my classes .. but today going to give it a shot .. at lunch .. so I may look like a drowned rat when I get back to work! LOL ..

will check back later to report on how it went!! {think it is a bit shorter right?}

anyway .. have a good one!!:7

good morning!

this morning was shoulders and arms.... i like this workout (but i sure wish tony would "check" his ego at the door and NOT count! UGH! in a workout like this where WE count versus cathe telling us when to start/stop... it's really annyoing to me to have him counting... GRRRRRRR ok.... rant off!)

not really much to tell about today though.... did the workout and ab ripper x.... and now i'm at work... blah!

last night i did a trainer (spinerval) workout on the bike since it's dark and too cold (for me) to ride after work.... my chest is just the tiniest bit sore from the push ups the other day... thought my back was starting with doms last night... but today all is fine! yay!

even my legs are finally getting back to normal.... the only time they hurt now is if i actually rub/push on the outer front (quad) on my left leg only???????? weird! it will be so interesting to see if this week's leg workout has the same effect (affect???? never know which one is correct!)

i'm not going to think about tomorrow's yoga.... lol!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

<<<<i like this workout (but i sure wish tony would "check" his ego at the door and NOT count! UGH>>>
.. OMG .. that is hillarious .. b/c I think the same thing on the chest and back one .. when he tells the camera to zoom in on him and his "perfect back" .. and the "this is perfection my brotha" comments .. LOL .. yeah .. a little ego I would say .. still cracks me up though ..

Well I survived the PlyoX .. Not as bad as I thought .. and now I know why he does not do many legs exercises .. man did that workout burn up my calves, quads, and hamstrings!!

It was a good workout .. a couple of the later movements I did some modifications on b/c of a prv knee injury .. but all in all a great workout .. not as hard as I thought and some of the movements made me feel like a dork .. but it did set my legs on fire and get me winded!!!

Tonight teaching the class that is similar to core synergy (mine has plyo work in it to) .. so I am going to allow myself a few extra calories today .. }(

See you ladies tommorrow!!

Good afternoon ladies.

Gayle: Yes, I'm still running. My longest run so far is 6 miles. I'm increasing my mileage VERY SLOWLY as you can see. I don't mind. I'm just thrilled that I can do it at all! I have no races on tap right now but certainly intend to run some again once springtime hits!:) Good luck on your upcoming races!

Well, I faced my fears (and the challenge) and did Plyo after all! I got through it and I'm still alive and kickin'! It was tough but not what I recall from when I had tried it before. I must not have been at my best that day so I'm glad I didn't wimp out of it today!;)

So did everyone here take before pics and stats before starting the X? I did. I think it's a great motivator! I also took pics of DH. He's not doing the X but I bought him a gym membership so he started going over the weekend and I want him to really be able to SEE his results. He's very thin and a little worried that he won't get the results he wants. He's thinking of going on weight-gainer to help him along.

Off to the showers now!

Catch everyone later! Tomorrow is Shoulders and Arms...I can't wait!!!}(

"and some of the movements made me feel like a dork .. "

lol! oh yeah they do!!!!!!!!! and how do you all do on your opposite hand on the baseball throw?????? i always start with my left... cuz i'm righthanded...

not to scare anyone off... but tony and his ego are part of the reason why it's taken me a year and a 1/2 to redo this workout! lol! well.. that and after 3 months i was ready for someone else! i know when i bring up comments made by other instructors that are annoying... a lot of people will say not to worry about that... or they don't worry about that.. they concentrate on the workout.. well.. i have a hard time separating the two.... PLUS.... i want "thatagurl" encouragement... not "i can do 100 of these even if you can only do 5" discouragement.... BUT.... i'm doing it... i'm enjoying it so far.... ok... enough what can be perceived as negativity! we're here to build each other up! so i don't want to drag anyone down griping about "the man!"!!!!!!

BRING IT!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hi Everybody!

Hope everyone had a good day. I always post so late because I do my workout so late.

Okay, back to day one with ARX and C&B. I think I brought it better than last week. It's hard for me to say. After a Cathe workout, I feel so worked out - ya know what I mean. I feel fatigued right now but not as much as Cathe's endurance and I don't know if I'm bringing it enough. For instance, lawnmowers, I did 15's. I know I can't go heavier and yet......I don't know. I'll keep plugging away and doing the best I can. I guess it's better than being a couch potato which is what I felt like doing when I got home today.

Yes, I did notice that Tony seems like a show-off at times but I do like some of his antics. I'll probably be ready to scream by week 12. I do miss Cathe but I invested in this with the promise that I'll "try" to do it, so try I will.

I hope my hip flexors don't feel like last time I did ARX. I was limping for three days. During the week I resorted to a Cathe ab routine to give my legs a break.

Have a great night!!!!

Nancy

DB: I am one of those people who can ignore the instructor's personality and even the music so long as I like the work out! I guess that's a good thing in this case, ey? LOL ;)

Nancy: Don't worry about subbing in Cathe abs for ARX. I plan to do the same thing. I don't think I can take ARX 3x a week for 12 weeks. I am just not fond of the routine...

Well my legs already hurt from Plyo!:eek: I am going to try to get a stretch in tonight so I'll be able to walk in the morning!:p

Okay, I'm outta here...time to get my lil' munchkin ready for bed!:+

Caio!:D

hi nancy.... don't worry about posting late.... i've taken to checking in here several times a day cuz i know we're all on different schedules and in different time zones!

ya know... now that you mention it.... on some of cathe's workouts i do seem to feel more wiped than with p90x.... i wonder if it's the whole push/pull thing versus cathe's way of doing the same body part all at once? i REALLY like the push/pull thing! seems like i can do more cuz the body part gets to rest!

wendy i'd stick my tongue out at you if they had a smiley for that! lol! ya.... it will be a good thing for you by week 10 or so!!!! but yes... tony is funny and cute in a lot of ways!

i watched cardio X today cuz i was gonna add it a couple days a week just to get in a workout since i can't ride my bike outside and i hate the trainer! uhm.... well.... i decided not to do it! it reminds me of a cathy compilation.. but done "all new".... have any of you watched it? it's basically yoga, kenpo, core synergistics, plyo... and i couldn't bring myself to do even 10 minutes of yoga tonight knowing i have to do it for 90 minutes tomorrow! lol! PLUS... the biggest drawback.... i really didn't see it getting my heartrate up and burning enough calories to make it worth it.... so i did a little housework and now we're watching tv shows i've been dvr-ing!

see you ladies tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.