P90X January Starters, Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning X'ers!:)

Classic Rotation/Week 1/Day 4

Well my step class last night was a ton of fun and after I showered I did StretchMax 3. I needed that! My calves are sore though. I am hoping that today's yoga will help the calf issue a bit...

Marie: I'm so glad you decided to join us! I have Legs and Back on tap for tomorrow and after hearing you and DB talk about the DOMS from it, I am askeered!:eek: LOL

Have a good day, X'ers!:)

Hello, X-er ladies!!

Wendy, don't be scared of L&B. When I did it, I remember thinking... this is it?? So it's not until AFTERwards that you have to worry, lol. What was the step class like? Was it easier/harder than a Cathe step?

I have to change up the rotation a bit this week because I'm traveling for work tomorrow. Therefore, I'm doing Kenpo X today, off tomorrow, L&B Saturday, Yoga X Sunday.

I also ordered the recovery drink yesterday. I've been avoiding it but I've also been fairly devoid of energy in the evenings recently so I think that I need it.

To all who follow: have a great day!! :)

Marie

Marie,

I thought about looking into the recovery drink but figured it would be pricey. I usually drink a protein shake after a work out anyway. I get a big jug of protein powder for really cheap at the grocery store and add banana and natural p/b to it usually with some fat free milk and it is OH SO YUMMY!:9 I know it's obviously more protein than carbs but I seem to be doing fine with it so I don't know if I should "fix" what doesn't appear to be broken, ya know? :)

I AM scared of L&B because I have a weekly run planned out for the next day!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I am in TROUBLE! LOL I guess the DOMS can't be any worse then what I get from B&G's leg blast premix and I've managed to run then so we'll see...:)

Gotta get ready to go run some errands before Joey needs his nap!

I'll BBL!

Wendy: Good Morning - L&B is not that bad (IMO) I think I get way worse DOMS from Cathe's B&G and LL workout :) I enjoyed the workout though :)

Last night I did KenpoX for the first time. It was fun, but I definitely didn't sweat enough or get my heart rate high enough. I was going as hard as I humanly could too! The workout reminded me of the drills that Cathe does in her KickMax workout. I have a hard time getting my heartrate high in that one too in the beginning, until she hits her next segment (ouch).

Tonight I am skipping the stretch since I took a rest day Monday. I will be doing the Chest and Back one tonight ( I think that is what followed the rest day) Anyways I am following the classic but adding in three more cardio workouts in the second phase....(will use CTX).

So far I really enjoy the weight workouts and the yoga, but not that impressed with PlyoX or KenpoX, I feel like I get more of a cardio factor with Imax III and KPC/KM workouts :) Just my opinion though.....

BBL - -

Good morning Ladies .. (week 2 day 4.. my own version of classic rotation)

Did my favorite arms and back yesterday .. upped my weight and thought I would be sore today .. but I am not .. YAYAYAYAYA:)

Last night's class was low impact step cardio and abs ..

.. today going to do Kenpow at lunch .. tonight I teach a yoga class .. so should be a good combo day for me ..

Tommorrow is Legs and Back .. I have not done this workout yet .. looking forward to it .. (Tony love to work that back)

One comment about the PlyoX .. I think it is not as hard cardiovascular wise (comparing to Cathe) .. b/c he does not use momentum and he goes so low to floor and stays low to the floor .. I think of this workout as a killer workout for the legs and calves more than cardio .. although the heart rate does go thru some anaerobic phases ... but I liked it for the most part .. just don't like the last few what I look and feel like a complete idiot or dork doing it
:7

totally blew the clean eating .. DH cooked for me .. FRIED deer meat .. FRIED french fries .. and english peas .. oh yeah . . totally destroyed the clean eating .. LOL

Ok .. have a great day .. and great workout Ladies!:)

good morning!

legs and back for us today.... as of right now... i'm fine... so hopefully whatever gave me the bad doms last week... won't crop up this week! we'll see... it's only been a couple of hours! (i also did more bike riding last week since i was off work... and they are called DELAYED onset... ) i tried to make sure i went really low cuz when you are doing this workout... it doesn't appear to be as difficult as cathe's.... there again... part of that could be the rest period you get when you switch to back....

i did better of some of the pullups using the tower.... but not as good on the wide front ones.... those are hard!

tomorrow is kenpoX... not sure how that will go since our kenpo dvd is messed up.. and even though i have a tracking number saying it was shipped monday... ups has no record of it yet.. only billing... go figure, eh? that's beach body for you! may have to substitute cathe or billy blanks instead (hubby likes tae bo better than cathe... so probably billy... but we'll see!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Good Morning Everyone,

Today was Shoulders and Arms for me. I really love this workout. I always know what muscles I've worked when I'm done. What a great feeling that is.

Wendy-My Dr. doesn't think my foot will really ever heal. I did aerobics on a cement floor for years (not anymore though) and all the running on the pavement and rocks. I can run for 6-8 miles 2 to 3 times per week and I'm usually okay. I'm not a big fan of L&B. I get a much better workout from Cathe. I'm doing it anyway!

Marie-You'll have to let us know what you think of the recovery drink. I usually have a protein shake w/mixed berries & oatmeal after my workouts.

Laura-I burned 550 calories doing plyoX. I was surprised since the workout has so many breaks in it. Don't worry too much about the poor eating. It was only one day:)

Desertbriez-My back is sore from using the assisted pull up machine. How is your back feeling. I feel sore mostly in the upper outer part of my back.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Hi Everybody -

I'm still at work but I have Shoulders/arms and ABX on tap for later. My core is feeling better today - oh, I loved those DOMS! They're hard to get anywhere else.

