P90X January Starters, Sunday

Wendy: LOL. Enjoy your day off!!!

Today is Kenpo X for me; tomorrow starts my official recovery week. I am debating resting tomorrow and starting Tuesday, which might jive better with my travel week PLUS I was so unmotivated yesterday that I think I might need the break. I did L&B and did great BUT it was hard getting myself started. It's too early in the rotation to feel that way! So I'm trying to be careful.

Last night I went to my girlfriend's and she had.... HOMEMADE APPLE PIE! And yes, I had a piece,and it was freaking delicious! hehe. I've been pretty strict with the clean eating otherwise (for the most part, certainly not perfect but much improved) so I thought it was worth it. :)

Hope you all have a great workout!

Marie

Hi Marie and Wendy

My day off today too - ahhhhhhhh!

Kenpo actually made me sweat yesterday, especially with the leftover DOMS from legs on Friday.

Half way thru the program - wooooohooooo! Week 7 starts tomorrow.

Sunday is usually when I have problems staying on track with the eating - but so far so good today.

I think I'll plan to keep busy with chores today - god knows I have enough of those to do:)

Have a great day all!!!!

Angie

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 2/DAY 7: Rest

Hi Marie and Angie.

Marie, Nothin' like a good homemade applepie to warm you up on a cold day, huh? My mom makes a yummy one! :9

Angie, So you are half way through the rotation!? GOOD JOB! Have you taken pics, measurements,etc along the way? What kind of results are you seeing? Inquiring minds want to know!}(

Tomorrow I begin week 3. It's the last week before recovery. I am actually looking forward to recovery which is odd for me! LOL I can't wait to take new pics and measurements at the end of phase 1! Seeing the results in front of my face will spur me on!:)

I'd probably be seeing more results if I could only clean up my eating. Karaoke night was fun but a disaster for "clean" eating. I'm going to run to buy Tosca Reno's new book today. Maybe that will help. I love reading that stuff anyway. It's better than a novel. I'm also going to buy 12's. I have 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 15 and 20's. I find I can't increase from 10 to 15's and my daughter borrowed my 12's and brought them to school with her. I think I need a new set if I'm going to try to "bring it".

Kenpo X for me today. I like to workout in the late afternoon. I'm just used to it from the weekday schedule. Tomorrow rest/stretch (I'll probably stretch) and then recovery week.

Wendy, I'm glad you're looking forward to taking pics and measurements. I'm dreading it. I really need to clean up this eating. I'll probably do the pics/measurements anyway to remind me that all of this working out isn't going to go to far without the biggest component. By the way, how's Joey? He's so cute!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Nancy:)

Aww......nobody around today.

Clean Eating doesn't come to bookshelves until the 28th. I knew everybody pre-ordered but I thought the date was end of December. Oh well, I'll have to wait. I hate waiting.

Kenpo X and Week 3 of Phase 1 bites the dust. I love this workout too. I think I love them all I've realized except Yoga. So I checked out recovery week. I'm glad there's Kenpo and I'm happy to try core synergistics. Yoga twice, I'm scared. I have to get a substitute quickly.

Okay, great night everybody.

Nancy

Hello, is anybody home? LOL

Nancy, So what will you use as your sub for Yoga X? I just purchased Baron Baptiste's Long and Lean Yoga. It's supposed to be similar in style to Yoga X-BUT SHORTER!:) I will use it as a sub when Yoga X is just too much or when I just need a change or whatever. I can't believe I am actually starting to like it!:eek: It's growing on me....like MOLD! LOL :p

So I rested to the fullest extent of the word today. I was LAZY LAZY LAZY today. Didn't even do much in the way of housework! I'm such a bum! LOL

I did, however, make a pretty big decision and took the first step toward implementing it today! I have been toying with the idea of certifying to become a personal trainer for about 2 years now. Well, today I finally decided that I am going to go for it and so I decided on the organization I wanted to cert with and ordered the study materials/exam! I am very excited but very nervous too! I hope I pass! When it comes time to find a job I may pass out from nervousness so I hope someone here knows CPR! ;) :p :7 They say it should take 3-4 months to get through the material and complete the exam. Wish me luck, ladies!:)

Have a great night all!

Hey Wendy-

I don't know what I'll substitute yet. I want something really easy, lol. To me, Stretch X is as yoga-ish as I want to get. A nice, easy stretch. The only yoga dvd I have now is by Tari Rose - Hard Body Yoga. It's alright. Not as hard as Tony's but still too many of those d@mn down dogs. I get head-rush!!!! And then she does the same exercise four times. I get annoyed. Hurry up, already! I know that's not the point of yoga, and I guess that's why I have a hard time with it. Plus, twist this body? I don't think so.

Wow, a personal trainer - good for you!! If I wasn't so old, I'd be doing the same. I don't want anybody laughing at me though. I think it's a great idea. Combine what you love and make money doing it. I don't think I could "personal train" but I'd love to lead a class or something. Congratulations!!!!!! What organization did you go with, if you don't mind my asking. My daughter talks about doing this also. She just graduated college, has a really good job (thank God), and would maybe do something like this on the side. She's really buff but when you're 23 y.o., I think it comes a bit easier. She is a hard body-builder though. She looks great.

Okay, I'll be here browsing. I keep my laptop on the arm of my sofa and watch TV, read, and browse - all at the same time. We women really know how to multi-task, don't we? DH watching football, so I'm barely looking up. LOL

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.