P90X January Starters, Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Xers!}(

Classic Rotation/Week 1/Day 7

Desertbriez, I read your post from last night. WOW girl! You know how to bring it! 100 miles! You go girl! How long have you been cycling for?

Well I am on the fence today...it's supposed to be my rest day but I have a long day ahead of me as DH is out working O/T today (again) for 12+ hours and all I have planned is a quick hit on the food store and some cleaning. In order to prevent the stir crazies I was considering doing tmrw's work out (chest&back/arx) today and resting tmrw. On tuesday I could then resume the normal schedule. What do you all think? Is it necessarily a BAD idea or do you think that would be okay??

I ended up doing X stretch last night. It felt good.

I'll be back later!:)

Good morning, Wendy!!!!

I think your plan sounds like a good one. You didn't do Legs & Back yesterday, did you? As long as not, I think it should be fine. Actually, I was thinking about doing something similar today because I am traveling for work on Tuesday, which is Plyo X day. But I think I am just going to FORCE myself to do Yoga X today and just use Tues as the rest day (which stinks so early in the week, but what can you do).

I did Legs & Back yesterday (another reason I can't do C/B today, lol). I know you guys don't seem to be getting DOMS from this workout, but my butt is REALLY sore! I think I must respond very well to freestyle-type training. I can definitely already see that I'm leaning out in the hip area, which is good news.

So overall, how did everyone do last week? I was definitely not as sore BUT I will tell you, I have several bouts of exhaustion/crabbiness which I think were caused by not eating enough cals. I'm going to track more carefully this week. I also ordered the recovery drink last week so I hope that helps.

Have a great day, all!!!!

Marie

Hi all -

Wendy - I think your plan sounds just fine. Ya gotta make it work for you and if changing up just one day make things easier then definitely go for it. I had to change up some days on my first month too because December was so busy. I still saw great gains so I know that changing up one day here and there still works.

Marie - Legs & Back still give me DOMS too, although a bit less than when first starting out. It's kind of strange - sometimes the DOMS wait a day or two before kicking in. The wall squats really make my legs shake, which makes me happy because I know I'm still getting something out of it for sure.

Today is rest:) Tomorrow back to the grind - week 6 starts. I like the second phase overall. Next week will probably feel a little better since I think that first week after recovery week is extra tough for some reason. As for the crankiness - I always have my moments. However, I have really been cutting out the sweets and I think it has improved my mood overall.:) But I do miss my chocolate.

Angie

Thanks for your input ladies. As it turns out, I don't think I'll need to do the work out today. I really didn't get any housework done with DS around this morning so now that he's down for a nap I have started. I probably won't have time to do the work out after all and if I DO have some time, I'll probably just do a bit of stretching or yoga to fill the space. I will have to keep this back up plan in my mind though just incase I need it in the future!:)

Marie, I got DOMS from Legs and Back! It wasn't too apparent until I did KenpoX the next day but then it reared it ugly head!}( LOL I am actually still a bit sore in my back today!:+

Angie, I too always have my cranky moments and it's not related to my food!}( :p I am just prone to moodiness. I hate it but that's me! Chocolate!!! Did someone say chocolate!? If you are ridding your home of it please feel free to send it my way! :9

I miss my running. :-( Last weekend the arthritis in my neck stopped me from being able to run on my scheduled running day and this week my laziness kept me from getting to the gym to do it. ACK! I gotta do it this week even if I have to re-work the rotation a bit in order to get there!

Well, break over...back to cleaning! :7

Angie, that's interesting about it being more difficult the week after recovery - honestly, I'm really looking forward to that week right now, lol.

Wendy, I didn't realize you have arthritis. Is it just in the ankles/knees? Are you taking anything? BTW, I keep meaning to ask, how is Joey? Any more seizures or answers about why that happened? I say a little prayer for him (and little Greyor) every day. :)

Briez, 100 miles on a bike!!!! Holy cow, you guys must be superfit! I think it's so awesome that you and your SO share that interest. :)

I just did the first 45 minutes of Yoga X. I admit I like it but it frustrates me because I can't hear the guy when we're in the downward dog position (eh-hem, half the 45 minutes, lol), but I am getting into the rhythm of it. I will do the second half later. Is that all standing balancing postures?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Marie

Hey Marie...Oddly enough, the arthritis is my neck! I've had flare ups before and running actually made it feel better. Last week though it was aggravating it somehow so I had to switch to the elliptical. I have a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. I only take it when I have a flare-up and only if it's a bad one. It doesn't bother me often *knock on wood*. It's a relatively new discovery. I guess I found out about a year ago now and I can count on one hand how times it has bothered me. Joey is doing awesome! He's taking his meds like a champ. No seizure activity since that day but also no answers. The docs say that's a GOOD thing that they didn't find an answer though. That means there is nothing wrong with him per se. This kind of thing will happen with little ones and chances are that even once he is taken off the meds, it will never happen again. Thank you for asking!:) The second half of Yoga X is half balancing postures and half pretty regulation stretching with a couple minutes of meditation and ohms at the very end. Please let us know how you did with the crane pose!?!? }( }( }(

Ahhhhh - the dreaded crane - LOL

Oh, did we forget to warn you about the 7 abdominal exercises too? I forget what he calls it (yoga belly X or something like that) - but I remember the exercises - you will too.}(

And yes - I look forward to recovery week too - although it's not much of a recovery. Really it's just a break from ab ripper X and heavy weight work. But it just seems like the week following recovery is killer.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.