I keep considering the recovery drink as well. I read on Beachbody that some people just take juice (like apple or grape) and add a scoop of protein powder to it or drink non-fat chocolate milk since both have the same ratios. ??? I know there's other stuff in the recovery drink I just don't know if I want to GO FOR IT. ???

Okay, have a great day!! I think I'm feeling good from these workouts. My eating has been cleaner lately.....I think it's the third or fourth day now. I should keep a journal. Does anyone else write down everything they eat. I keep it in my head but we know how that can go, lol.

Nancy

I'll let you ladies know about the recovery drink. I was on the fence about it for a long time (and I'm still finishing up some Body for Life protein powder), BUT there's other stuff in it like creatine that I think could be useful. I have been having some real bonks lately - not during the workout but later in the evening - which seem to indicate I'm not getting enough cals and/or carbs and/or something. I'm working through that. Anyway, I just figured for the place I'm in, better safe than sorry. :)

I just finished up Kenpo X. I do really enjoy that workout even if it's not intense as Cathe's stuff. I like the opportunity to focus on form and power, and I think that's going to help me be better with Cathe's stuff when I go back to it... because you KNOW we are all going back! :) I finished up with ARX. I have a friend who's a PT and she advised me (after hearing me whine one too many times, lol) to just do a certain number of reps of each exercise in the beginning and then add as you go. So I did the entire workout with 12 reps of each exercise (or so, except the Mason Twist, which I did about half). This really worked for me because I didn't feel so crapped out at the end. I also was concentrating more on my core (the whole point of this endeavor, lol) than keeping up. Just thought I'd pass that along if anyone else is struggling.

Finally, my Iron Woody pull-up assist kit came today!!!! I can't wait to try them out!

Hope you have a great workout!
Marie

Thanks for your thoughts on the recovery drink, Marie. I know I'll probably go for it sooner or later so I guess it should be sooner.

I'm going to try your suggestion for ARX too. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks - Nancy

Well I did the 2nd half of Yoga X. I liked it except for the "ohm" stuff at the end!:p I also did not even attempt the crane pose! Okay, I am lying...I STARTED to attempt it but quickly realize it was NOT going to happen and backed off and went into child's pose instead!:7 I will do the first half of Yoga X after DS goes to sleep tonight. DH won't be home so it will be a great time to do it.

I'm off to do some shopping with DS. I have some $$ to spend from Christmas and I'm like a kid and have to spend it as fast as possible! LOL

Later chicas!:)

Hello ladies. Don't know if I am in the right place but I am currently bidding at Ebay on the P90X set...3 hours to go. After hearing all the praise, I took the jump. I suppose I will probably not have it for a few days but I thought I would stop in...

Classic/Phase 1/Week 2/Day 3

Hi Everybody

Welcome Melissa. I think everyone would say that they're enjoying the X and we'll look forward to you "bringing it" too.

Tonight I did S & A and ARX and really brought it tonight. I upped my weights on everything too. Now that's not really saying that much. Went from 8 to 10's on biceps and 7 to 8's on most shoulders, which was "bringing it" for me. I was so fatigued at the end of it. I didn't have my usual "fake" recovery drink when I was done. I just went right to dinner which was a veggie chili with a small amount of ground turkey and brown rice. I'm still not following any particular diet or looking at ratios which I really feel I need to do if I want to see great results. I'm in the process of reading BFFM which seems very similar to the P90X diet plan. I'm hoping to learn more than I know now and then apply it.

Ok, have a great night. I really like checking in here.

Nancy

Melissa, Good luck! I hope you win!

Nancy, Good job upping your weights! Who cares how heavy you are lifting just so long as you are improving and doing your own personal best! I am not very strong either but I don't care! I am actually lifting a good deal heavier with the X then I do with Cathe though because of the way the work outs are put together. Do you find the same thing??

Well, I finished the first part of Yoga X as promised. I did 90 minutes of Yoga today! Unbelievable!!!!:eek: :7 :7 :+ I have to admit I actually enjoyed it! Thank you, Tony!;)

Tomorrow is Legs and Back! Bring on those chin/pull ups! WOOH! }(

Well, it's off to bed with me...hafta work in the morning!

Ciao. :D

Hi ladies -

I know I've not been here for a few days but it's tax time and I usually don't get to the computer until late at night, if at all.:D Trying to get all the books to the accountant is a pain! Also I've been on the sparkpeople web site. I've found so many neat things there and have been tracking my diet, and it takes a while, so I've not been around much. But, am still on track with the X. Just did YogaX todayx( I'm still waiting for it to grow on me.

Poochy - I agree with you about plyo. Plyo has my HR all over the place! It was between 125 all the way up to 184 yesterday. It usually doesn't get that high, but I was just whipped yesterday and just kept pushing myself through it. All in all though a pretty good workout.

Marie - Oh do tell about the recovery drink when you get it. I have just been using the cheap EAS protein powder. Someone else posted about a Syntax drink or something like that.....just too many things going on right now to do any research on protein/recovery drinks.

Wendy - About that crane pose......I must admit - I cheat a little bit. I do the pose while also having my head on the floor and supporting some of my weight. It's still a heck of a workout on the arms. Plus, I at least feel like I'm doing something.

Nancy - Do tell any neat things you've found with BFFM. I'm intrigued but haven't purchased it yet.

Diana - Aren't those DOMS great. Funny how sometimes you think - hey, that workout wasn't too bad....and then the next day - HELLO! LOL kinda like what Cathe says in IMAX 2. Can ya tell I'm missin Cathe????:(

Reba - I like Cathe cardio better too. Although, I don't like kickboxing much at all. But for me, nothing compares to the IMAX's or SB or RS.;)

Happy Xing all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.